For Dads & Daughters

Discussion in 'Photos' started by dlrides, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Stinky

Stinky Team Hematoma

Oddometer:
    Daughter of Darkness says "This Rocks!" We've had some great times, whether sport touring through the west two-up, picking our way through single track, or ripping through the desert. I'm not sure either of us would have survived the teenage years without the benefit of 2 wheels. Precious times for sure. Never underestimate the life lessons riding will teach your kids.
  2. Wout67

Wout67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    great photo!!

Welcome to the board.

sorry about the taste in bikes.. She is young tho.
  3. beechum1

beechum1 Dandole Gas al Burro

Oddometer:
    I get that kiss almost every morning. Thank you all.

Thank you.
  4. Wout67

Wout67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I wrote this post last July, and I just got a glimpse of the "adult" daughter I've been dreading meeting. It was our church campout. Since she's out on summer break from school, and my wife and I both couldn't take the time off, she went with another family that we trust implicitly from the church.

That was last Wednesday.

We don't hear anything, much less see her at all until Friday night. In every time past, when there was a length of time (especially days) of not seeing each other, the reunion always involved running and "DADDY!!!!" into my arms.

I tracked her down on the campground, and walked up behind her. She turned around, saw me and said "Hi, daddy." then went back to what she was doing.

:huh Hey.. Where's my.. what about my..why didn't you.. aw, crap.

I went back to sit next to my wife looking like a kid who just dropped his ice-cream cone in a puddle. (not that there's anything wrong with my wife, you understand!!)

We left for home a couple of hours later, and the scene repeated itself the next day. And the day after that.

In talking about it with other parents at the campground, the ones that had grown kids could completely sympathize with me.

However, all the "It's completely natural"s and the "All the kids do it"s fell of deaf ears.

"But, you don't understand!! This is MY girl!"

much like PC in those clever Apple commercials, "I've come to a sad realization."

"...allow"

:cry
  5. FloridaSteve

FloridaSteve Long timer

Oddometer:
    One of the reasons I spend so much time with my daughter is the understanding that she will go her own way someday. I'm like you though. When it happens it won't "feel" natural. It'll be the hardest thing ever for me to let go of her. Even though it is natural. But hey! There always grandkids right! :lol3
  6. Wout67

Wout67 Long timer

Oddometer:
    grandkids? :huh

:shudder:
  7. haggeo

haggeo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    here's my little girl, brand new. i hope she takes an interest in cycles.

[​IMG]
  8. Tail Gunner

Tail Gunner Life is Good !!! Enjoy the Ride

Oddometer:
    Congratulation's !!! Welcome to the club of proud Dads and their daughters.

9. inire

inire Browncoat symp

Oddometer:
    Dude, look at her. Thats a race face if I've ever seen one. :D:clap

Welcome to the DadPack!
  10. Stagehand

Stagehand Imperfectionist

Oddometer:
  11. SheRidesABeemer

SheRidesABeemer Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer:
    Is that a custom 'stitch? I see that the legs are rolled up, did you just order the smallest one? I asked then several years ago if they'd do a custom kids and they said no. heck, they won't even make a ladies model. :rolleyes

12. Stan Dalone

Stan Dalone Where ever I go, there I am!

Oddometer:
    My daughter is the only true love of my life. Her mom was diagnosed with Bi_polar disorder when My punk was 7. I tried to help for a couple years, but thats a battle no one can take. After 2 years I was outta there !! Actually she went. I kept the house and my punk.
    When she was little, she was Daddys little girl and would hang out with me whenever I was home

[​IMG]

She loved to ride with me once her legs were long enough to reach the pegs. She always liked to ride on the full dresser, as it had stereos, and lots of room for her stuff.
    As she got into her teens, her life got a bit confusing with no Mom around, and we drifted apart a bit. Always daddys little girl, but there was some resentment from her, because I was the reason mom was no longer around. Well now she is 22, a grad from engineering school, heading off into her own world. I miss her humor and understanding. Its amazing how much they turn out just like us.
    Well I rode around with my buddys, but something wasnt right without her, so now I found the perfect replacement.
    My sister has a flock of youngsters, and a hubby thats a devoted bible thumper. Meaning very little time for them all. Her 4th child has a bit of an adventurist gene in her.
    So when the weekends roll around, I pick up My new buddy, and off we go.

She loves riding with me, and seems to always be whipping on me to go a little faster. :evil
    [​IMG]

Its tough sometimes, to decide who is having more fun !! :clap
    [​IMG]

And then when we get out the 4 wheeler, well the smiles just seem to be bigger and last for days.
    [​IMG]

Dave
  13. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It's a 36S, one of the discontinued Hi-Viz models. While I understand that disclosing a young lady's size is indiscrete, for reference Sarah's about 4' tall and weighs about 64 or so lbs.

[​IMG]

And yes, the suit's just rolled up. No alterations needed. :wings
  14. OldAndBusted

OldAndBusted Needs a little work...

Oddometer:
    iirc, a bmw dealer told me they will make custom kids sizes of their rallye suits, if you've got that kinda money to spend.
  15. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    C
    heck the woman's XS in your favorite gear. I bought a nice field sheer jacket for my daughter last year when she was 9. Still fits her good and has good protection and armor.

[​IMG]
  16. oregoncoast

oregoncoast Smells like Bacon

Oddometer:
    Here's a better look at the jacket. I am getting her the pants next. For now, she wears heavy denim under motocross pants and leather boots. Moving up to a full faced road helmet too.

[​IMG]
  17. DANNOj

DANNOj Long timer

Oddometer:
    Wow what a great thread.

My little sister loves to go riding with Dad. I sometimes tag along aslo. I like the comment further up the page about this having a great "family" theme. Well done.

Here are a couple of shots of Erica on a recent ride, and the link to the report.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6846337#post6846337

Cheers, Dan
  18. SheRidesABeemer

SheRidesABeemer Go Big or Go Home.

Oddometer:
    It's not really an adventure without the rain is it?

Looking fresh before hitting the road
    [​IMG]

Yeah, 500 more miles of rain to go!
    [​IMG]

My Mom takes me to the best places...waiting for the Ferry off Deer Island (NB)
    [​IMG]
  19. HellSickle

HellSickle Scone Rider

Oddometer:
    After getting back into riding a year ago, my daughter took her first spill this weekend. She caught her front wheel in a rut. She's quite proud of her bruise.

[​IMG]

Guess what brand goggles she wears? :rofl
    [​IMG]
  20. lagcam

lagcam Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My little girl (almost 21yrs!) loves to ride on the Ducati with me. This thread has done a fine job of reminding me I need to make more time for that. I asked her once if any of her guy friends have bikes, but she said no way would she ride with those squids! She acutally used that term. Good Girl.

Here is a photo of her wishing she was a foot or two taller. :D
    [​IMG]