1. DavidBanner

DavidBanner Banned

Oddometer:
    So...does this mean we have some takers?
  2. hitmanlol

hitmanlol Cotor Myclist

Oddometer:
  3. ESPRider

ESPRider Say what again...

Oddometer:
    Oakwood beach and tottenville need help.
    I have a car and can meet you by the ferry to move stuff.

they need hot food, jackets, and volunteers to help clean their houses especially the elderly. bring masks and gloves of that's your intention.

email me at my handle at gmail
  4. LusterBroil

LusterBroil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It's definitely needed- We just dropped a load of supplies off in Rockaway.
    People were asking for more flashlights, batteries, water, baby needs, candles, pet food, toilet paper, flashlights, flashlights, flashlights. Blankets too. Clothing was secondary to these things.

There was a large collection point in Broad Channel too.
  5. rthuey

rthuey twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer:
    insanity is not as easy as i make it look
    how was the trip out there? as far as accessibility.

tomorrow due to the amount of stuff we gathered in addition to a hand carry via staten island ferry, a bicycle brigade of 15 bikes with trailers, i am also taking a trip out there with a 15' box truck. i have a 24 hour rental on the truck and am willing to take a trip out to the rockaways late afternoon if i had stuff to take and can get there by truck. checking twitter feeds and other social channels to see if i can find the goods. donations to cover fuel appreciated if additional trips happen.
  6. LusterBroil

LusterBroil Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Getting out there was no problem. Bridges open, no tolls. light traffic. We took the Cross Bay through Broad Channel, it was little slow through the town because of debris.
    This is the site where we got information on pick up locations and drop off points. https://astoria.recovers.org/

The truck would be a huge help in getting stuff out there.
  7. cantseejack

cantseejack woop woop

Oddometer:
    Well, no luck with the armory situation.

I have a car and would be willing to make a run into Rockaway or SI tomorrow, but no fuel.

EDIT: Is there gas on the CT border?
  8. z0ne

z0ne ~santoku samuri~

Oddometer:
    I did! I went to central NJ to visit my parents who have a generator and help out. It was SO cool driving through the tunnel. Maybe it was sheer luck or the time of day but there was NO ONE in my lane from one end to the other. WOT in 3rd gear = :D

I'm glad everyone is okay. My area was, like, the last area in Manhattan to get power back. I'm on 33rd St and they had restored 31st & south and 39th & north. Very frustrating.
  9. TengaiJohn

TengaiJohn Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The gas stations on the Palisades pkwy were open since Friday ( right off the GWB). Most gas stations are open by me, just long lines (30 to 60 min wait).

Ii heard Norwalk had gas and Westchestee (not much waiting).
  10. devo2002

devo2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I waited 45 minutes for gas yesterday, there were lines in Ardsley and Elmsford, also 30 to 60 minutes. Forget about Yonkers, and I heard it was a 10 block wait yesterday at places in the Bronx. Police is about directing traffic around the large lines, just call before you go.
  11. DavidBanner

DavidBanner Banned

Oddometer:
    CT has plenty of gas.
  12. nick2ny

nick2ny Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm in line in Crown Heights on Bedford Avenue. Bring a gas can and I'll fill it up for you. Limit 2 cans total, so let me know...

-Nick

nine wun seben, seben oh fife, KNOB.
  13. devo2002

devo2002 Long timer

Oddometer:
    They deducted more money from my paycheck, now up to $350 if anyone is interested.
  14. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Just any FYI, gas lines are back to normal on the Palisades Parkway by the GWB (7am).
  15. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gas lines, you mean?

I figure, after today I'll either have to take the train until the gas situation works itself out, or start siphoning the gas from the car. :bluduh
  16. macutan

macutan Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey guys,

On the back of the storm I have started to commute by moto to city. While I was able to park with no problem (ie.: fines) in front of our offices in Bryant Park last week (commercial mettered parking area), I do not think I will be as lucky this week as things seem, somehow, back to normal around here.

Any area that you guys recommend I could leave my moto around here?

Thx
  17. hitmanlol

hitmanlol Cotor Myclist

Oddometer:
    That's not legal parking. I park on 44 bet 9+10. I think there's legal stuff on the east side - check www.primospot.com
  18. TengaiJohn

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the info!!! :clap:clap:clap

I am planning on heading over tomorrow morning and helping with delivering supplies to the Rockaways along with driving a few volunteers.

Thanks again!!!
  19. Ravyn

Ravyn nubblies need to die!

Oddometer:
    :roflI'm in the same boat.
    Thank goodness for my bicycle :D
  20. ebbanflood

ebbanflood Riff Raff Supporter

Oddometer:
    This is the first time that I had a few minutes to check in. Thank you to all that are helping out. I am in Breezy Point and it is apocalyptic. The house is trashed, lost my wife's car my daughters car my truck and my motorcycle. I am fortunate to have my camper to live in and am doing better than most. A million thanks for helping out.