Triumph Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Triumph Tigers' started by ScrambDaddy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. fbj913

fbj913 Adventure Aficionado

Oddometer:
    Just FYI, my Touratech side stand foot was a piece of shit. It fell off. I talked to Alt Rider and they said theirs is better attached and it doesn't get in the way of the center stand.
  2. ThomasVolomitz

ThomasVolomitz New Old Stock

Oddometer:
    At home regrouping, waiting for a break in the weather. Your CBR250 inspired me to buy a Ninja 250. Six of us doing the road enduro Sunday.
  3. markbvt

markbvt Long timer

Oddometer:
    Georgia, Vermont (that's one town, not two states)

As some of you know, I'm one of the cofounders of the Bennington Triumph Bash, an annual Triumph rally in southern Vermont. One of the other cofounders, Tito, moved out to Idaho earlier this year and was recently hired on as the Customer Relationship Marketing and Promotions Manager for Birds Of Prey Motorsports just outside of Boise. One of the things he's planning to do in his new role is start a western sister rally to the Bennington Triumph Bash.

Or, of course, you guys are always welcome to use the BTB as an excuse to ride east! You wouldn't be the first. First year we had a guy ride out from Seattle on his Bonneville.

--mark
  4. jphish

jphish Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Strider.Deano - I'm in. If in June, may want to do it earlier than later - avoid all the summer vacationing motorhomes, once school gets out & campgrounds fill up. Cheers, j
  5. jimjim

jimjim Just another FF!

Oddometer:
    Cool on the Ninja.

I may ride the enduro Sunday also.
  6. jcshew

jcshew Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Hi pilot3,

I'll take two please. Thanks.
  7. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Alt riders unit since they had to redesign it looks like crap. My Touratech has been on for nearly 2 years without issue. If yours fell off I suspect it was incorrectly fitted.

Sent from my Tiger 800
  8. pilot3

pilot3 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
  9. fbj913

Oddometer:
    incorrectly fitted? its not a space shuttle. it fell off because it bashed against the center stand over and over again while riding about 4,000 miles of all off-road. i had to tighten it over and over and eventually it fell off. its not durable at all and does NOT fit correctly with a center stand. i suppose if you just ride down the highway all the time it will last 2 years. ill take function over looks any day on a piece like this...
  10. KildareMan

KildareMan Long timer

Oddometer:
    Did you have the stronger centre stand spring installed (SB430)? I installed my foot with locktite. Never loosened and I ride all sorts of roads and tracks. I have found it to be totally durable. Admittedly I had to modify a corner for the centre stand but the foot was available before the centre stand. Alt Rider's 1st edition couldn't even be modified to fit, hence their mark 2 version. And to my mind it's not as secure looking as the touratech.

You might want to also consider
    http://www.amcmoto.co.uk/side-stand...side-stand-extension-pad-blue-after-2011.html
  11. Yossarian™

Yossarian™ Deputy Cultural Attaché

Oddometer:
    If I were going to get one today, this is the route I would take. That looks like a first rate piece.

I was the poster boy for the AltRider mk.I foot; in AltRider's defence, they came through with a mk.II as soon as I reported issues. It may not be perfect but it's pretty durable and as it's working just great, I'll keep using it.
  12. fbj913

Oddometer:
    glad yours has worked out. mine sucked. i'm pretty sure touratech knows it sucks too because they gave me a half refund just for telling them my story.
  13. the_babaji

the_babaji Long timer

Oddometer:

Funny, Opposite experience here, had an alt rider lost it in short order, have had the Touratech foot for what seems like ages and I haven't lost it yet.

Who knows, I may have smashed the Altrider on a rock and lost it that way.
  14. blacktiger

blacktiger Tigers R great.

Oddometer:
    Hey guys!!!!! The difference here is an XC against a roadie.........................:deal
  15. fbj913

Oddometer:
    just talked with the dealer a couple hours ago. my new Ohlins rear shock is on its way! I can't wait!!! :clap
  16. cug

cug Out riding ...

Oddometer:
    How much if I may ask?
  17. Johno33772

Johno33772 Johnny Africa

Oddometer:
    Installed the Hyperpro spring kit on my XC....big improvement over stock...the rear may be little stiff...but for $300 it was hard not to try the Springs...
  18. fbj913

Oddometer:
    not sure yet. i would call your dealer or do some googling...
  19. Xcountry-Rider

Xcountry-Rider Banned

Oddometer:
    Pine Valley, California (San Diego County)
    I ordered the the Triumph Tiger 800 radiator guard and it came yesterday, It goes for about 80 bucks or so. I wanted to give everyone a heads up that the grill guard pictured on the sales websites are not the actual radiator guard that comes in the mail. Its different and i think it actually looks better.

Picture on web sites
    [​IMG]

Actual Radiator Guard
    [​IMG]

Installed on the Bike.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually like the one that came better than the one pictured on the Triumph sites. Its cheaper than the Touratech and Altrider guards and i think its looks good on the bike.
  20. fbj913

Oddometer:

sorry but, is your front tire on backwards?