S.W. Florida rides

Discussion in 'The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan' started by DualSportDad, Aug 1, 2008.

1. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd like to do a over night camping trip on the bike but I can't carry any camping gear on mine. I'm trying to find a way to get a different bike but I do t ha e any cash right now. My job is constantly getting worse and worse.

Hopefully one of these days things will turn around. Until then I'll get my bike ready and list it and see what I can get out of it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  2. Dr.Z

Dr.Z 6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer:
    D00d, the "R" model will carry camping gear without issues. :deal

Here's my "E" model loaded up with camping gear on a trip to Mexico! This is the rack that is on the bike. (sorry for the HUGE pic)

[​IMG]

I wish I had a GL bag like this one when I did that trip though...

[​IMG]

A couple of sources for luggage...

http://www.nomadrider.com/outbackbagmedium.aspx

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collections/giant-loop-gear-collection/products/coyote-saddlebag
  3. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I tried to order one of those racks before and couldn't find them anywhere. For some reason I thought I remembered them being longer. Maybe I'll try to weld up one myself.

4. Dr.Z

Oddometer:
    Shoot, for less than $85 shipped, I'd think twice about that.

With the GL bag, you don't need a rack.
  5. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1 for the GL bag :nod
  6. Buzztail

Buzztail Buzztopian OG Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mexico= big Dorito truck in background? :scratch
  7. Dr.Z

Oddometer:

That pic was taken right before our departure in Presidio, TX.
  8. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Funds don't allow that right now. I've spent all my money on court. Once I get all that money back I should have a few bucks to buy some luggage. Until then I'll sit on the sidelines and live through everyone else's adventures.

9. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Lost in the hills of SW VA/ Winter in SW Florida
    OK, guys, where are we riding this Saturday? Got a little rain and the dust should be settled this weekend, the temperature should be perfect and the horses seem to get along with us out there. I think we should explore the Squares some more! Every time out there we find something new!
  10. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    it's going to take a miracle for me to be able to make it. i have to get new tires on my bike, i have too much to do before then to find the time to put tires on. if you want to do a street/gravel ride i should be able to swing that. there's no way i'm going back out into the sand with my crappy tires tho.
  11. tommyinbonita

tommyinbonita Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I may be able to ride. That's if I don't hafta work instead. Alex if you can hook up with Kyle you can have my ol back tire. I'm sure it'll help in the sand..
  12. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    The earliest I'd be able to catch up with kyle would be Friday after work. And then I'd have to come home and spoon on two tires... I'm not saying its not doable but I'd be pushing it. For what its worth the skunk ape guys are headed to Lucky's on loop road this Saturday.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Will that tire fit on the KLX? If it fits I'll help change them out. I'm pretty quick changing tires.
  14. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    i'm pretty quick to.... just a lot to drive out to naples and get a tire then drive back and change them. maybe i'll drive out there and grab it, come home and change the front out and see if i feel like changing the rear. i think if i air my rear down it might get me by for a ride. id ride out there and we could change them at your house but i have no way to get the new front there and the bike.

anyone down for Hoot's tomorrow night? i've been sick and cooped up in the house for a week and really need to get outside! i rejetted the bike over a week ago and haven't even ridden it yet. maybe i'll ride her to work tomorrow.
  15. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    Let me know Alex. I can drive up to your place and bring the tire up Friday and do it after work.
  16. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks kyle but I am out for working on the bike today. I was up late last night prepping for a hearing that I had today so as soon as I get off work I'm coming straight home and passing out. You guys have fun.

17. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you guys go riding yesterday? Any pics or video? I'm glad I didn't go with you guys. I jetted my bike a couple weeks ago and I took it out yesterday for the first time since jetting it. It has lean surge super bad. I don't get how that's possible when I I ha e a stage 2 needle now and a 160 main compared to the 145 main I had in it on our last ride.

I guess the fight continues.

18. piratetreasure

piratetreasure Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    They were out- We ran into/introduced each other on Janes, me Northbound and them heading points South. I initially thought one of 'em was you, Alex. It was funny that you were our common ground. We did see a big ol' doe cross Janes while we were standing around talking, but no pythons.
  19. DualSportDad

DualSportDad Long timer

Oddometer:
    I just know everyone don't I....hahaha. I wish I could have ridden with them but I had a big court case I was prepping for Thursday night so Friday I was beat. I slept until noon on Saturday. It was totally worth it tho and I got the results I wanted. So who's ready to meet Parker? :D
    I was thinking I'll bring him to the next breakfast at sawgrass.
  20. Kyle B

Kyle B "Dirty Jobs"

Oddometer:
    That would be so cool, Alex! We would love to meet your Son.

Yes, I did take some video. You would have had no problems with your tires. I don't think we found any dry sand all day. Maybe you can tell bu the video.

Here's the ride out with Tommy leading.
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jKJXlyKjFGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Our first ride of the day with Steve leading.
    <iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/onoCKcPiZt0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>