BayArea dirty rot bike needs to go FREE...

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by timmie415, Apr 7, 2013.

1. timmie415

timmie415 n00b poster but not rider

Oddometer:
    Good Afternoon West Coast Advriders,

Need to free up some room on the garage for the growing herd. I have a 1987 GSXR 750 that served its purpose as a city rat bike, got parked in my garage 10 years ago (when I finally got a garage) and has not been started since.

You might think I have a typo in my title, no longer is it a rat bike, it has sunken to the level of ROT. The seat was never attached to the frame, nor the gas tank. I was pulled over one time by a CHP moto cop and he could only shake his head and mutter at how amazed he was it could go that fast.

The rear brake was frozen in time until I forced it to move, broke off and is danging to the side.

The exhaust was never really on as you can see from the below photos. I tried to swap them off but the header bolts just rounded out.

No turn signals and on the last night run I did to LA my only way of gauging miles traveled and speed was a stopwatch and the I5 mile markers due to no instrument panel lights. Headlights were never very steady at highway speeds either.

Overall, not really sure why you would want this thing other than the fact it is free. Maybe you have a burning desire to put a Gixxer engine in a Go-Cart. Or a death wish and want to ride my clapped out two-wheeled monstrosity.

I do have a clear CA title on it. It has been registered non-op with DMV since parked.

Figured I would give you crazy advrider's first crack at it before I toss it to the c-list fooks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A true adventure bike for those that do not need to look pretty :rofl

Needless to say a truck and a ramp are in order to haul it away. Located high up in the hills of Daly City above the Cow Palace.

Give me a PM if you might be interested.

-tim
  2. baloneyskin daddy

baloneyskin daddy bikaholic Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Dontcha just wanna take er for one last dance.:rofl
  3. timmie415

Oddometer:
    It would be like the last slow dance with a Zombie nibbling on your ear because you thought "Hey, at least she still is hot looking..."

That and my neighbors would not be keen on me riding it to the bottom of the hill and then leaving it there...

One last ride indeed, thanks for the laugh...
  4. Qwik

Qwik Adrenaline Addict Supporter

Oddometer:
    Pm sent
  5. ColorItBlue

ColorItBlue Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hmmmm, we had a go-kart with a Yamaha TZ400 motor back in the day, ran 95mph in the quarter-mile at the Brotherhood on Terminal Island, maybe your motor in some claptrap garage monstrosity would be fun:evil
  6. timmie415

Oddometer:
    This is what I am talking about! Time and freedom to ride such a contraption are my limiting factors...

But that was the dream: a screaming motor strapped down behind a seat, a steering wheel and a prayer book...
  7. timmie415

Oddometer:
    Loaded into the back of a pick-up and headed off to its new life. It might even be transplanted into a clean chassis and live again as a motorcycle! Very cool.

-tim