Auxiliary LED Lights - MondoMotos

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by The Toad, Dec 27, 2011.

1. GsVs

GsVs Goin' Somewhere

Oddometer:
    On the DR650SE - the might be able to use the front reflector brackets -- check for clearance to the gas tank thou...

2. Greg Bender

Greg Bender Long timer

Oddometer:
    Check out the "Light Mounting Bracket" here:

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr650.html

Regards,

Gregory Bender
  3. Dirtnadvil

Dirtnadvil Long timer

Oddometer:
    I would like to see a pic of mounting options for a DRZ400. I bought the MM10 lights......Thanks
  4. HighFructose

HighFructose Banned

Oddometer:
    these mini bullet lights are badass, i haven't even wired them up yet :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. BlackBeast

BlackBeast Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Bullets on order. :norton
  6. goodcat8

goodcat8 Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just tried through secret link, says sold out.

I bookmarked the page and will revisit 11/01.
  7. BlackBeast

Oddometer:
    Huh!
    Will have to double check when he's back, as my PayPal payment went through.
  8. The Toad

The Toad on the go since...wait. where am I ?

Oddometer:
    We are back (for a few days) and will be shipping orders today and tomorrow. We are temporarily sold out of the Bullet lights/light kits but more will be ready to ship very soon (about a week).

Riding in and around Tellico Plains was awesome!

We did run across a bear hunter or two but had a great time riding in the mountains.

[​IMG]
    The road behind on the way up to Waucheesi

[​IMG]
    Up to Track 82 (great single track)

[​IMG]
    Kris taking on one of the four water crossings on Witt Rd - The little XT225 gets the job done

[​IMG]
    Headed up one of the many mountain roads

We will be out of town for a few days next week but we expect to see the return of MondoBob before then.

Thanks
    -Brian
  9. The Toad

Oddometer:
    If its an S model the reflector bracket (sandwiched between the front fender and the yoke). Mounting the MM10's in place of the reflectors has worked out well.

-Brian
  10. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting up the pics :clap

-Brian
  11. ShooterDave

ShooterDave Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Your website says the MM-12 AUX are currently out of stock. I NEED to have a set of these. When will they be back in stock so I can happily give you my money?
  12. The Toad

Oddometer:
    We dont have an ETA for the MM12's but we do have a few sets of the MM10 Bullets in stock (lights only).

They are a bit brighter, draw less current and can be mounted just about anywhere...

MM10 Bullets

Thanks,
    -Brian
  13. firedad415

firedad415 trying to speak dirt

Oddometer:
    Here is the pre adjustment pic.... I am working on an "L" bracket to give me more adjustability down/up (as the stock brackets don't allow as much adjustment in the current location on my bike). I will also play with mounting them on the AltRider bars using PIAA brackets.
    More pics to come.
    [​IMG]
  14. ShooterDave

ShooterDave Adventurer

Oddometer:

Interesting option there. They are not accessible from your main web page, so thanks for the link. A few questions about them. What is light like compared to the MM12's? In both brightness, and spread? Also how many watts do they draw each? Do you have any pictures of the light from the MM12's and the MM10's to compare the two?
  15. firedad415

firedad415 trying to speak dirt

Oddometer:
    My experience with MondoMotos;

So, there I was, super excited to have these "Bullets" on the way and with all the great reviews, it was hard to wait ALL FOUR days it took for the lights to arrive! I busted into the box to find everything neatly packed and well put together. Immediately upon opening the two little boxes inside the shipping pack, I noticed these things felt stout and of fine quality.
    I then unraveled the organized "kit" portion of the light kit. The professional looking harness and switch looked to be of top quality and well insulated in it's heat shrink and water fast fittings. The instructions were simple and referenced where on the site I could find additional info and such. Laying everything out, it all seemed to go together as easily as the proverbial peg in a hole. Bench testing everything, the lights were quite impressive. Brighter than anything I had ever mounted up on past cars or bikes. Getting them mounted up, everything went smoothly...with one exception! Now one light wasn't working! :baldy I turned everything off, did the ole "shake the wire trick", tested some connections and lit them back up and voila! Couldn't get either light to recreate the issue.
    I wrote MondoMotos, told them of my issue and said I would take them for a spin that weekend and see what happened. NOPE.... Brian couldn't let that ride I suppose. He said he would send a whole new setup immediately! WHAT?!?!?!? NOT charge me for another set until the return of the others....NOT send back originals and wait for another....NOT return/repair/reship!?!?!?!?! No, none of that. They shipped out a new setup, which arrived in 3 days, and simply said use any or all of what I felt would do the trick/make me happy and use the enclosed shipping sticker to box it up and send back any or all of the old setup! No questions, no excuses! A simple apology for the inconvenience and new goods shipped immediately! Holy Smokes why can't other folks do business like this!
    I am elated to say the new lights are on the Tenere, look great and work flawlessly! A fine product that the owner obviously stands behind. I am proud to have done business with such a stand up company.

Thanks Brian and MondoMotos
  16. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback and the pic... looking forward to more :clap

-Brian
  17. The Toad

Oddometer:
    The MM10 page goes "live" the first part of next week. Still working on some pics, now that its getting darker out earlier we should have something in a couple weeks.

For comparison sake:

MM12 (12 watt each) - is a flood pattern (60 degree spread)

MM10 (10 watt each) - is spot/narrow pattern (25 degree spread). CREE LED means it is a bit brighter than the MM12 and the more focused beam means it projects a little farther.

thanks,
    -Brian
  18. TXalex

TXalex Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Brian,

the MM10s look fantastic.
    Is the note on your website regarding the availability of the kit (11/5) still current?

Cheers,
    Alex
  19. The Toad

Oddometer:
    Alex,

we will have a small number of the kits ready to ship by the 5th. We expect to be back at 100% manpower that week and will have a much larger quantity ready to go the following week.

Thanks,
    -Brian
  20. BlackBeast

Oddometer:
    Received my lights, looks amazing and packaged well. :clap Now to just get them installed.