XRL owners sign in.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by onaXR, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Looks like you forgot to put the clutch arm in the stator. Off comes the stator...

No you can't just shove it in there.
  2. fritzcoinc

fritzcoinc Enjoying my last V8 Supporter

Oddometer:
    add cover.... fixed
  3. watrboy

watrboy Been here awhile Super Supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
  4. aksinha88

aksinha88 YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    Great eye Steve! :clap I actually noticed it as soon as I posted the picture. Luckily I had just put it together so the case came apart pretty clean and managed to get the clutch arm hooked up. I guess this is how you learn huh? hahaha
  5. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice save. :clap
  6. Mero

Mero Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  7. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:
    I believe around 350lbs. ive used em, they come in handy for the situation you're talking about
  8. aksinha88

aksinha88 YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    I weighed mine in at 360lbs with a 4 gallon full tank. I do use a bike carrier on the back of my SUV with a tounge weight limit fo 350lbs. Usually just take the gas tank off or dont top it off when i know ill be hauling it.
  9. aksinha88

aksinha88 YETI ADV RIDER

Oddometer:
    Btw, Steve, Any tips or direction towards cleaning the needle bearing in the linkage and swing arm? Can they be pulled out with basic tools and just cleaned like the average needle bearings?
  10. mcma111

mcma111 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I can't remember. The bearings on my YZ's and CRF's all have rollers that I can pop out and clean, re-grease. I'm not sure on the XRL wither you can get the rollers to come out and repack the bearing.

Memory is not working to good right now. The drinking lamp has been lit for a while... :freaky
  11. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    ATF is thin and isn`t a multi grade oil....does not have as much poylmer strands (if any)....

What do you think makes a multi grade oil a multi grade oil........

The wider the spread,the more polymer contained in the oil,,not rocket science Fritz,do some reading....

Straight cut gears shear the polymer strands........i`m not makling this shit up:lol3

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/effects-of-shearing/ read the conclusion.........

B
  12. purpledrake

purpledrake No Pretensions

Oddometer:
    MarlinJames, you should contact SuperSamurai here. He made his own trailer hitch carrier, which can carry his XRL. He is just up the road from you. Super nice guy--I am sure that he would give you answers to your questions.
  13. ThumpnRed

ThumpnRed Pig Wrangler

Oddometer:
    They weigh about 450-500 pounds when you get them off the trail. It's similar to multi-viscosity oil:lol3 It weighs 350 one minute and then 500 the next! I am sure it has something to do with polymer strands.:deal Oh... and the CG also is much higher when you get one of them off the trail. I think it has something to do with the rider's feet not being on the pegs. :evil
  14. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    unless you are in texas.......then you`re good........

B
  15. absoluteclint

absoluteclint Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I was really hesitant about using a hitch mounted carrier but a few weeks ago I borrowed my friend's MX Hauler for a weekend... My hesitancy was quickly put to rest! It performed exceptionally well all weekend!

My truck is a 98 TRD Tacoma with a (heavy) fiberglass camper shell... In addition to my XRL mounted on the MX Hauler, the truck was loaded with camping gear and firewood... The rear of my truck sagged a little but not bad. My bike was very stable on the mount... Virtually no wiggle or shake when driving. The MX Hauler is strong and built very well. Once I got rolling down the road I didn't even know the bike was back there... Didn't really affect my truck's ability to accelerate on the highway. The only negative I encountered was having to be extra careful when pulling into a sloped driveway/parking lot. The MX Hauler does a good job of lifting the bike pretty high but there is still a serious risk of scraping the front or rear wheel of the bike. Also... the cost of this carrier is a little outrageous.

I would consider purchasing one of these used or at a discounted price... but not for $400. I would also consider stiffening the springs in my truck for a little sag reinforcement.

http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...lack?ref=gmc&gclid=CKm-u7u4nrcCFZJj7AodtBEA3Q

Another similar style hitch mounted carrier made by a fellow inmate (I think?)
    http://www.moto-mule.com/carriers.html
  16. kenny61

kenny61 old and crippled

Oddometer:

Texas being the lowest state to the equator has a lower COG than any other state. Now some may argue but due to FL being on the edge vs center of the United States centrifical force and curvature of the earth keeps it from actually being so
  17. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:
    Are you high?
  18. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:
    :rofl

B
  19. techforlife

techforlife CDI REPAIR

Oddometer:

Yup........New Brunswick is higher up than Texas.......

Next question please.......

:freaky

B
  20. fritzcoinc

Oddometer:
    You know, I try to bestow upon you slap dicks the gift of my vast knowledge and look what I get? The biggest bunch of unadulterated bullshit EVER seen.

OK, I was wrong, there I said it, about the damping in the compression and compression directions. But this CG thing, and this oil thing, you guys should be seeking my vast expertise on these subjects.

Seriously. Seriously?