GEIGERRIG Pressurized Hydration Packs

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by GEIGERRIG, Feb 5, 2011.

1. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    I used my Rig 500 on my LA Weekend Ride for the first time and it attracted quite a bit of attention. I was the only one with "no sucking" mouth piece and I am sure fellow riders will not want to "suck" anymore, too. :rofl
    You dont know that you need/want something until you see it. That is what happened with the other riders. When one of them needed water to clean his muddy goggle, I was there to help with my Rig 500. It is not a high pressure car washer but it does the job... :thumb
    I am sure we will see many more Rigs around pretty soon...

E.S.
  2. chiba

chiba FYYFF

Oddometer:
    Any info on when the "citrus" Rig 500 will be available? You can never have too much hi-viz on a motorcycle :)

--chiba
  3. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Inbound Inventory Report:
    The RIG 500 citrus will be at retail 3 weeks from now. Inventory is on a train to our distribution center from Long Beach.

Never Suck Again!
  4. Madurbu

Madurbu Taxpayer

Oddometer:
    Just placed my order for a 500. I've been debating since last summer on a replacement for an old camelback system. The reviews I read and Bob's participation in this thread convinced me to try this.

Thanks for the special ADV offer.

Mark
  5. Toyanvil

Toyanvil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just ordered a RIG 1600 :clap Their customer support is one of the best I have seen. I plan on using it for Search & Rescue. I am on a K9 team and it looks like a great way to give the dogs water. I think you can't beat the filter system for safety, if you run out of water you can fill it from a local source. I have been using a camelback, and I have spent a small fortune replacing bladders, since I have not found a good way to really clean them. I can't wait to try cleaning the Geigerrig bladder in the dishwasher :evil
  6. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    Am I the only one that doesn't get the point?
  7. OlyRider

OlyRider Long timer

Oddometer:

No...I bet a couple of the KLR guys won't, either.:rofl

;-)
  8. Toyanvil

Toyanvil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Sadly, no. A lot of people don't carry enough water. to be able to fill your water pack from a water source and filter it, can save your live. I have seen this too many times. :cry
  9. Toyanvil

Toyanvil Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I received mine today :clap in one word WOW. Quality is outstanding. I have had a lot of packs and this one is the best.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was able to get all this in mine :evil
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  10. GB

GB . Administrator Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    Next time you're the kitchen looking for a drink of water, open the tap and imagine you had to suck the water out of the tap, instead of pressurized water coming out... same idea here..

Geigerrig's moto: NEVER SUCK AGAIN! :poser

Looks great! It holds a lot too! Which one did you get?
  11. tmotten

tmotten Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer:
    Never had problems with pressure with my camelbak. I've got a fair amount of stuff in the bag pushing the water out. Thing with hydration is that you're meant to sip small quantities often. Maybe that's why people run out of water all the time. Don't tend to run out before I run out of fuel.
  12. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    A cool image of a GEIGERRIG Hydration Engine, with in-line filter attached, being refilled at a well in Africa for on-the-go hydration and sharing. Just received these images today.
    1b.jpg
    [​IMG]
  13. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    The in-line filtration for on-the-go refill at local wells in Africa provided some cool opportunities to safely share enjoy a refreshing swig with the locals.
    8b.jpg
  14. GEIGERRIG

GEIGERRIG Adventurer

Oddometer:
    From village to village, from well to well > They Sprayed their GEIGERRIG hydration pack to drink, cool, clean (body and gear), share and filter...and at the end of the day, they turn it inside out for cleaning. Some cool GEIGERRIG pics to receive from adventures in Africa.
    ADV Rider Image.jpg
  15. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Very cool indeed :nod

I am impressed with my 1200. Just replaced the battery charger for my camera and plan to do a review in the next few days.
    I am still sorting out a couple things. Stay tuned... :lurk
  16. ewbutler

ewbutler Adventurer

Oddometer:
    another order just in!
  17. One Less Harley

One Less Harley OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer:

I'm with you on this one. I said so earlier in a post but it mysteriously disappeared???
  18. McFuryMcNugget

McFuryMcNugget me specie in dea ist

Oddometer:
    I cant wait to get this gear.
    :deal

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky:freaky
  19. Jelkie

Jelkie Beginner

Oddometer:
    Dear Bob Geiger,

I was able to establish that the geigerrig is BPA free but only by clicking on a photo and then enlarging it. There was a round seal in the bottom left corner that stated it (as well as being PVC free and something else free). I don't think you mention it in any of your videos either (at least not in the ones I saw). When you do a website update I think it would be good to make that "PBA free" etc. a bit more visible. Especially among parents BPA free is a biggie. Or it could simply be that it is on the website but I am too thick to notice it :lol3

Anyway, just some feedback that I hope you can use. The product looks awesome. Last but not least, thanks for serving in the USMC.

Cheers
  20. vnp514

vnp514 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I just called the company and got a real person first thing! No recording, no waiting, and no BS! :clap

I was told a little bit about the company and was asked to call again after I got the unit and tried it out for a bit.

I also found out you could use the larger bladder with the 500 pack if you wanted to.

A long time ago I was a Navy Corpsman. I got assigned to Camp Pendelton and worked with and for Marines. They have a Jarhead running the program here. I like that. I think the company is going places. As soon as I get my "code" from GB, I'm placing my order.

Pete