'You are going to die' ....

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Day Trippin'' started by Kamchat, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Anything from £2:00 - £5:00 a pint depending on what, and where you are drinking.
    £2:00 a pint is cheap and from somewhere like a Wetherspoons chain Pub.... most pubs would probably be around £3:00 - £3:50 a pint ........and £5:00 a pint in a more expensive hotel.

So in US dollars about $ 5:50 on average .
  2. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    :freaky:lol3
  3. TerryK

TerryK Ulysses

Oddometer:
    Red boots are long gone, although the boots I had on last weekend were red & black...does that count.

Terry
  4. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you will come in France with your honey and your darling (bike and wife or wife and bike make your choice :rofl:rofl:rofl) you could take a beer in my "garage"... :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

that before we will eat a peace of meat with a good red wine. :evil:evil:evil:evil from my cave...
  5. Neil Claydon

Neil Claydon Don't follow me, I'm lost

Oddometer:
    I knew she was back from their website, nice to get the last trip of the year in though, wish I had been there.
    I was amazed at the number of people on board during my trip who had been following her all round the coast for the summer. One couple my son and I spoke to had been on just about every trip this year, I suppose you would at least get value from the supporters group membership :lol3
    I wonder if the winter overhaul will include repairing the accident damage to the forward port-side timber around the paddle box.
    Sounthend Pier is a lot tuffer than a bit of timber it seems, standing on the pier imediatly above her as she docked I never even felt a tremor, saw the flying splinters though :cry

Neil. :1drink
  6. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    ready for this weekend with mud and gravels...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. Swedener

Swedener Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Hey Kamchat, just because you know the roads so well in Scotland..
    I just want to check with you if Vicki Butler-Henderson is right when she says that the A 93 (Old Military Rd) is one of Great Britain's best roads to ride on. I saw her running towards Braemar, Cairngorms National Park, in the TV program Fifth Gear. I don't know if her statement was because she drove a Jaguar XJ Supersport:rofl. Anyway, it looked to be a lovely road :)
  8. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

She's right - it IS a fantastic road ...there are some pics of us on it on page 26 of this thread (posts no.380 & 381) Blairgowrie - Braemar. :wink:
  9. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Kind of - but still not as 'distinctive' as the originals ...:D
  10. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Sounds good to me..... I hope to see the 'Bubu-Cave' one day. :D
  11. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Ooops! - hope the Captain had 'fully comp' insurance! :D Actually I was very impressed watching him reverse on to the jetty at Helensburgh perfectly ...must take some skill. :deal
  12. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    When you want Man :D:D:1drink
  13. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    Not many pics on here lately... so I decided to put up some from yesterday's ride!
    After last weeks snow and down to -5°C (during the day that is!) I already thought this years riding season over. BUT - yesterday brought a beautiful autumn day with sun, blue skies and temperatures around 15°C in the valley! :clap
    So I took the bike to do the shopping and it felt so good that I spontaneously changed plans and went for a wee ride over some nice passes to Chamonix-Mont Blanc. :D
    Mind you, I was riding in my leathers without any extra jacket and summer gloves. Not bad at all for November in the Alps. It got a bit chilly up the passes, but I had dry roads and sunshine all the way, garnished with those amazingly beautiful autumn colours.
    (The only good thing about this tourist trap that is Chamonix was that they had a public toilet... :wink:)
    Mighty Mont Blanc itself was pretty much covered in clouds, so I didn't take any pictures.
    I still don't have a decent camera so please connive at the poor picture quality. And of course they are all still lifes...

Col de la Forclaz (beautiful road with most amazing views in all directions)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Somewhere in France, between Trient and Chamonix
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really do hope that there will be some more days for ride outs like that this year.
    Right now the rain is pattering on the roof window... Cosy sunday afternoon.
    If only I wouldn't have to work... :puke1

Cheers y'all.
    Phipsd likes this.
  14. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I miss these places!!! why did i go on Normandie...:cry:cry:cry

Bloodyshit!!!!:huh:puke1
  15. AllBlackPearl

AllBlackPearl I'm normal.

Oddometer:
    What now!?
    You moved?? :huh
  16. bubu

bubu Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Yes i have moved since spetember, for the job...:cry

Now i am in Normandie, but i will be back in the alps. :evil
  17. BuckMoto

BuckMoto Adventure Napping

Oddometer:
    WOW! Love that pic! I was just in the mountains of Colorado last month with my bike and am wishing I didn't have to work either! If it's OK with you Kamchat, I could post a few pics.
  18. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

No, I don't mind ...as I have said to others, - I don't mind if folk want to post a few pics on here. If they want to post loads of pics then that would be different as it would change the essence of the thread (which is about Scottish rideouts) .. in which case they would be better starting a new thread dedicated to their own pics :wink: ... but a few pics from various other places adds a bit of variety.
  19. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:

Hi mate ..good to see you managed to get out in some stunning scenery (great pics:thumb). I am jealous! 15C and dry roads! ...... We managed to get out for a run yesterday too but - ugh! - it was 150 miles of wet greasy roads and 4C ...It was good to get a ride but we were filthy and frozen by the time we got back ...first stop had to be to the 'Jet Wash' at a nearby garage. It was as if we had been doing Moto-X!

These from our lunch stop..... Graeme's Panigale and Garry's S1000RR...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I discovered that my 'Power One' track day tires with their minimal tread pattern (none on the sides) was not the ideal choice of tyres for such conditions... with the rear spinning up exiting a few of the bends (clenched buttocks and a very gentle right wrist were the 'order of the day' :D )

Did I say 'it was as if we went Off- roading' .................some did .:D...

[​IMG]

Snow back on the hills.. [​IMG]on ills ....
    klaviator likes this.
  20. Kamchat

Kamchat Long timer

Oddometer:
    We had to get back by 4:30, before dark, because 4C was cold enough ..and Gary has no lights...:deal...
    [​IMG]