Rallye navigation bracket photo thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by wrk2surf, May 4, 2011.

1. italrally

italrally Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    YOU can have it !!!

>>Vendor content removed by Neduro<<
  2. lastplace

lastplace Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:

Attached Files:

3. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Other people went there/here before you too..this was in 2008..

http://allroadmaniacs.nl/forum/index.php?topic=6056.0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lets not speak of crashing...
  4. lastplace

Oddometer:
    I know the idea of a bar-mounted cross-bar is not new. Of course!

I'm just saying that Italrally seems to have some clamps that are flat out copies of the ones I designed. The shape, angles and dimensions are exactly the same. Even the machining detail is the same. Someone bought a set from either me or Renazco and copied them, that is obvious. It is just bad form to copy someone else's stuff exactly. Have some respect and do your own work.

We worked hard to make the bend and the dimensions exactly right, going through several different versions.

Being lazy and copying someone else's work invites bad luck, in my book. If that's a broken rib, so be it.
  5. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Ah, a real 1 on 1 copy huh?

Sounds a bit shitty indeed...
  6. Cummo

Cummo Cummomoto

Oddometer:
    Huh, that sux...but its a small world this rallying world, it will come back and bite him if its a valid claim of course.
  7. italrally

Oddometer:
    Hy my friend, first, stop drinking !!!

1. than, listen : I bought these clamps in Italy from a dealer, I'm not the designer and the producer, I'm a normal reseller, like thousands of other dealers !
    2. wishing somebody else that he has to broke his ribs & bones, is very, very bad style, i remember George Bush with his troops in Irak.

3. So i want to here now what you have to say ( permission !!! )

Michele
  8. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    Then your stuff doesn't belong in racing, it belongs in vendors.

I'm going to go through and do some editing and moving, but please, read and understand the rules for vendors. This is a warning!
  9. Pilbara

Pilbara In the flow...

Oddometer:
    It comes on and off easy:D
    [​IMG]
    Cheers
    Pilbara
  10. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    they look like RAM mounts..

And thanks all for adding to the thread.. close up shots like Charlies are great!
    MotoSly likes this.
  11. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
    Mine comes off even easier, and it's half the price of yours :lol3
    [​IMG]
    wrk2surf likes this.
  12. lastplace

Oddometer:
    I will not stop drinking.
    Tell your dealer in Italy that he is selling someone else's design. Return your clamps and demand a refund. Find out who is making these and tell me.
    And, don't throw "W" at me just because I am an American. Not all of us are idiots. I could go on for a long time about poor Italian leaders, but I won't. Here's a photo of me in the 2005 Dakar with an anti-Bush sticker on the skidplate.

I still hope someone breaks a rib over this.

Ned, feel free to nuke any messages of mine you like. Or, ask me to.

fun fun
    Charlie

Attached Files:

13. theantipaul

theantipaul Reforming Neandertal

Oddometer:
    As a complete idiot when it comes to Rallye gear I've been watching this and other threads with great interest to learn and for ideas for a setup of my own and for possible products. This is an area or riding that I've never done and I'd like to try.

It's gone a little sideways and Charlie, as someone that used to get spooled up over that stuff I know exactly how you feel.

So without pimping gear, I'd like to share some thoughts in the hope that this thread is somewhat more of a design workshop for rallye gear.

I started off with what I had, a Buell light with HID's and an Acerbis roadbook all mounted to the triple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After discussing this with Hayduke, the only guy I personally know that has done a roadbook ride I ditched the lights for vertical 90mm Hellas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't like the light pattern of the Hellas and saw Chris Vestals setup and thought a 6" Baja Designs HID with a Hella for redundancy would be next. After talking with Hayduke again moved the speedo/odo up high and picked up a F2R roadbook, with all the weight, BD light 3lbs attached it all to the frame instead of the triples.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I'm ditching the BD light and am back to the Hellas to remove mass and momentum, but retain the frame mount as Charlie suggested earlier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So what I'm planning on sticking with now is the frame mount, F2R roadbook, and the Trail Tech Striker and Vector computers, I'm not a racer nor will be racing, just want a flexible setup that can do as much as possible.

Any suggestions from those of you that know what you're doing would be great.
    wrk2surf likes this.
  14. Seth S

Seth S My avatar is ok. Your screen is broken

Oddometer:
    you might look at the 4" fuego lights from Baja designs. Run a driving light for high beam and a fog for low beam. You can get them in HID, and you can run just the lens assembly...pod style.

I have the clamps, F2R, and 2 ICO's from Charlie for use in Australia this summer. I may still go to a frame mount to keep the weight off of the bars but I will still use everything except for the bar clamps.
  15. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    Nice work Antipaul!!

@lastplace you might want to check with Boano in Italy, I think they sell brackets similar to yours..
  16. italrally

Oddometer:

Hey Charlie,

I can't believe it what you are writing here ???

But okay, may be it is my fault that i bought this brackets in Italy and not in your shop. I will send them back and tell the dealer that an American dealer off rally stuff had forbidden me to buy the italian stuff, because it could be ( they are not the same for shure !!! ) a copy of his products. I hope to get the money back and than i will buy you brackets for shure !:freaky
  17. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    JIMINY CRICKETS enough!!!!

.. you are ruining a good thread
  18. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
    Nah it was just getting interesting :evil
  19. stteve

stteve Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    My first bracket was a reaaly simple piece of iron, welded together by a friend. Mounted on the top triple-clamp. I was bomb proof and i had it on my TTR for about 7 years.
    Pro - it is cheap and easy to make
    Con - It vibrates (the TT roadbook was not really happy and one of the motors vibrate lose) and the roadbook moved around in the beginning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few years back it made an screen (cut from a bucket) to protect the roadbook a little

[​IMG]

It is not fancy or high tech, but gets the job done.

I now have bought a new F2R roadbook, and that did not fit to the bracket, so i bought these second hand. These are easier to (re)mount.
    [​IMG]

A friend of min bought 2 clamps at a carshop and some 3 mm aluminium plate, and made this. He is really satisfied with it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

@ Hogwild - I did do a ride with that set-up a few months ago, but after every bump i could read the roadbook really well, (as i moved towards me).
  20. HogWild

HogWild Skott Whitknee

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's why I switched to the RMS setup, which is excellent. Of course the plastic Acerbis roadbook reader is a pain in the ass too, so that's been replaced with an MD. Now I'm wishing I had gone for the F2R roadbook reader instead.