Yamaha XT1200Z SuperTénéré owners: Show Us Your Bikes!

Discussion in 'Japanese polycylindered adventure bikes' started by AndreiZ, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Choicecut

Choicecut Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks for that. I went through the thread, but it just showed that silly duck beak from europe and the dr 650 fender. I may have to just buy one and make something myself. I might add that after looking through this thread, the beakless option with a set of HIDS in that area are starting to grow on me.

I went for an extended ride on Saturday seeking out a Tenere since everybody was sold out. Finally found one down in West Virginia. I really gave it a good once over and changed the seat to the high setting. Much more room there than I had previously thought. The bikes overall quality is extremely solid and the price point is going to be a HUGE factor. I was so tempted to just get it Saturday, but I had to walk away. Just not ready to buy yet and I really want to see a WC 1200GS in person. Sure was a beaut!

[​IMG]
  2. Thagua

Thagua Let's go adventuring...

Oddometer:
    Hi Mikef5000 ... the rear tire is a Metzeler Sahara Enduro 3 size 140/80/18 made in Brazil because I couldn't find a Heidenau of that same size to match my front Heidenau 90/90/21 ... unfortunately the Mitas distributor here does not bring this type of tires although the market is asking for them ... same with the Heidenau's ... awful dealers.BTW, the wheels are from Woody's Wheel Works from whoom I'm still waiting his shirt and decals ... maybe for christmas ... lol
    Regarding the front beak, I ordered, installed and gave away the front beak sold by Off-the-road ... made my own support for a high fender (Yamaha chinese) and also modified the OEM fender cutting it in half ... it works ... still waiting Wasp support for its high fender and the brake hose rerouting although I have made my own ... not as brilliant but it works.
    [​IMG]

Thanks to all who have given its collaboration on making my dreams come true ... Pluric, Dallara, Tremor, BlueEyes, Bundu, etc ... if you wish to have a taste of honey then I have a special deal for January 2013 ... use my 'Black Pearl' for the whole month to chase the Dakar or ride anywhere, fully equipped with soft bags (Giant Loop), for a small fee.
    Roberto akaThagua
  3. Motorfiets

Motorfiets Long timer

Oddometer:
    :huh how the hell do you fit in that thing?!? I'm 6'2 and DO NOT fit :lol3
  4. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:

Yeah this kind of stuff suits to a KLR.. :gerg

But...shhhhhhh, don't start again!!!

:lol3
  5. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap
  6. McBoab

McBoab Fast side of farty

Oddometer:
    Just a quick tuppenth worth of imo . That load on the trailer looks like its going to be putting a lot of twisting forces onto the S10's rear axle , I wouldn't have thought that the spec yam created was desigined to cope with that sort of load . Wouldn't your design would be better with a trailer type hitch off a subframe connected to the stronger parts of the S10 to allow the trailer and bike to adapt to road undulations camber changes independant of each other? any ways just my thoughts and good luck with it what ever you do...
  7. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It ain't easy.:lol3 I once went to buy a Lotus Elise. The salesman just wanted me to test drive it.
    I was more interested if I could get in and out of it. With the top on I barely could, very awkward
    and a lot of grunting involved. The RZR 170 is very similar for me.
  8. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
  9. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    There is a trick to getting into and out of a Lotus Elise. Once you know it, it is easy - even if you are 6'2" tall. Just don't ever touch or try to use the windshield frame for leverage or support.

I don't know about the RZR though!
  10. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:

I think my problem was more width related. I found a simpler solution.:D

[​IMG]
  11. jaumev

jaumev Long timer

Oddometer:
    You got a horrible taste with colours.... :fitz :pissed ...................... :tb
  12. Gryphon12

Gryphon12 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yes! Great minds...:rofl
  13. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    It runs in the family. If you're going to buy a lemon it might as well look like one.:wink:

[​IMG]
  14. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    More a matter of a very convincing son who sees a hand me down in his future.:deal
  15. simmons1

simmons1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Are you looking to adopt another son?
  16. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was going to say make my daughter and honest woman, but I'm not ready to have my
    grandaughter out of the house....yet.:wink::D
  17. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    You Tenere riders really do everything to make the bike look lightweight - the issue is, it works ... :lol3
  18. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    :bluduh

Just happens that I took the day off today to tend and play with the grandkid. We made
    a snow fort and "Tenere Tom" the snow man. She said "It looks like Papa". She's grounded now.:wink:

[​IMG]
  19. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Smart kid ...

Man, I want on my bike again, at least four more weeks to go ... :cry
  20. pluric

pluric Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Gee, one would never know you're a little stir crazy.:augie

You know it's bad when you're down to trying to pick a fight with the fat and happy crowd.:lol3