Husqvarna TE-610 Owners Sign In Thread.

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by buffallodan, Aug 3, 2006.

1. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. Xfool

Xfool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks buffallodan for putting all this great info together. :thumb

The stock TE610 carb comes with a blank leak jet on the accelerator pump, i.e. the leak jet is closed off and any imperceptible bump of the throttle results in the accelerator pump squirting fuel into the carb. That results in the bike lurching forward and becomes really annoying when stuck in first gear on a tight trail.

I tried to tune that out by modifying the throttle cam, that partially works but the real fix is to put a leak jet on the accelerator pump IMO. There is an excellent discussion by Clark Mason over at Thumpertalk on all of the different methods to tune the accelerator pump and after reading that I became convinced the leak jet is the best way.

The leak jet bleeds a small amount of the accelerator pump fuel shot back into the carburetor bowl. So when you whack the throttle open some of the fuel goes through the leak jet and the rest into the carburetor. Changing leak jet size allows you to tune the pump shot duration.

The other thing the leak jet does is bleed off small little bumps on the accelerator pump. So when you are rattling along a rough trail and bumping the throttle 1/32 of a turn or less the fuel takes the path of least resistance through the leak jet instead of the longer path into the carburetor port. Works for me anyway.

I tried the 60 jet TE510 riders were recommending and thought that was a little to big for the TE610 with stock jetting. I have been using a 50 jet for several months now and am pretty happy but I am looking forward to some feed back from the real tuners here.

SUDCO P/N 019-750 $8.80 US
  3. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the compliments Xfool,

What is your current jetting and environment? Also have you gone with AM exaust or other mods? TIA

Dan

Throttle cam:
    I was getting bad lurching on tight trails and didn't want to rejet until I decided on whether or not to get an exaust. Not sure if jetting needs to be changed when keeping stock exaust...
  4. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well my bike had been really harsh on the trails and I finally attempted to experiment with the damping. I decreased compression damping front and rear and increased rebound damping and I must say there was a huge improvement. I could still need lighterer springs but will wait and see how the damping has improved the bike on the trail next time out...
  5. Xfool

Xfool Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey buffallodan: Did you back off the high speed damping on the rear shock a couple of clicks? That makes a huge difference in my bikes ride. My suspension packs if I go much above the stock rebound settings, watch out for that. Check out this mx-tech guide for some tips on setting the clickers….

Current jetting: Stock jets, stock needle, stock clip position, stock air box, stock exhaust. BTW the exhaust does not have a California USFS stamp on it which can get you harassed by rangers here.

Mods: Fuel screw 1/8 turn out, 50 leak jet. Considering a longer fuel screw to allow adjustments on the trail.

Environment: 25 to 110 degrees, sea level to 9,000 ft, bone dry to thick fog. It’s a dual sport and has to run everywhere!!!! High altitude requires some cranking on the idle screw. A little lean at sea level, fat at altitude….. just about right IMO.
  6. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    WOW... I just KNEW there was a reason to lurk on this thread. I'm in New B and that is a great tip! thx
    z

7. Zapp22

Zapp22 ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer:
    can someone summarize for me the diffs between the SM and TE 610 models? i see the obvious: paint and wheels.... what else?

z
  8. Hoder

Hoder Card carrying greeny

Oddometer:
    I'm still waiting on the bar ends but they were pretty easy to bend. Maybe yours are better aluminum than mine or I'm just :gdog

I just did another awsome ride last weekend (431 miles with about 300 off road) & don't have all the pics up yet but you can see the report here.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170897
    Once again the Husky proved to be the best bike for the job :clap

On another note, I was at REI the other day & saw they had some really nice bicycle panniers. Waterproof, clip on & off, $150 a set. I thought to myself Hmmm......... All I need to do is buy a bike rack & have someone widen it & attach it to the rear rack. I already have a set of panniers I've never used for my Schwinn touring bike. I post some pics when I get it done & give 'em the power line test. Here's the Novara bags and a link to about a bazillion more: http://www.mikebentley.com/bike/panniers.htm
  9. louie rides a 640 ad

louie rides a 640 ad captain spaulding

Oddometer:
    just a quick pic of my husky 610 in super-moto trim.its onlt kick start and its one b#### to start.but once she starts,you gotta hold on tight:grim
  10. Hoder

Oddometer:
    It's too quick to see, can you make it a little less quick :lol3
  11. louie rides a 640 ad

Oddometer:
    wont let me up-load its,its that quick ha ha......gutted..
  12. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Send me the pic and I will host it for you, dpeffer at gmail dot com

Dan
  13. louie rides a 640 ad

Oddometer:
    sent you 3 pics,hope you get em....
  14. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Louie' ride...
  15. Hoder

Oddometer:
    cool! Has anyone ever told you that thing looks like a spider from the front?
  16. yogavnture

yogavnture yogavnture

Oddometer:
    ive had my bike for a few months now. im not a mechanic. havent had a bike since my xr500 when i was in high school 1979.

the control panel quit on me and i hear the husky company is getting me a new one..........still, for a new bike shouldnt they make sure it works at the factory?

one thing i notice about motorcycles versus bicycles is with motorcycles you dont get much help

i dont know which oil to use. the manual says 10 60 and if i dont use it my warranty is invalid.........but you cant buy 10 60 in usa!
    i think i will use full syn. motul 15-50 i guess.

had my first flat tire and wobbled to motor shop where they ripped me off for a on/off road tire that wore down after a very short ride.....i think the metzeler karoo is the best compromise on/off road tire.
    im tempted to buy the continental tkc-80 though.....

i do on road riding as well as renegade gravel road riding at 65 mph.

wish i could get some support from husqvarna or my dealer but they wont help. this is what i hear about husky that the support isnt thier.
    wondering if ktm is better? at this .

yoga
  17. Chadleys1

Chadleys1 working on it

Oddometer:
    -LOVING the TKC 80's on my 06 TE610.
  18. Ruffus

Ruffus Dirty Old Mudder

Oddometer:
    What kind of support are you looking for, didn't you just say that Husky is getting you a new console??? is there anything else wrong?
    P'S' if you do a search for Agip, the motor oil recomended by Husky, there is a US dealer, just buy a case of it & you are set for about a year or more. (depending on mileage)
    Good luck :thumb
  19. buffallodan

buffallodan Long timer

Oddometer:
    They gotta be better than the Scorpians on anything other than pavement. I liked the Pirellis but swapped them out early for knobbies. Going to spoon them back on for some fall slab rides though... Are you running TKC on front as well, if so have you done any mud yet?

Dan
  20. Hoder

Oddometer:
    What were the exact symptoms of your computer? If it's any help I've been able to fix 2 problems:
    1. The computer displays a couple of characters or only part of the display works (maybe some of the idiot lights flash). - With the ignition off disconnect the battery & re-connect it. It seems like shutting off the iginition should cut the power to the computer but that's obviously not the case.

2. Upon turning on the ignition the computer goes thru it's self check then goes blank. - With the ignition on press the mode button. The computer should reset fine.

If your dealer doesn't sell 10-60 find another one or order it on line. The local HonZukTM dealer here sells Motorex 10-60.