Rockies regional randomness

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by Geek, Sep 30, 2009.

1. singletrackslayer

singletrackslayer Legalize singletrack

Oddometer:
    yep. they did a lot of street laps during fibark.
  2. enduro-ince

enduro-ince dirtslave

Oddometer:
    Yeah, bummer about Booger. :cry I'm sure Greg is crushed right now.
  3. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    A review of the LVL 10 Gaming Mouse - by Geek on ADV.

Now listen here son... there are only two things from Texas... steers and ..
    oops.. wrong opening.

There are two things most of us have in common on ADV...

1) we ride motorbikes
    2) we use a computer mouse to navigate this website

Isn't it time you upgraded to a man's computer mouse and get over that little plastic thing you've been using? You ain't gonna ride an XR100 your whole life are ya?

Level 10 Gaming Mouse
    designed by... wait for it... BMW group (yes really) :rofl

Features:

Well... before you take this man's mouse for a run you better set up your suspension. No worries it comes with the required tools.

First you have to set yer static sag:
    [​IMG]

Just like on your motorbike you can raise the rear
    [​IMG]

...or dial some out and lower the rear.
    [​IMG]

Now we've done that.. time to set some rebound and compression. You wouldn't ride your motorcycle without setting up such things right?

it goes this way...
    [​IMG]

...and that way....
    [​IMG]

ok... at this point you've already adjusted more things than the average KLR rider.

Now.. time to move on to the fuel injection system... making sure the motor is running just how you like it.

[​IMG]

oh yeah.. did you notice the box in the top left corner? Yup.. not only can you turn up the polling rate, the DPI, the speeds, etc - but you can do them INDEPENDENTLY for both X and Y axis... so if your KTM spit you over the handlebars last week and f'd up your wrist.. you can adjust it to compensate for the limited mobility your cast is causing. This ain't no little girls mouse.

It ain't your granny's mouse either.

On the left side you have not one.. not two.. but 3 buttons AND the closest one is actually a 4 way adjustable pot. A couple of clicks reward on that pot and you've just turned this beast up to 5000dpi. Think you can handle 5000dpi? Not if you are PUI you won't.
    [​IMG]

Throw in a couple more on the other side and you are going to have to be on your A game just to remember what all this sh*t does.
    [​IMG]

The Control Panel has more graphics than Pic a Day (although not as many as Flug has motocross pics ).
    [​IMG]

Oh Snap! Your wallpaper just changed to a green one? Don't panic like Brad Felemy just did... you are a couple of clicks away from keeping your mouse color-coordinated.
    [​IMG]

Speaking of PUI...

PUI? No worries. They light up the important part so you know where to click when you can't see straight and are fixin' to type "Nuke this.. my mistake".
    There's even a lit-up adjustable scroll wheel so you can spin that sucker down and just try and keep up with the new posts in PUAC as they appear.

[​IMG]

Now if you'll excuse me.. I just set my mouse to army green and I'm going to head into the World of Tanks thread in Shiny Things and kick some ass...

[​IMG]

p.s. *tic* :freaky
  4. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    Leigh: this one is corded too. although the cord is some sort of super subtle parachute cord
  5. SnowMule

SnowMule still learning what is and isn't edible Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a touchpad. :dunno
  6. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    the 310's seat came back from Seat Concepts today...they sure do a nice job for a reasonable price.

should be back with fresh boingers next week
  7. jjustj

jjustj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Back in Colorado. Cedaredge or delta or.....
  8. thump_co

thump_co ..ouch

Oddometer:
    meh, too easy.. obviously has a riding buddy on a KLR.
  9. Wentjo

Wentjo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blakebird
    the 310's seat came back from Seat Concepts today...they sure do a nice job for a reasonable price.

My seat came last Tuesday. :clap Rode about 80 miles Wednesday to test it out, best thing I put on my bike by far!
  10. StmbtDave

StmbtDave AKA Invisible Dave

Oddometer:
    The LED's should draw less than the stock light. Why the needed upgrade or is it an AC/DC issue?
  11. singletrackslayer

Oddometer:
    I did just here about a 990 for sale in moab with a winch. Test ride?
  12. singletrackslayer

Oddometer:
    "They couldn't find a good anchorpoint for the crux move. Luckily, Geek was nearby"
  13. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    My new Enduro Engineering tall seat came in yesterday for the KTM; installed it last nite and rode the bike to work today, HUGE improvementover the stock seat!! :thumb
  14. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    My first aftermarket KTM seat was an SDG for the '01 520 MXC, and I'm not sure it was much of an improvement at all.
    Still rock hard, still narrow... the best was a Guts Racing that Saul put on the 525.

That long Mt. Withington loop down there about did me in on the stock 310 seat.... then I had the bonus of riding Mark's Sherco and it's plush suspension and Renazco seat. I didn't want to swap back :D
    First thing I did when I got back was send my seat off and took the bike to his suspension guy... :lol3

I finally got around to putting the petcocks, fuel pump, and bypass valve (two large openings on the tank aside from the two petcocks) on the IMS tank.
    When I went to slosh test for weeps....there was no IMS cap - never missed it being gone until I realized just now the stock tank (Acerbis) has a different diameter opening than the IMS. :shog
    So I sent JGT an email asking for a cap.
  15. MartiniUp

MartiniUp Long timer

Oddometer:
    And that suspension guy is ???
  16. Blakebird

Oddometer:
  17. _Magoo_

_Magoo_ master of disaster....

Oddometer:
    Blake, are you heading down south next weekend? :ear
  18. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    The 310 won't be back together in time. :cry I thought about riding the Guzzi down - but it looks like I can't do another long weekend for the next few weeks.

I had a break in a couple of projects at work that gave me a bit of a break recently...but there's another perfect storm brewing with two of them coming back from review this next week.:puke1
  19. Geek

Geek oot & aboot

Oddometer:
    The sprinter got a side exhaust today. :D

[​IMG]
  20. shearboy2004

shearboy2004 KIWIINUSA Supporter

Oddometer:
    I believe i booked a room down there for next weekend !