Any women riders?

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by giddyupgirl, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Bonnie Abbzug

Bonnie Abbzug Property of Hayduke

Oddometer:
    Hi Dragonfly! I have the Alpinstar Bionic "Stella" in a Med. and it fits me pretty good. I can't fit a lot underneath it (usually just a long sleeve polypro type shirt), but I can put plenty of loose layers over it for colder days. I like the fact that it has molded bewbie parts, cuz I got bewbs. It's pretty comfy and feels very protective!

The only thing that might be an issue for you is the length. You are a whole lot taller then I and it fits me pretty good length wise :dunno

[​IMG]
  2. Tinks

Tinks Demented Snow White

Oddometer:
    Ok, so now I have 32k on my bike since the last post. It looks like I'll be doing the school in Hallett, OK on 11/18. I'm not sure if you'd be interested. I've hitched myself a ride up there (I don't have a truck), but I needed to work on my skills.

I'm still cool with doing some riding some time with other locals. We may be going to Jasper on Sunday with some friends. Ca depends. We are doing the puppy run tonight and tomorrow. (another thread) I'm running a puppy to Fayetteville.

PM me if you are in the Central Arkansas area and would like to ride here or in the Northern or Central Northern part of the state. Hwy 341 (I know Snuffy who takes pictures up there), Hwy 123, Hwy 74, Hwy 43, Hwy 16...all those beauties.
  3. Ladybug

Ladybug Bug Sister Super Moderator Supporter

Oddometer:
    Spokane Valley, WA (the dry side of the mountains)
    OK, there's ton of information all over the ADVrider forums about this topic and probably even some here in this thread but I'm wanting to get the most current opinions from you gals here so I'm going to ask.

Because a girl can never have too many motorcycles I want another one. I'm in the market for a tiny dual sport bike, tiny as in 200 to 250 ccs. I'm short, 5'0" so the KLX250 is out right from the start but there are a number of others I've considered.

I would like to hear what any of you who own and ride the smaller dual sport bike have to say about your bike of choice. Tell me what you like and don't like about it. If you've had one in the last five years or so and have moved on to something else tell me about that too.

For me I want to be able to tour on it, taking longish trips involving a lot of gravel roads and trails but yet hitting the pavement too. I already have my F650GS and I like it for trips that are more along the lines of 80% pavement 20% gravel roads or so. With a smaller dual sport the trips will be more along the lines of 80% off pavement 20% pavement, and the off pavement will be a bit more technical than I want to tackle with the F650.

OK ladies, I anxiously waiting to read what your thoughts are.
  4. VelvtRide

VelvtRide i can haz a motrsykle?

Oddometer:
    My thoughts?

I think ya'll that ride in the dirt got some big 'nads. :bow
  5. CamoGreg

CamoGreg aka Camorpheus

Oddometer:
    WTF:eek1 This is sposa be a wimmens thread. And having 'nads ain't wimmens.

Tinks...seriously? 32k or 3200? If it's 32K, have any body parts ya want:lol3:bow
  6. scoon66

scoon66 Who is the Coon?

Oddometer:
    1,000 since her last post, 32,000 total. She got the bike in Oct 04.

[​IMG]
  7. Tinks

Oddometer:
    Sorry, was talking about overall miles on my bike. It has been about 1K miles in a month or so.

I want the heated gear so my cold-ass can keep riding, though.
  8. Tinks

Oddometer:
    Yeah, pink is for pu$-ys. You don't have to be one, just becasue you have one.

Please don't kill me. I really don't mind if other people wear pink, I'm just really sick and frickin tired of being treated like someone's motorcycle accessory who is oh-by-the-way...fat too.
  9. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Registered User

Oddometer:
    Lilac or Lavender, maybe?
  10. VelvtRide

VelvtRide i can haz a motrsykle?

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer of school! I'll be just getting into AR about that time and after being away for 3 months, I'm gonna wanna chill for a few days.

I'll send you a PM when I get up and out on the bike! Thanks! :thumb
  11. HokieDNA01

HokieDNA01 Dirty Sport Girl!

Oddometer:
    I have a 2000 XT 225 and LOVE IT. I think it is very comfortable and does well on the street. I have had mine up to 70mph before but wouldn't suggest it for any highway use. Off road it is a blast. My boyfriend and his dirty riding buddies have been shocked at how capable and rugged it is. It can handle just about any terrain. It has been dropped/dumped MANY times and always fires up first try. It gets about 80mpg so it has some great range as well. I am about 5'2" and can get both of the balls of my feet down on it which helps offroad. I also have no problems picking it up unassisted (a must for fun offroading) I really think when I finally wear my little XT out I will be replacing it with another.

There is a great thread of XT225 junkies on ADVrider if you have any questions about the bike

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178968

Here is a pic of me on my XT with some DS friends on the Trail of Tears in Cherokee NC. Small but kept up with them all day (passed some of them) :wink:

Attached Files:

12. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    That's perfect that's exactly the type of input I'm looking for. Thanks for taking time to respond and post a great pic.:D
  13. sachiwilson

sachiwilson Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Oops! Nope. A woman has gonads - her ovaries! A "gonad" is the organ that makes gametes. In a woman, that's eggs (duh).
  14. Bonnie Abbzug

Oddometer:
    +1

I also have an XT225 and love it! I am 5' nothing with a 27" inseam. I can tip toe on this bike stock, but we cut the seat down about 1.5" and I can get the balls of my feet down comfortably now. I have had mine up to about 75mph, but it really seems happiest around 65-70, especially if it's loaded up with gear. It does great off road, it will tractor through just about anything in first gear! I do sometimes wish it had a little more power - mostly when riding in sand (I hate sand, but it's freakin' everywhere :bluduh ), but other than that it has been a great DS bike for me!

Taking a nap.

[​IMG]

Loaded up, just outside of Lake City looking for a camping spot.

[​IMG]

Good luck in your search, and be sure to let us know what you end up with!
  15. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The bike nap is a position I'm very familiar with :D Great picture. Knowing there's that much padding that can be cut out of the seat is a huge help, I wondered about that. The bike being happy at 65-70 mph sure would be nice.

Are there side bags/boxes available for the XT225? I'm sure there is something that can be made to work but if there's something made for it that's even better.
  16. Bonnie Abbzug

Oddometer:
    As far as I know they don't make any XT225 specific luggage. The bags in that picture were some really old things we had from another motorcycle that we sold - they blew out on the way to West Fest this summer :bluduh , but when we got there another Adventure rider happened to have some Wolfman bags that he had brought to sell :clap - they are much more bomb proof! My husband took a piece of flat stock aluminum, about an inch wide and attached it to the passenger footpeg mount bolt and a grab handle bolt to keep the luggage off the muffler.

You can see the bowed out piece of aluminum over the muffler in this picture:
    [​IMG]

We put a piece of aluminum on the other side too just to help with balance.
  17. HokieDNA01

HokieDNA01 Dirty Sport Girl!

Oddometer:
  18. Medic Nodirt

Medic Nodirt say what???

Oddometer:
    Woman rider here! *sorry im a little late to chime in* :D
  19. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    The picture helped me visualize what can be done to keep the bags away from the hot parts. There are always creative ways to get what we want on bikes it just takes some thinking and seeing what others do. :D

Super link thanks for providing it. Luckily I have the time to research what bike I want and how to get it set up the way I want it. And even better yet is that I have all you super ADVriders to help me along.:clap
  20. Ladybug

Oddometer:
    Welcome, you're gonna love it here:raabia

Any pictures of you and your bike you'd like to share?