Lock up your bike!!

Discussion in 'The Perfect Line and Other Riding Myths' started by RFVC600R, Dec 29, 2012.

1. RFVC600R

RFVC600R Long timer

Oddometer:

Im going to the hardware store :D

Gonna get a fat chain, a bag of concrete and fatty lock. Still going to use my other bike lock too. I would expoxy it in some concrete like you did if i wasn't rentning
  2. Ginger Beard

Ginger Beard Instagram @motopossum Super Moderator

Oddometer:
    A majority of the motorcycle buying market ? :dunno

If someone wants your bike bad enough then there isn't a lock that will stop them. Best that you can do is to make it as difficult as possible.
  3. Michael

Michael Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I bought the Kyrptonite anchor. Haven't installed it yet but it looks pretty secure. For your purposes you could dig a hole, pour a couple of bags of redimix cement in, and attach the ground anchor to that.

Here is another option I found on the Net. http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/categ...roduct/review-pragmasis-maxi-shackle-10-34370 This site also has reviews of several ground anchors.

aaand here is something pretty cool - a 40" long spike you hammer into the ground - they post a video of a jeep trying unsuccessfully to pull it out. http://www.memphismetalfabrication.com/products/securitygroundanchors.html
  4. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    When you install it, follow the instructions exactly. It's important to use the anchor as a drill jig so all of the holes line up when done. The drill bit tends to walk when starting, and needs the next hole in the anchor to guide it.
  5. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:
    This has only been brought and discussed in detail 48,456,677 times...

And every time the consensus is, if they want it, they'll get it.

And, having the proper insurance is cheaper and has MUCH better results (New bike replacement, Ins. Value higher most times than actual SALE value) than,,, buying locks.
  6. Michael

Michael Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Thanks! Will do.
  7. ttpete

Oddometer:
    So, using that logic, you wouldn't mind if they backed a truck up to your house and loaded up the entire contents of the place?

I'm quite aware that anything can be done given enough time and tools. What I do is to make it difficult enough so they look for someone else's stuff to steal. Like yours.

Those who are stupid enough to try anyway will almost certainly leave in a body bag via the morgue wagon.
  8. Avi8tor

Avi8tor ADV Poser

Oddometer:

:rofl Fahgettaboudit! Great setup.
  9. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

Sorry, the material object in this hypothetical is worth what in your opinion again?

...Look, I love my first condom too, but I gotta be realistic here... (Not gonna stretch it over a Billy Bass and say "hey y'all, watch this" every time company comes over.)

And as much as I lov... like my bikes, it's a part of life to deal with loss and the new bike will be welcome and accepted in time.
  10. ttpete

Oddometer:
    Not material at all. It's the principle of the thing. I hate fucking felon sociopaths, knowing that the courts will only slap their hands. My preference would be to chop their hands off like they do in Saudi Arabia, but that's illegal here. So............:evil
  11. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

Still don't see it huh?

Blinded by yer programming...

"Not material at all" Are you humanizing inanimate objects? Humanizing = Worshiping?

"It's the principal" Your programming, right? Then yes, you are right... And clear who you serve.
  12. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:
  13. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

So you hate Marines then? Either way you obviously "hate"

???

"Former Marine Ryan Jerome does not believe in partial victories.

You may recall Jerome was arrested for felony gun possession during a visit to NYC last September. He voluntarily checked in his firearm at the Empire State Building, as it was legally registered in another state, and he believed he was in compliance with the law."

PS, taking the plea would make him a "sociopath" to YOU.

I wonder if Nick was in gun-free zone??? You know THAT would have made him a felon, sorry "sociopath" if he fired, right?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6dsV6TCwd0o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  14. ttpete

Oddometer:
    WTF are you smokin'? :rofl
  15. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

Weed(bloop... bloop... bleeeeeeeeeeepppppp!!!!!), the evil drug according to our government (bloop... bloop... bleeeeeeeeeeepppppp!!!!!)... Why? Am I distorting the facts to you?

Do you hate me? Wanna kill me because we have an indifference? ...to a hypothetical?

"So, according to your logic" theft, is worth death?

God forbid you ever have to bug out, or ride to safety to save your own or anothers life, and all you can find is the motorcycle of another person like you.

I know (vanity) I have two, but can only ride one... (Divine intervention?)
  16. ttpete

Oddometer:
    Must be good shit...................:lol3
  17. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

Y u askin? R u collecting my data? Key words and phrases?

j/k end topic. (it's illegal) (Like False Flag missions on American soil)

See my location Pete... 6 cops total, 4 ALONE Walmart security (Walmart (Privately owned) has no Metro (Civil owned) provided security), in view on a recent trip to Lowes.
  18. GISdood

GISdood Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When my wife and I travel on the bikes, I carry the same kryptonite chain and lock 150ron posted a pic of and I lock the bikes together through the rear wheels. We also use a xena disc lock alarm.

When the bikes are parked at home, they reside inside a 6' tall page wire fence enclosure with these three on lookout.
    [​IMG]

No theft problems at home so far :D
  19. IheartmyNx

IheartmyNx Ihave2draft

Oddometer:

Ok you Commi!!!!

$50 fine A PIECE for your "off the grid" security system :lol3
  20. High Country Herb

High Country Herb Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer:
    I like that Kryptonite chain lock.

The Club (maker of automotive steering wheel locks) also makes a very stout cable lock for motorcycles. Like someone else said back on page one, the thieves would need two kinds of tools, and heavy duty ones at that.

Personally, I use a Krypto U-lock through the rear sprocket, pin style disc lock up front, lock my helmet on top of the mirror (through the bark buster), and lock the steering. It could certainly be lifted into a van, but I do keep full coverage on my travel bike. My dual sport is buried in the back of the garage behind a car, and pretty much only goes to the forest and back.

I loaned my Krypto cable lock to my buddy after he came home to a burglary in progress. In the garage, they had his R1 pushed next to the garage door. In the house, they had his gun safe pushed to the front door, along with all his entertainment system components. They were clearly getting ready for a truck to arrive. He chased the guy 2 blocks, but backed down when he cornered the guy after remembering his loaded handgun had been in the headboard of his bed. That turned out to be a good call, because the gun was gone from it's hiding place. :eek1

I gave him a nasty lecture about leaving the gun outside the safe while being away. We now have one more handgun in the possession of a criminal. :cry