Holan Nomada Pro panniers and other parts for the 2013+ R1200GS!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by rotaryracer, Mar 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi gr8ridn - the support bars are primarily if you're running the 45L Large+, or 62L Extra Large top case, or are running a smaller top case and want the additional reinforcement of having the whole system tied together. Holan has the Adventure rack available as a combination luggage rack/top case bracket as well as just a luggage rack, with the latter probably working better for what you're describing.

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason
  2. gr8ridn

gr8ridn Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks Jason. Probably what I am thinking about is the luggage rack rather than the top case rack/luggage rack. If the design is different do you have a picture of the luggage rack?
  3. pauljm

pauljm R1200GS LC Rallye

Oddometer:
    Why more racks why not use the BMW supplied pannier fittings/mount points built into the bike? The OEM pannier that I am not a fan of do however mount so nicely & it looks so much cleaner why not use whats there?
  4. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    I don't think the luggage rack that mounts directly to the bike (versus using the Holan Adventure rack) is completed yet, but will check in with them on ETA and pics. That would be a great solution for carrying a dry bag or similar and will be less expensive than the full Adventure rack/top case plate system.

Thanks!

Jason
  5. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi pauljm...the Holan racks provide a very solid mounting system for the panniers, and are heavy duty enough (18mm tubing with 2mm wall thickness) to act as a crashbar for the rear of the bike if it decides to take a nap with the bags off. Another benefit is the interchangeability of panniers to different models of bikes, versus building a model-specific mount. If you trade bikes, just get the appropriate new rack and hang your panniers on it.

Thanks!
    :beer
  6. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    The Pro crashbars for the new R1200GS LC are complete, and they look great! Holan has done it again...a comprehensive design that protects the vulnerable parts of the bike while still keeping a very narrow profile. We expect to have pricing information shortly and will link the photos to the product page for pre-order as soon that's confirmed. Our next order goes in to Holan on 4/22 and would expect we'll be able to order these on that production run...will keep you posted as soon as we hear more!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  7. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just got word from Holan on pricing for the crashbars. There will be two versions - Pro (as shown above) which protects the upper bodywork/radiator and includes the light bracket mounting bar, and Standard, which primarily protects the engine and will only come up to the cylinder heads. Both types of crashbars will be available in black powdercoat, silver (as seen earlier on the Adventure rack), and matte gray (similar to the panniers).

Pricing for the Pro crashbars is $439.99 and the Standard model is $269.99. We will have the product page loaded on our site by the end of the week and can accept pre-orders to be included in our next factory order on or about May 7th.

Any questions, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jason
  8. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got some pictures (courtesy of Holan's Greece distributor) of the new top case plate that mounts to the OEM rear rack (versus the heavy duty Holan Adventure rack as shown earlier). The price is $129.99 you can click here or on any of the pictures below to be linked directly to the product page.

For those that were interested in either a top case plate only (without the heavy duty rack) or a luggage rack to strap a dry bag to, this will be a nice option and a bit more cost effective than the full Adventure rack setup.

Thanks!

Jason

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  9. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Well I am torn between the black and natural. Does anyone have any good side pics of the entire bike with bags mounted in good light?

Also do the bare aluminum oxidize like the BMW OEM Adventure bags?
  10. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Hammick - I'll work on getting some additional pictures from Holan and uploaded them as soon as I can! The natural aluminum panniers don't oxidize or transfer to the contents of your pannier...we've spoken with Holan customers that have had these for years and haven't had any issues. Inner bags are available for convenience if desired, but are not necessary to protect your pannier contents from getting black marks.

Thanks!

Jason
  11. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Some new pictures of the rear top case mount that fits on the BMW OEM rack...all are linked to the product page.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  12. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The rear rack is nice, but is there a quick connect type mount for the topbox? I looked on your website and couldn't find anything.
  13. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi oz97tj - the Holan top case plate use a "bolt through" design. There are four allen head bolts with oversized washers inside the case that thread into the top case plate itself (shown in the pictures), with a reinforcement plate sandwiched between the case and the top case mount for extra support. Holan previously used a quick release mechanism on their top cases but had issues with it loosening up over time and rattling, so they moved to the bolt-through design. It takes an extra minute or two to remove the case, but the benefit is a secure fit with no annoying noises. :D Here's a picture of the Tiger 1200 plate for reference:

[​IMG]

Any other questions, please let me know.

Thanks!
  14. Serp

Serp Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Finally got time to pick up and mount my set of cases. Very happy with the fit and finish of the (gray) side racks and panniers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Serp, looks GREAT! Very nice setup...I can't wait to get that top case to you to complete the system.

Received a few more pictures from Holan of the Nomada Pro system on the new R1200GS LC. These are 38L panniers in natural aluminum, and show the 25L Photo top case mounted on the top case mounting plate that fits to the OEM rack.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. hammick

hammick Long timer

Oddometer:
    Jason:

Will you ask them if they have a photo of the 25l top box showing the dry duffle bag from the front? I am wondering if the top box is mounted far enough back for the wife to use the dry bag as a back rest. I don't think the 25l alone would work as a back rest.

I have this narrowed down to the 38l bags. Just need to figure out whether to go top box or not.
  17. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    You bet - I'll see if they have any other pictures they can send over. Comparing these and the pictures of the top case rack without a box mounted above, my guess is the dry bag would encroach on passenger space. It looks like it extends forward almost to the bend of the stock passenger grab handles, which would be about halfway on the passenger seat. You might be better off lashing the dry bag to the top of the 25L top case, which would give a bit taller surface to lean against and more room for the passenger.

Thanks!

Jason
  18. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    I am interested in the Holan Nomada Pro 25l top case but I was wondering if there is enough room in the 25l top case to store a helmet like the Arai Tour X3...
  19. rotaryracer

rotaryracer Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi r1d3 - the 25L top case is a great case for holding a laptop, camera gear, and/or general commuting duty, but it's probably a bit too shallow to hold a full-face helmet. The dimensions of the 25L case are 15.7" L x 7.9" H x 12.6", so the lower height will probably be an issue. You can put a full-face helmet in the 29L top case (although it's snug and somewhat dependent on size/type), or a 38L will definitely hold one. The 29L top case can be seen here and the dimensions are 12.6" L x 11.5" H x 12.6" D. The 38L is shown here and the dimensions are 15.75" L x 11.8" H x 12.6" D.

Hope that helps - any other questions, please let me know?

Thanks!
  20. al803

al803 Tenere700

Oddometer:
    I like the 25 litre because it doesnot look bulky. I will try measure my helmet so that I check if the helmet can fit if I turn it on one side...
    The 25l does not look square like the 29 and the 38 ones look...I like the 25l better...
    What is the price of the 25L and what are the shipping fees to Greece?
    Thanks again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.