L. A. ADVenture Rides

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by nsfw, Mar 5, 2008.

1. rruugger

rruugger formally Sir Crashalot

Oddometer:
    Don't post much myself and I'm sure I've been guilty of bad timing or off topic in the past, but try to keep it in check. If Joel didn't post RR's here... not sure I'd be back much. I knew Joel was going to Cambria this past weekend and looked forward to the RR, also realize it's lot of work. If you read instead of just look'n at the pic's your timing is bound to get better. :thumb Just hate when there' more bickering than a Republican debate. :lol3

Great job Joel. Cambria is Beeeautiful ! :clap
  2. tex_downey

tex_downey Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Sorry any comment i made was tounge in cheek, some times its hard to tell if people are serious or not. any thing i said was all in good taste, and fun.

And i started typing my last comment before Dannys popped up.
  3. FYYFF

FYYFF Forever young...

Oddometer:
    I was kidding dude... :deal
    I have no doubt that you have no intention to sabotage Joel's RR. Which BTW, was great as usual. Nice place, nice people, nice pictures and an other classic Joel RR... :clap
    And, you are one of a few who is still younger than me that I can pick on... :rofl
    Joel, why dont we plan a camping trip to that place. It looks amazing from the pictures.
  4. nsfw

nsfw Death Valley Noobs Rally Super Supporter

Oddometer:

awesome place to camp and it is a private property, if the group is big enough, maybe we can afford to rent it.
  5. DannyG

DannyG I have the waypoint. Supporter

Oddometer:
    Morro Bay SP is in the area.... it will be nice to take the GS
  6. tex_downey

Oddometer:
    Joel do you know who ran it?

I used to work at a camp like that for years and was just wondering what you knew.
  7. MNCherryinCA

MNCherryinCA KTM Noob

Oddometer:
    Hey All,
    Got the bike back from trailtricks all setup with suspension, cush hub, etc. Looking fwd to some riding...Going to San Diego this Saturday with Intrepidrunner to take a novice dirt bike skills course so I don't ride out of control and hopefully prevent some falls. I'll be back to riding fire roads and easy trails soon. Looking fwd to joining in some LA Weekend Rides soon!
    Bob
  8. nsfw

Oddometer:

danny, that's a very nice one too....good luck getting a spot....:D

http://campoceanpines.org/

t, the website says "facility rental", i can imagine because of the location, this is going to be pricey. maybe not too bad if we spread it out to 200 riders, LOL there.

i think the only place that isl nice, relatively near the cost, and still close enough is carrizo plains. it's free and lots of dirt riding. if you guys want to do a camp and ride, we have to do it soon while still a little warm. good for tex, since he will be back in iowa next jan when we do the annual ride.
  9. Sasquatch2112

Sasquatch2112 Old Angry White Guy (OAWG)

Oddometer:
    Darn Bob, had I known it was your SXC that I saw up there, I would have flogger her last time I was at TT.
  10. nsfw

Oddometer:
    hi bob, good to hear your back! you'll love your bike with the right suspension set up, and the cush hub, that's a must for the thumping torque machine. try a 15/45 combo. i myself favor riding the 640 than the big orange beast.
  11. airborndad

airborndad Long timer

Oddometer:
    Keep doing what your doing Joel don't change a thing I appreciate what you do and all the effort you put into your RR's

There's a good place for everything

[​IMG] L.A. B.S. over flow and info ([​IMG] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last Page)
    [​IMG] jamin_mathis

forgot to hit submit earlier at noonish
  12. tuff enuff

tuff enuff Bloke

Oddometer:
    Tex, I'm up for a nice easy pavement/fire road ride. I'm riding my bone stock DR650 because I broke the alternator cover on the DRZ400 over a week ago. I didn't jump on it and order the parts so now I'm waiting.
    I'm thinking of taking dirt roads across the dez to the Husky monument (you gotta see that before you go home). Then across Cuddeback Lake to Randsburg for lunch :freaky Then thru the El Paso Mts to Jawbone and back home via Lake Hughes and Bouquet Canyon. Saturday or Sunday is ok for me.:ear
  13. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Saturday is good. Have a good dirt route starting in Pearblossum.

Cursed Little League on Sunday.
  14. MojaveSidecar

MojaveSidecar Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Hey Joel

What if you put something like "To be continued" or "More to Come in 20 mins" at the end of your RR segments.

At least that could be a tip off for folks that there is more RR coming...

Btw, I sold my house in Burbank last month and now live full time in Wrightwood.
    Also, I just sold my Valkyrie and bought one of these to get me around the village.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still have a lot of "getting settled" to do before I can start weekend riding again... but at least now I believe I am located at the heart of SoCal dualsporting territory.

Hope to see you guys on the trial soon....

Randy from Burb.... err Wrightwood
  15. nsfw

Oddometer:
  16. browneye

browneye PIN IT & BANG GEARS

Oddometer:
    Thanks Joel. Deleted mine too. WTF...life's too short, eh?

How 'bout some recap on the seminar content, key points, golden nuggets, etc.?

:clap
  17. IntrepidRunner

IntrepidRunner Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Joel, what you are doing here is important to my riding, and a lot of other guys. Don't let the AHs bring you down. :thumb
  18. createAbang

createAbang Vagabundos del Moto

Oddometer:
    Glad to hear everyone liked the camp. The first time we saw it we thought it would be the perfect location for the meeting. A few things I learned from having worked with them:

The Camp is a non-profit dedicated to educational activities, so it helps if you have some sort of "educational" aspect to you group.

They are really nice people to work with.

It takes 75 people to reserve the camp for your exclusive use, but they often have smaller groups.

It is not really a "campground". Their usual practice is to rent the bunk houses. They agreed to the camping thing because the HU group was too large for the number of bunks (100) available.

They are flexible. Talk to them about what you want/need. You can probably find a way to make it work. They are dealing with financial pressures like everyone else in this economy.

The meals are optional.

Here is the rental rate page from their web site.

PM me if I can help.

Cheers,
  19. tex_downey

Oddometer:

Im so IN. and Sat seems to work great for me. I would LOVE to see the Husky monument, :clap:clap:clap I just think that is the coolest thing. what time works for you. I like early starts. but not much before 7. :ear
  20. johngil

johngil Reseda, CA

Oddometer:
    Dennis? You in?