Looking for the gentleman from SC

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by huronbikes, Jul 5, 2013.

1. huronbikes

huronbikes n00b

Oddometer:
    More than a month ago I was riding my ratty R1100GS from Chicago to Charleston, SC and suffered a malfunction of my hall effect pickup (the insulation had baked off the wires). Anyways, a gentleman stopped on his way back from a dual sport event and lent a hand and although we could not coax the bike into working, it was still good to have help.

After replacing the Hall Effect pickup plate, the bike worked fine and I made the return trip without a hitch.

Anyways, I just wanted to say, "thank you" for stopping.
  2. ob1quixote

ob1quixote Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would be me! I had wondered how you got along, if the local shop took care of you. Sounds like you did OK.

And, you're welcome, glad I could be whatever help I was!
  3. huronbikes

huronbikes n00b

Oddometer:
    The tow was an experience of its self. Cusack's outside of Charleston is run by quite the character and they definitely havr an interesting concept of geography. The BMW shop was in a part of town even the tow driver did not like, so I wound up having the bike towed to a coworker's house. After spending 24 hours fighting a cruddy client site and not sleeping, I replaced the hall effect pickup and timing the bike by listening to where in the crank rotation the fuel pump was triggered. I high-tailed it out of Charleston Wednesday and rode to Nashville thursday after whipping around the mountains for a bit. Saturday I rode to St Louis and Sunday put me back home in Chicago but not before I got poured on one last time.