What have you done to your GS or GS Adventure today?

Discussion in 'GS Boxers' started by PWarren4, Oct 26, 2012.

1. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    Correction. Owners manual was in one of the panniers.
  2. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    :d
  3. Monsignore

Monsignore Plunger Boy Supporter

Oddometer:
    Reinstalled the adventure winglets, what a PITA!.

Then discovered a rusty, mangled contractor's screw sticking out of the rear tire. My plug kit didn't do the trick, so I took it to Rapid Performance for a $40 patch-n-plug.
  4. Spyker

Spyker Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Did a full service on my 2005 1200GS at 30 000 miles. Changed oil filter, 4 new spark plugs, air filter and all the fluids. Changed the rear brake pads and put a fresh set of Anakee 3 on.

I decided to wash the bike while I had her stripped down. Looks brand new again! :wink:
  5. LaurelPerryOnLand

LaurelPerryOnLand Long timer

Oddometer:
    This is the correct SERVICE SCHEDULE for 600, 6k and 12K:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2A3A3F4609DB3988!336&authkey=!AFn4Fntwcsj4Jww

Source: "100 THREADS all GS/GSA owners should read."
    http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=836736

104. WHERE CAN I FIND THE 600, 6K AND 12K SERVICE SCHEDULES FOR THE WATER COOLED GS?
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2A3A3F4609DB3988!336&authkey=!AFn4Fntwcsj4Jww

105. WHERE CAN I FIND THE RIDERS (OWNERS) MANUAL FOR THE WATER COOLED GS...USA VERSION?
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=2A3A3F4609DB3988!335&authkey=!AFzGBcMHvm1An6M
  6. seatec

seatec Dutch Transplant

Oddometer:
    You the man laurelperry
  7. JM

JM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Took one in for service
    [​IMG]

And rode a new one home
    [​IMG]

It was a good day!
  8. ridewv

ridewv Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I'll say, congratulations! Looks like you're planning on taking it in mud.
  9. Botch

Botch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Installed my new Touratech crash bars this morning.
    When I bought my bike I had to wait a few days because the "owner was painting the crashbars" first. I thought that was a bit odd, but soon took delivery. After going over the bike when I got home, I realized the crash bars were missing the top attachment bolts, and the whole thing was loose. It was also against the cylinder head on the left side. After scuffing the paint on one side, I then noticed the metal underneath was rusting! Not made of stainless steel, that's for sure.
    I decided to install a Touratech set. This morning I had trouble getting the old bars off, as the two halves were bolted together with a single threaded stud, and the nut was welded on. :huh I thought, well, since its not steel, maybe I can hacksaw it in two. It cut like buttah, and just before I finished the cut the two halves fell apart at the stud! :trp My engine was getting a lot of protection there, yessirree bob! :rofl If anyone recognizes these, I'd love to hear:

[​IMG]

The Touratechs went on with little effort. The only trouble I had is my spanking new metric torque wrench is calibrated in kilogram-meters, and the torque values from Touratech were in newton-meters, had to find a conversion factor and do math on a Saturday. :puke1 Sure like the stainless color (match my new Pivot Pegz too) and glad I'm now riding with "protection". :D

[​IMG]

Also got my OEM seat back from Seat Concepts, 8 day turnaround! I went with the taller GSA seat, faux carbon cover, and as soon as I hit "Send" I think I need to go try it out (75 and calm today!) :clap
  10. Botch

Botch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It certainly was! :clap
  11. QCRider

QCRider Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Looks like Wunderlich protection bars . Had them on my 08 GS before I switched to a GSA.

12. JM

JM Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I didn't see a seat in the pictures. Are you sure you got one. I think we need proof.

That, and I want to check out what a Seat Concepts tall GSA seat looks like. :lol3
  13. JimVonBaden

JimVonBaden "Cool" Aid!

Oddometer:
    Hepco and Becker bars.

[​IMG]

Jim :brow
  14. Foo'bar

Foo'bar Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Never wanted a tool box behind the right pannier but always thought about not wasting the free space. So I decided to place a 1,5 litres fuel friend can by using a self made aluminium console and a nylon strap. After 1 hrs of work all was done:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Botch

Botch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. Botch

Botch Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Wow, tough crowd. :D Here ya go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Obviously I don't have the "original" OEM seat anymore to compare it to, but I'm pretty sure the new GSA "stuffing" is a lot less dished out, ie "flatter". Went for a 3 1/2-hour ride this afternoon and I think I finally found my seat. Will be putting the Touratech Warm-Weather Tall Comfort Seat into the "Gear to Sell" forum tomorrow.
  17. Hikertrash

Hikertrash Wasted Rock Ranger

Oddometer:
    Brilliant idea :clap
  18. ridewv

ridewv Been here awhile

Oddometer:

I like the looks of that seat!
  19. MoodyGS

MoodyGS Going round the bend

Oddometer:
    Monte Nido, Santa Monica mountains, Californiay
    After taking my 2012 r1200gs BBB into the dealer ship with a slow leak where the engine + transmission meet........
    Got my bike back today one week AHEAD of their forecast.
    BMW Ventura torqued down a bolt at the rear of the engine, however the leak did not go away.
    Next job was to tear down the bike. The culprit "defective rear main seal" which was replaced under warranty:clap
    After 6.5 hours of work all is well.
    When I got the bike home I completed the oil + filter change, the second part of my 6K service task.
    Siera Nevada in hand of course.
  20. Railgunn

Railgunn Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I was having trouble finding the brake pedal due to big feet, so I searched for photos of a brake pedal extension. I found one online for about $25, and I thought, "that can't be that hard to make".[​IMG]

1 trip to the hardware store later, I made my own for $3.75, and it works like a charm! 1 stainless machine screw, two 1-1/2" fender washers (1 galvanized steel, 1 neoprene), a 1" fender washer, a locknut, and some grip tape.[​IMG]

The neoprene washer is located below the steel washer and grip tape, to interface with the teeth on the brake pedal.

[​IMG]