F650...Tenere

Discussion in 'Parallel Universe' started by Animus, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Animus

Animus Ho'bag

Oddometer:
    Ok..Noob question!
    Best get this off my DD chest
    Been happily trailriding (and the odd enduro) on a various assortment of 2st and 4st 200/250/300's
    I'm now looking further afield than just hacking round lanes (a day just ain't enough)and tracks.
    Always had in my mind (to start with) a trek around eastern europe (macedonia/montenegro/yugo/romania etc) but would just like advice on general ideal bikes.
    Being of the diminutive stature of 5ft 6 (but quite a robust lass) would either the f650 or tenere be suited.
    Both seem great bikes with good reliability and easily sourced parts.
    I have a budget of about 3/4k for the bike.
    your worldly knowledge and advice would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Laromonster

Laromonster Lean, mean pacifist machine

Oddometer:
    My wife is 5'1" and rides a F650GS (factory lowered) you got no worries toots :)

now.. tell us more about that DD chest :D
  3. Animus

Animus Ho'bag

Oddometer:
    Toots! :rofl
    well if its good enough for your demure wife then I'll have to go try one out!
    As for my DD's, cheeky! :wink:
    Are there any problems to look out for with the F650? Other than the obvious bike things of chain/tyres, panel, obvious rattles?
  4. Bueller

Bueller Cashin?

Oddometer:
    Everything and anything you want to know about the F650 and/or F650 GS can be found here

We've had a 2001 F650 GS since August of 2001. Although neither version is a bad bike, there were some chronic issues that plagued the F650, and unfortunately a few of them carried over to the injected GS. We have replaced wheel bearings, fork seals, one fork tube (wouldn't stop leaking even with new seals), steering head bearings, and a couple of other small bits. It isn't the easiest bike to work on, but it's not impossible either. Follow the link and do some reading and you'll be more than adequately educated.
  5. XTreme

XTreme Mucho Macho

Oddometer:
    Yes....it's a BMW! :D
    You want a nice V-Strom you do! :D
  6. Animus

Animus Ho'bag

Oddometer:
    Is that so!
    Thankyou Bueller for the links.
    I have another avenue I could go down that of the 'Orange' route.My company offer 20% off all new KTM's, though do they have the reliabilty that I have heard so much about from the BMW's and Yam's?