Today's craigslist finds......

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by 309, Jul 21, 2005.

1. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    looks like a xs1100s or special, different gas tank and wheels...
  2. Blakebird

Blakebird r - u - n - n - o - f - t

Oddometer:
    It's a Special
  3. Hair

Hair I am on my way.

Oddometer:
    But is it the Special of the day?
  4. VxZeroKnots

VxZeroKnots Long timer

Oddometer:
    I know, just adding a little info the op left out. As it does make a slight difference to some, especially parts ordering for one or the other. I had one, functionally they should be about the same... but too bad it isn't a xs1100 standard that would be a deal for me. It will still go forever and looks like it doesn't need anything, it would be a good bike for someone
  5. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    I like the XS1100 'standard' too, the lines are timeless and tasteful. Same with the original XS750 triple (vs. the Specials).

A riding buddy in Vegas had three 1100's, two were essentially parts bike to keep the nice one running - they were all tired and had seen many miles and below average care....so they were in the beater category to me.

Still pretty strong though. I rode his once out in the SoCal desert and the spindly fork tubes were a little sketchy - but it was a solid bike

==============
    http://cosprings.craigslist.org/mcy/3857264295.html
    YAMAHA XS11 1979 MOTORCYCLE 1100cc 4cyl - $2000 (Pueblo)

[​IMG]

I have to sell this great motorcycle to help pay for college and a wedding.
    I'll be sad to let it go, but I have to sell my Yamaha and my old 4x4 ford.

It's perfect twin sister just sold May 18th in Chicago on ebay for $7,700.00
    with 11 bidders and 31 bids. I know that is Chicago and I know that is ebay,
    still that's significant value for someone's almost perfect 34 year old bike.

All the old bikes I looked at had the same old problem - bad carburetors.
    After more than 20 years, the rubber diaphragms inside the carbs got holes
    and cracks.
    They really couldn't run right no matter what you did. So, I
    invested $400 ($100 each) in having theYamaha's stock carbs rebuilt with new diaphragms.
    The bike is all set for the next 20.

This 34 year old classic isn't perfect, but from 3 feet away she looks every bit
    as good as the one on ebay - same stock burgundy color with gold pinstripes,
    same perfect seat, and same brilliant chrome.
    And, this Yamaha runs incredibly strong and amazing with four cylinders, 1101cc, and 95HP.

Didn't get the original owner's manual or tool kit.
  6. picard

picard engage!

Oddometer:
    If these just did not have that ugly, square, headlight.
  7. HighFructose

HighFructose Banned

Oddometer:
  8. Hair

Hair I am on my way.

Oddometer:
    Nice hurley davison motociecle 4700$$ obo

[​IMG]

Nice hurley danvison motorcicle for sale , low miles 4700$$ or make me an offer please contact jose at 575 4180145. Here in alb nm. Thanks.:-)

Looks like Jose :jose has a bike for sale. :dunno

link

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/3897940032.html
  9. Powderaddict

Powderaddict Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  10. Hair

Hair I am on my way.

Oddometer:
    White Rock Lemon Lot.

Very newish looking 2002 Honda 919. Asphalt black. Not a mark on it. 4000 miles. He is asking $3400.00

If interested call my cell. I will go take some photos and send them to you.
    505 412 8961
  11. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    That is a good deal. Would have to seriously consider buying it if I were in Colorado now.
  12. Paulzilla

Paulzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I found this on the Denver Craig's List.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3895309281.html

Any one local to the bike that might know about it or the seller?
    Here's the ad:

Hi
    I am posting this add for a 2008 Super Duke 990 R w/4300 miles on it I just put brand New tire on it. Excellent condition bought it brand new from dealership for 15,999 New. It has been covered and in storage 99% of time I am selling because I just recently lost my job in the oil business and need money to pay rent. I am extremely motivated to sell. My loss is your gain. No Joy rides must have Motorcycle endorsement and serious buyers only. There were only 800 of these bike made in 2008 so if your looking for a great fast bike you'll really like this on. The bike is being kept in Aurora I currently live in city park downtown.

Thanks Chris
    720-207-3884
  13. TimothyCaseTimothy

TimothyCaseTimothy Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Chris,

I'll shoot ya a PM. I live in Denver (in the same neighborhood as the seller, but don't know him or the bike) and could go check it out for you on Sunday afternoon if you want...

Heck, I could ride it out to ya too...I used to live in St. Paul...

Tim
  14. Paulzilla

Paulzilla Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'm Paul, the seller is Chris.

I just got off the phone with Chris, and he's selling it for a friend. So I would love it if someone local could check this out. I sold my 950 SM and can't find a Super Duke here in St. Paul. I bought the SM in Idaho and road it back to St. Paul, so I'm thinking riding a Super Duke from Denver to St. Paul is a good idea.
  15. rat734

rat734 Michael 3 Lives

Oddometer:
    Not Mine

CLsanta fe all for sale / wanted motorcycles/scooters - by owner</HEADER><SECTION class=body><SECTION class=dateReplyBar><BUTTON style="DISPLAY: inline-block" class=reply_button>Reply</BUTTON>Reply to: r5hcn-3898344817@sale.craigslist.org<SUP> [?]</SUP>

<ASIDE class=flags>flag <SUP>[?]</SUP> : miscategorized prohibited spam best of</ASIDE>
    Posted: <DATE title=1372342431000>2013-06-27, 8:13AM MDT</DATE>
    </SECTION>1966 BMW with 1951 Sidecar - $20000 (Gallup)

<SECTION class=userbody><FIGURE class=iw>[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </FIGURE><SECTION id=postingbody>This is a 600 cc 1966 BMW paired with an original 1951 Steib sidecar. After researching the price, I found a 500cc bike paired with a later model Steib that sold for 24,000$. The average price for something not as good as my bike is around 24-17k$.

The extra's my bike has is a cover for the sidecar opening, a suitcase that matches, the extra large 6 gallon gas tank. I can throw in an original BMW 1960's fairing if you so wish. There is also custom seats, and a larger oil pan. This is set up for long trips. The Steib is a touring sidecar.

The good: It kick starts within a few tries. Usually first try with correct sequence of motions. It is 100% reliable. I take it out to nature, using it more as a jeep sometimes. I use it more than my car, my jeep, or any of my modern or other vintage bikes. If temps allow, I even use it in the winter. I would not hesitate to take it to ABQ, and tomorrow I might take it to Santa Fe from Gallup on back roads.

The bad: light switch needs fixing for light to work as intended. Oil is seeping from right head, not bad, but if I was to keep the bike for this season I would look into it. Controls need tightening, and end light signals needs tightening up. Carbs needs adjusting to right alt to idle without help. New rear tire for bike (sidecar type) needed.
  16. Blakebird

Oddometer:
    http://westslope.craigslist.org/mcy/3854086848.html

2001 KTM 380 EXC
    Runs great. No mechanical problems.
    Has the usual cosmetic wear for a bike of this year.
    Chain & sprockets are in good shape, ready to ride.
    Tires are good, will throw in a sand tire and another rear knobby that is about 80%.
    No trades.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. Blakebird

Oddometer:
  18. Hair

Hair I am on my way.

Oddometer:
    I'm not sure that the head light works on the WR. Just saying. :D
  19. Blakebird