The F5 Bivouac (rallye raid news) and W2RC - World cross country rally championship

Discussion in 'Racing' started by PackMule, Dec 23, 2009.

1. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
  2. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

:lurk
  3. DruncleWill

DruncleWill CRASH TESTED

Oddometer:
    Nah, that looks more like TM blue to me :rofl
  4. tHEtREV

tHEtREV Encouragement award recipient. tEAM iDIOT.

Oddometer:
    Maybe Bordone Ferari found some money?:lol3
  5. Dread Pendragon

Dread Pendragon Tragic Donkey Throttler

Oddometer:
    Speculation that Yamaha my try to get Despres (translated from Portuguese by google):

"Curiosities: Yamaha can "steal" the passage of Cyril Despres for Honda.

[​IMG]

"After officially confirmed the departure of Cyril Despres of estrura KTM remains reveal the future of the French rider who won by five times the Dakar Rally. Although touted as a possible early Honda rider in game is also its possible entry into the brand of the three tuning forks.

"Progress Yamaha's Dakar is also significant, but already since 1996 that the Japanese bikes do not bear the greatest proof All-Terrain the world at the time by the hands of Italian Edi Orioli.

"Considering the bet Yamaha France in the Dakar Rally and its strong connection to the French riders, flocking ingredients that may put into question the change of Cyril Despres for the official Honda team, which now acts Hélder Rodrigues.
  6. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    I think "speculation" being the key word. Also I think there is an overestimation of the French connection as Cyril has little historical connection to Yamaha.
  7. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    Sooo....this has gone on long enough...if CdP can't get his act together and choose his ride I think teamF5 should make a clear decision for him...

we need a vote button...:wink:
  8. JMo (& piglet)

JMo (& piglet) Unicorn breeder

Oddometer:
    We'll have a spare second seat on the Rally Raid LC4-50 team... we could certainly do with a few Euro's towards the campaign!

Jx
  9. ferals5

ferals5 Grumpa

Oddometer:
    so we add a 'few Euros' button then.... :lol3

of course jenny he would be the water carrier:D
  10. auguzt

auguzt get on with it

Oddometer:
    Yea.. But I wouldn't expect much from him if you get stuck in... let's say... mud?

Just kiddin'...:D
  11. silentwolf

silentwolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just some eyecandy that's in this week's Cyclenews: Enjoy.

[​IMG]
  12. too old

too old Keen supporter Supporter

Oddometer:
    Funny how the press get it wrong - the picture is at Yas for the ADDC, but the reference is to Quinn Cody, who wasn't entered there but in Qatar 2 weeks later - that was Speedy's bike :1drink
  13. silentwolf

silentwolf Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I thought something felt out of of place, so that would make sense. I wonder if it was an assumption on the editor's part or just a mistake? I'm tempted to write to the editors but it's not my info... Maybe it's the bike that Cody was given for Qatar two weeks later? :scratch
  14. doyle

doyle RallyRaidReview-ing

Oddometer:
    Apparently Speedbrain brought 2 bikes to Abu Dhabi and moved them over to Qatar. There was mention that Quinn's pace was somewhat hampered by Barreda's set up since Barreda is some 50 pounds lighter. That tells me that Quinn used Barreda's bike from Abu Dhabi in Qatar but either way, a little journalistic double checking should have the editor's clearly seeing "Goncalves" on the seat and "Yas Marina" in the background.
  15. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    Today at 11am in the morning I had a serious accident when entrenava with the road bike. I hit a buggy front mind a change of esting. Luckily today was not my day and I can tell because when I crashed into the front glass of the helmet buggy impact braking like a watermelon splitting. I lost consciousness and I have had to sew 3 holes in the head and back and God willing tomorrow saldre Hospital.
    Thank the person of the buggy all your help, stopping and calling has help me urgently to Catalan police and medical services have been super fast and I have tried to wonder. Many thanks to them also. The truth is that today I really looked at the importance of bike helmet, as it seems to do nothing but today has saved my life. A big kiss for my family and friends and now I have made ​​you suffer over the account and strong hug to all!

Hoy a las 11h de la mañana he tenido un grave accidente cuando entrenava con la bicicleta de carretera. He chocado frontal mente con un buggy en un cambio de resante. Por suerte hoy no era mi dia y puedo contarlo ya que cuando he chocado contra el cristal delantero del buggy el casco a frenado el impacto partiéndose como una sandía. He perdido el conocimiento y me han tenido que coser 3 agujeros en la cabeza y espalda y si dios quiere mañana saldre del Hospital.
    Agradecer a la persona del buggy toda su ayuda, parando ha ayudarme y llamando urgentemente a los mossos d'esquadra y a los servicios medicos que han venido super rapido y me han tratado de maravilla. Mil gracias a ellos tambien. La verdad es que hoy he visto muy de cerca la importancia que tiene el casco de bici, ya que parece que no hacen nada pero hoy me ha salvado la vida. Un beso muy fuerte para mi familia y amigos ya que hoy los he hecho sufrir mas de la cuenta y un Fuerte abrazo a todos!!!

[​IMG]
  16. schattat

schattat Long timer

Oddometer:
    Indeed it was Barreda's bike from DC, pretty much just swapped the seat and increased the steering angle (QC wanted more, but it was hard on the limit already :lol3)
  17. tehdutchie

tehdutchie Long timer

Oddometer:
    I hear Husky will be running new Dakar team for 2014-2015 with Despres as a lead rider...
  18. Goofy1

Goofy1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please, oh please let there be some meat to this rumor. :ear OK, I'll go with Husky having a new Rallye team even without CD.
  19. Balkan Boy

Balkan Boy Long timer

Oddometer:
    I heard Cyril Desperes and Laia Sanz are getting married and GasGas is building a team around them. :freaky
  20. Bluebull2007

Bluebull2007 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    That's it....

Despres-gate

:rofl