2013 Giant Loop

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by OlafofOregon, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OlafofOregon

OlafofOregon Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Thanks! Sweet bike. For use with your top box, the Great Basin Saddlebag (60 liters) or possibly the Siskiyou Panniers (70 liters) are going to be the options.

As an alternative, you could replace the top box (which positions weight too high and behind the rear axle to be optimal for off-road riding) with one of Giant Loop's double-ended roll top dry bags, the Rogue Dry Bag (17 liters) or Tillamook Dry Bag (38 liters).

And without the top box, then the Coyote Saddlebag (39 liters) also becomes a viable option. It rides on the rear rack/fender, giving you the entire length of your saddle for more aggressive off-road riding.

Be sure to install some Vinyl Protective Film to keep your side panels looking nice and shiny.

And take extra care to ensure the Hot Springs Heat Shield (included with Coyote, Great Basin and 2 with Siskiyou Panniers) is correctly installed, supporting the side panels from sagging into those super-hot exhaust cans (the stock KTM cans are the hottest on Earth) and/or any part of the bags from making direct contact with the exhaust. When you first do the installation, monitor bags and heat shields careful and adjust if needed - don't just jump on the bike and ride for hours only to discover you've cooked your brand new bags. It's really pretty simple to avoid problems . . . a little care and attention go a long way.

Thanks for riding Giant Loop!
  2. salvadorfrieri

salvadorfrieri Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the advice!
  3. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    :dealWe have new versions of our Fandango Tank Bag and Diablo Tank Bag coming by February.

The price is going up in 2014, but we still have limited 2013 stock available at the current price via our website.

Now through December 31, use this one-time code for free shipping: 2013shipmeGL
  4. snowhawk jockey

snowhawk jockey Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer:
    The other Center of the Universe: Bend, Oregon
    At itsallaboutthebike.com in the Moto Gift Guide, is the ZigZag Handle Bar bag! The perfect gift for motorcyclists that want a bit of easy access storage, built with Giant Loop's Adventure proof components. Get yours today!

[​IMG]
  5. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    IMOP part of the appeal and success to this company has been the grassroots way its been developed and run,,,, i hope you guys dont get cheezy with the adds and such,,, the above zigzag add kinda put me off.

no offense, just my opinion.
  6. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:

Thanks for the feedback, 2 SPOT! I understand your appreciation of a grassroots company. That is why I am a part of GL! It is the local grassroots motorcycle company where I live and I want to see GL grow into its potential. Promoting the products we sell and reporting about the folks that review or like our stuff, is part of the business.

Did the "Get Your's Today" cross the line? :evil
  7. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Premiere screening in Portland of Austin Vince's new film, Mondo Sahara next week! Our friends at the Sang-Froid Riding Club are hosting Austin's appearance, and the film is at Clinton Street Theater - just $5 at the door! We saw a rough cut of Mondo Sahara at Overland Expo and it's his best film yet. We're going - and donating prizes to help contribute to Austin's tour. Let us know if you want us to reserve a ticket for you!
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Jz6CmOpHG40?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  8. 2 SPOT

Oddometer:

haha YES!!!,,,, i actually rolled my eyes and shook my head a little when i read it.

i watched the premier of his movie last month,, it's awesome!
  9. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Excellent, as long as you didnt throw up a little in your mouth, I feel like I can recover... :freaky

Lucky, you got to see Austin's movie! I have a family Christmas party to conduct, so I will miss the film. :-(
  10. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Chilly White at Enduro360.com reported on his run in the Tecate 250, last weekend. He has some pics and links to more from Dirtfocus.com, on his site.

[​IMG]

Watch the Youtube video from http://www.losancianos.com/

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XHquZKj95UA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  11. 2 SPOT

Oddometer:
    olaf asked me how i liked the coyote vs great basin in another thread,, heres my cut and paste reply.

ya know,,, the size of the coyote is good for me, but i like the design of the GB better, i dont mean the internal bag or bottle holders but the shape and way it mounts more vertically.

would be cool to have a coyote sized bag shaped more like the GB.

but, i am loving the bag, i wanted something a little bigger than the mojavi i bought 3 yrs ago and the coyote is filling in nicely.

kudos to giant loop.
  12. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
  13. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the feedback! Post up some pics if you have the chance

14. Nowwhat

Nowwhat I'll Go Second... Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Crappy cell pic but....

Wanted something smaller than my Mojavi for rides on the Berg...

So I strapped 2 Zigzag bags together as small saddle bags....

All tools, tube, pump, quick steel, zip ties....

[​IMG]
  15. 2 SPOT

Oddometer:
    awww look how cute,,,, thats pretty cool.
  16. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    :tb

17. OlafofOregon

Oddometer:
    That's creative! We've strapped the Zigzag on to subframes, engine guards, saddlebags, etc. - but mini saddlebags is a new one! Can you pop the seat off and snap some pics of your installation? Thanks

18. DesertSurfer

DesertSurfer Tail sprayin

Oddometer:
    I absolutely love my GL Great Basin bag.
    I can fill it to the max or pack it light and it always hides back and out of the way.[​IMG]

This bag mounts on and off super easy. It seals up well and has stayed dry through days of rain.

It also handles falls extremely well and makes a great back pad for back lifting the bike upright after a get off.

GL makes intelligent and durable gear and I highly recommend them. Thanks guys.
  19. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]
    Dave Darcy, the Continental-Drift, London to Sydney rider, is prepping his 690 Enduro for another big ride. This time he is crossing the Simpson Desert of Australia. It isn't his first trip into the Simpson, he rode his 640 Adventure across in 2010. His experience helped him plan for some upgrades, to handle the desert conditions. TrailZone Magazine took a look at his bike and reviewed the details in this article. Check it out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  20. snowhawk jockey

Oddometer:
    Dirt Bike magazine's January 2014 edition has included the Pronghorn straps in their Adventure section. Thanks Dirt Bike magazine!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.