BMW navigator iv questions

Discussion in 'GPS 101 - Which GPS For Me' started by GSAragazzi, Oct 31, 2012.

1. GSAragazzi

GSAragazzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey everyone, I have the chance to buy at a good discount a Nav IV. While I like the features it offers nd the cleanliness of the installation I have some questions I can't seem to find answers to.
    Q1: can I receive and make calls on the move? Or does it have a block calls while ridding? One thread (old one) says it has a nanny tool to block using the phone while Garmin website suggests you can call on the move.
    Q2: does it allow the use of Scala Rider headsets? I get hry eill eork for the navi promps but ehst sbout the intercom? Somewhere I read it doesn't let you communicate with other passengers bc of its ability of using voice promps. I really like the Scala intercoms and would hate to loose them.

Anything else I should know before I pull the trigger?:ear
    Thanks
    :freaky
  2. GSAragazzi

GSAragazzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Can't believe no one knows. Either it's true and you are afraid of admit it or what gives?:deal
  3. Ayrshire Bull

Ayrshire Bull why the hell not?

Oddometer:
    Hi - I bought a Nav IV recently - only used the basic functions for one or two weekend rides so unfortunately I can't speak to any of your specific questions.

It was a nice clean install (on the GS1200) - and did everything I needed it to do - sorry I couldn't be more helpful - but here's a free bump for this post to see if it might catch more replies
  4. GSAragazzi

GSAragazzi Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hey man thanks! I did it too, bought it and great instal. I'm using a lockable Touratech mount with it and irks great. My only issue is the music. I use a Scala headset, usually I run Pandora on my IPhone but if the Gps is on the headset hooks to it therefore no tunes. I have to upload music to it or turn it off and link to the phone. Why am I writing this? For anyone thinking on getting one, go with the Zumo with Internet hookup. The Nav iv offers speed and fuel meter but I would rather have Pandora or Internet radio. Otherwise Its a Great unit.But wish I would have known this before purchasing.
  5. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Hey, watch this! Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    I have a BMW Nav IV, Scala G4 set, and Iphone 4s

#1- Yes it will take and recieve calls on the move. Very easy to follow prompts on the screen.

#2- Yes, the intercam feature works fine. Although, I have never been able to use the voice commands on any of my Scala headsets....
  6. skidlid_26

skidlid_26 n00b

Oddometer:
    I am running my G9 and have been able to run my phone and the GPS through my headset. It is supposed to prioritize what it is linked to. The phone is going through the GPS but the music goes straight through to the headset. If you set the phone up as an MP3 device through the then I set it up as the phone/GPS it will work as a multiple connection. It took me a while to get it right and had to refer to manual a couple times. I like being able to answer the phone while riding, or at least know who to ignore (work). I'm still working out the bugs but getting better at it though. I sat inside my living room and played with it for the night. It helped out since I didn't have to throw in riding as well. My son liked sitting around talking on the intercom as well in the house. Got a big kick out of it.