The MZ Baghira Thread

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by TellicoADVTrail, Feb 2, 2007.

1. sm2

sm2 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MZ is still in business in Europe; no longer distributing in the U.S. Parts are still available from Europe and can be had within 3-5 days. Check with dealers who previously sold MZ and are willing to still order the parts from Germany. Or check online. Good luck!
  2. TellicoADVTrail

TellicoADVTrail If I don't answer I'm ridin' or shootin' Supporter

Oddometer:
    that IS uglier, but I guess that is part of the charm. :evil HFS, that bike behind it must REALLY be ugly though if you had to cover it up to demonstrate how ugly the Honda was.! Still think that 125 is one cool friggin little scoot. No doubt slow, but for a little commuting or short track/gnarly road duty I gotta think it was great?
  3. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Got rid of the piece of shit Baja Designs tail light kit after the second "sealed" LED tail light rusted out and failed. Replaced with the Acerbis Enduro Taillight kit. That taillight has a normal tail/stop bulb so at least I can replace the bulb when it burns out. The Acerbis looks better too, and fit nicely.

Attached Files:

4. MSW1

MSW1 Lost and Confused

Oddometer:
    Being one of the few Baggy owners around here, I feel it's my duty to keep this thread alive.

Hey Baggi'tard, do you have issues with your exhaust, uhh... melting your turn signal?

When I first put my upswept holeshot can on the Baggy (roughly the same position as yours), about 100 miles down the road, I found my right rear (stock) turn signal dangling by the wires. Nearest I can tell, the heat from the exhaust softened the plastic up so that the lense screw backed out. Luckily, the lense was the only thing to go. The housing and reflector were haning by the wire.

I'm thinking of moving the rear signals down to the steel tube/hoop thing that I left on when I did the tail-fender-ectomy. Or just mounting some flush aftermarket signals to the sides of the tail.

Or maybe I can tune the damn thing so it doesn't run so lean...

Anyway, I'll try to post pics of the many mods I've done recently to keep this mini Baggy community going.
  5. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    NOOP! it just gets a little sooty. :D
  6. old paul

old paul Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Bought this beast from Perry in Ft Worth several years ago. He laced on some massive wheels and played a bit with the tuning. Rode it for a year or so and then passed it on to my son. The bike now lives on Aberdeen Proving Grounds and prowls a bit in the nearby area.
  7. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    Holy Crap! what size are those wheels/tires? I think you own the only Yamaha TW660.
  8. MZRider

MZRider Neo-Luddite

Oddometer:
    Yes, he's a bit of a fuddy duddy, but still plenty capable.

Attached Files:

9. kheff46x

kheff46x n00b

Oddometer:
    what kind of fuel mileage do these get during normal commuting? say, a mix of 80%@60mph and 20% from 25-45mph? definately not WOT conditions please!

im seeing some for sale in my price range, and haven't seen fuel consumption stats anywhere. and i just got accepted to the cult, so help me out if theres any good all encompassing links you know of!

--keith
  10. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    I basically get 70km/44miles per gallon. My buddy in TX gets a bit better than that.
  11. kheff46x

kheff46x n00b

Oddometer:
    is this fairly average? what size is the tank in useable gallons? thanks!

--keith
  12. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
    From what I know in general yeah, and me specifically for sure. It's a 3.3 gallon tank, so I don't get much more than 120 miles between fillups, but then that means I pass about 30 gas stations too, so no biggie. Not what I'd want out in the desert I guess.
  13. MZRider

MZRider Neo-Luddite

Oddometer:
    Grandpa Saxon has a six gallon tank and averages 62mpg. Doesn't go on reserve until 300+ miles.
  14. iceman

iceman Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Dam Gramps !
    That's some great mpg,i saw a couple on ebay and was suprised to see the motor was a Rotax and the chain was compleatly enclosed in a cover if i remember right,it was a while back.
  15. thisandmatt

thisandmatt n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi, has anybody bought or made a rack to carry hard luggage on a Baghira or Mastiff? My mate and I want to put Alpos Alu boxes on but can't find a rack! If you have made your own how about some pictures to give us a clue? Any mistakes been made that you can tell us about so we don't make them?

Any help and advice appreciated

Matt
  16. amahoser

amahoser n00b

Oddometer:
  17. TellicoADVTrail

Oddometer:
  18. OldHack

OldHack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I have 2003 Baghira not sure what to do with it i decided to do this ------------

Attached Files:

19. Schtum

Schtum Free Genie

Oddometer:
    Tell us more about that front fork conversion.....:ear
  20. OldHack

OldHack Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The forks are taken from a CRF 450 Crosser, they are Ohlins 45mm. i shortened them by 75mm and converted the wheel spindle position to a bushed pivot for the loop. This takes the wheel forwards 85mm to lighten the steering for the outfit. the loop is anchored at the rear by two tie rods.
    The rear shock has been stiffened up to take the extra weight 75-250-105
    Dual rated spring.
    Thanks for the interest.

Attached Files: