New Pelican-based Luggage System

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by CaribouCases, Oct 28, 2005.

1. CaptTurbo

CaptTurbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hello, I bought your side cases system for my R1150 GS several years ago, well, actually when you first started selling them. I'm interested in possibly getting the 40L top box now for a long ride I plan to do soon and I'm wondering if the box is big enough to secure a full face helmet in it? I need to know soon if I will have time to get it here and installed before I leave. Thanks. Neville.
  2. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Adventure Rider & Aftermarket Systems Manufacturer
    Our 40L top case does not fit a helmet. Thank you.
  3. CaptTurbo

CaptTurbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for getting back to me. Well, it was just a thought. I will not buy a hard top case that will not secure my helmet. Just a thought that you might consider for sales. I'm sure that I'm not alone in this line of thought. Hell, my cheap JC Whitney medium that I have on another bike holds a helmet. Hate to mount that with my nice Pelicans though.

Anyway, maybe I will order the rack mount alone and work something out. Can you tell me if the top box rack mount is compatible with your early side mounts for the Pelican cases that I already bought fom you? Thanks. Neville.
  4. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hi Neville,

The top case latch hardware is different from the side case hardware.
  5. R_W

R_W wannabe

Oddometer:
    Many people agree with you. It isn't that Roger hasn't looked at it, too, but there isn't a suitable Pelican or Storm case to work with. The Pelican 340 cube weighs 24 pounds empty :eek1
  6. BlueBlazerIrregular

BlueBlazerIrregular Bike Punk

Oddometer:
    Do you know what would be the appropriate option for side luggage for my 2004 rockster? Wondering if the r1150gs set-up would fit my bike....

Thanks.
  7. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    The R1150GS system would not fit the Rockster. I don't know of any rack for this bike other than the BMW products.
  8. 2wheelsgone

2wheelsgone Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hello, I have come across a set of your 35 liter (1550) cases recently and I would like to purchase a set of your mounting racks for my 1995 R1100GS. I believe your website says there is a 6 week waiting list for this item. Is this correct or can I get this rack sooner? Thanks.
  9. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    If they are indeed our cases that have our brackets on them (or are at least drilled for our brackets) then no problem, we have the racks in stock. Please send and email to roger@cariboucases.com and we'll take it from there. Thank you.

BTW - The 6-week delivery time only applies to certain Hepco Becker racks that we sell, usually the older model bikes.
  10. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Here is a fantastic example of our 36 Liter cases with our ALS mount system on a Hepco Becker rack courtesy of Dave U and his Ducati Multi Strada.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The whole kit, Cases, ALS Mounts, Hepco Becker racks is available from www.cariboucases.com. One stop shop. We put a lot of effort into the customer service part of the business, and many of you know how important this is when getting the Hepco Becker products out of Germany, through the distributor in CA, and into your hands. We recently added Hepco Becker crash bars and engine guards to our product line, so you can get these from www.cariboucases.com too.

Thank you Dave for the pics, that is one very nice looking bike:wink:
  11. ullmsie

ullmsie Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Heyyyyy. That's my bike.

Thanks to Roger for his great service and great product. You won't be disappointed.

[​IMG]
  12. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    Has someone used the standard Caribou racks on an F800GS together with a Givi topcase before? Does it work?
  13. Gany

Gany Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Short answer is no. Givi cases have a different latching system (the plate it latches to is perpendicular to the face the case is mounted to), whereas the caribou ones are parallel. You'll see this if you compare the caribou plate to a givi top plate.
  14. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    I know that the Givi top plate is different from the Caribou one. I'm still planning my luggage system and the idea was:

- have the original Caribou luggage rack and the 36l cases
    - DON'T use the Caribou top case plate
    - install a Givi top case plate and a Givi top case

The reasoning behind that is:

- no top case for travelling
    - no side cases for commute
    - Givi top case fits two helmets

I just got the F800GS and I want to use it as an "all around tool", meaning, commute, travel, ... so I want as much flexibility as possible.
  15. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    You can add a Givi top plate and case up there, but you may need some spacers and longer bolts to allow for our upper cross brace.

-rog
  16. andmoon

andmoon Long timer

Oddometer:
    Any plans for the dr650?
  17. CaribouCases

CaribouCases Boulder CO

Oddometer:
    Sorry, no plans for this bike.
  18. Ogribike

Ogribike Vagabond

Oddometer:
    2008 Adventure

[​IMG]
  19. PirateT7

PirateT7 gone.

Oddometer:
    have there been any attempts (preferably successful) at mounting on a Yamaha FZ-6?
  20. taki5

taki5 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    i assume youre talking about Pelican cases...for my fz6, i have purchased a used givi sidecase rack, and plan on bolting the Pelicans to the rack directly. they wont be quick release, but then again, i dont have a need to take them off quickly.

i havent installed them yet though, not sure when i will.