Help with footpeg measurement

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by houlster, Jan 27, 2013.

1. houlster

houlster Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Looking for some compatible footpegs. Can someone tell me what the width of the clevis for the footpegs is on an F800GS? The inside width. Trying to figure out if I can use some aftermarket pegs made for this bike.

thx
    --Dan
  2. 3Rrr

3Rrr Read Ride Reflect recycle

Oddometer:
    There are lots of options Pivot Pegz that rotate with your foot. Others that provide same ride height but a wider stance.

I chose Precision Engineering pegs which were almost 2"x4" for a nice large stance AND have a 2" drop. This worked well with my Rox Risers to get me where I needed to be for those longer days off road. I'm 6'2" and welcomed the drop. Hasn't been an issue for clearance. Didn't miss the rubber inserts on the hwy. Not sure if the vibration dissipated over larger surface area.

If you need the full 2" drop Precision is a great option. If not Pivot Pegz are probably the way to go. Black Dog are known to be bullet proof.
  3. houlster

Oddometer:
    Sorry, but my post wasn't clear. I'm looking for the clevis width for the peg mounts. I don't have a GS, just trying to figure out if the aftermarket peg options for it will work for me.

--Dan
  4. Flashdog

Flashdog Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    The inside measurement of the footpeg mount clevis is .985". Just under an inch. I installed Pivot Pegs MK3's on my F700GS and they came with a spacer to make up the difference. Hope this helps.
  5. houlster

Oddometer:
    Yes, thanks.

--Dan