She's Here; Sportcity Cube

Discussion in 'Battle Scooters' started by GREY.HOUND, Nov 6, 2012.

1. GREY.HOUND

GREY.HOUND Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Pics or it didn't happen, right?

Delivered around 6:00 tonight, to dark even with the light on in the garage so I'll get some pics tomorrow. I live in a cul-de-sac so I decided to drive around despite the darkness. The cul-de-sac was way to small for anything other than getting comfortable and going in circles so I decided to ride around the block for about 30 minutes. Granted, it's just a half-mile all the way around, but I had a blast.

All this talk about "too big" or what size was quickly erased. It's perfect.

More to come...

GH
  2. cdwise

cdwise Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Congratulations, may you enjoy the ride.
  3. cbolling

cbolling Here...Hold my Beer.

Oddometer:
    Congrats on the new ride.

250 right?
  4. GREY.HOUND

Oddometer:
    Yes, the 250. And now for some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    I see you got the faster and better looking blue model:D
  6. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Blue is the "only" color for a Sports City though I'd suggest getting a real windshield. It makes a huge difference.
  7. GREY.HOUND

Oddometer:
    Yeah, there was a silver one at the dealer but I definitely liked the blue better. Quick reminder please, how accurate are the fuel guage and speedo? I've read before but can't remember.

It's supposed to be very cool this weekend, but none-the-less, as long as it's not rainy I'll get some saddle time in.
  8. klaviator

klaviator Scooter Trash Supporter

Oddometer:
    Speedo reads at least 10% high. Fuel gauge doesn't even move until it burns off around a gallon. It's pretty linear after that.

Enjoy your ride this weekend.
  9. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Use a GPS to find out how optimistic your speedo is. Ours is about 8% but one of the BVs on the other hand is 3mph under 50 mph and 5 mph over 50.

When the light goes on you have 20-30 miles left. Once the speedo gets below 1/2 its pretty accurate but like many cars it stays high for longer than it should then takes a biggish drop.
  10. emmettken

emmettken Long timer

Oddometer:
    :thumb Nice!
  11. ScootTour

ScootTour Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks just like mine, and for the record I know of 3 other people with same make and year in Houston. Its a solid bike

oh and for me its my only transportation.
  12. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Looks great- I'm sure you'll be pleased with it. Be safe.
  13. JerryH

JerryH Vintage scooter/motorcycle enthusiast Supporter

Oddometer:
    Very nice. Doesn't look much bigger than the Honda SH150i, and probably didn't cost anymore. My only concern is that it might be too small for the freeways, but I guess that depends on the freeway. Since you live in CA, you should be able to ride it all winter. I live in AZ, and winter, what there is of it, IS the riding season. Way to hot to ride in the summer. Enjoy it.
  14. GREY.HOUND

Oddometer:
    Ha! got out a little today to give it a go some more. Darn speedo, took me awhile to figure out why everyone was "speeding". Kph on the speedometer; mph on the inside in smaller numbers, lol.

So far so good.
    Thanks for the replies and kind words everyone.

btw, it was low 40's this morning after a light rain overnight. Very brisk. I need warmer gloves and also went out and bought some long johns. TMI right?
  15. Dabears

Dabears Long Timer

Oddometer:
    Rather than long johns, which can be a hassle when you get back indoors, consider some mesh or textile overpants- Since your weather is moderate- the mesh may be more than enough to take the chill off-

I have the Olympia mesh, and because they have armor in the knees they keep you warm- i'm ridden them in 25 degree weather and did fine...30 seconds to put on or remove, so great for commuting.
  16. Tromper

Tromper Sagaciously Annoying Supporter

Oddometer:
    In Pugetopolis I've been running with mesh pants or jeans with froggtoggs along for the ride if it gets nippy, they just take the wind off pretty much but that's generally enough for the sub hour rides long as the water is still liquid.

If going longer then longjohns are definitly a bonus. I recommend the smartwool ones if you can swallow the cost on 'em.
  17. scootertooter

scootertooter Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    +1 on overpants, or actual motorcycle pants with removable liners.
  18. GREY.HOUND

Oddometer:
    I see cycle gear has some waterproof pants with a liner on sale for $90, I just figured I'd spend a few bucks at Target for the time being.

Also, I found out today that my tires were way underinflated. 18 front and 11 rear. I didn't check them when I got it since I figured the dealer would have done that. I noticed yesterday when I started going faster than 40 the ride was kind of funny.
  19. cdwise

Oddometer:
    Its fine on the freeways, well it is if you get a windscreen otherwise you get a lot of buffeting. My husband rode ours out from Colorado to California last year so my son would have it at university. Topped out at 85-88 on I-15 coming down from Las Vegas to San Diego with temps in the 110f range.

It has been my son's only transport out there. It has also been the transport of choice in Houston for my brother's fiance. If she doesn't have to take her daughter with her on the scoot she hops instead of the SUV to carry around the 3 year old. Oh, and she keeps up on the freeway with my brother on his BMW 1200R (as long as he keeps it under 85 anyway) on the freeway.
  20. GREY.HOUND

Oddometer:
    Yeah, the windscreen in on my list. Puig right? I noticed at about 45, maybe 50 mph it gets very noticable.