Archive thread for Rumbux Protection Bars for Super Tenere

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Dirty bike, May 3, 2012.

1. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    The current order is fully sold. I am building the next order now. Accepting pre-orders at this time. When I get to 4, I'll add a speculation unit and place the order. Right now, we are at 0, with two people on the fence. The sooner I can place the order, the sooner the bars will arrive in the US and at customer's doorsteps.

To answer some questions -

Yes, Rumbux does offer an add on bar for the OEM Yamaha bars. On the up side, you gain better side protection and rigidity since it adds another mounting point on each side and has much better side protection. On the down side, you can't get the crash bar mounted skid plate with the OEM add on set up.

The 3-piece full Rumbux set gives you the wrap around protection, PLUS the lower bash frame and it's skid plate that is mounted to the bash frame, NOT the oil sump. That's the real bonus and strength of the Rumbux full system, the skid plate being mounted to the lower bash frame instead of the engine's sump. For maximum protection, the 3-piece full Rumbux is the way to go. With the OEM Yamaha system and the Rumbux add on, you still need a skid plate and are limited to units that bolt to the engine oil sump, with the exception of the outstanding Ride On ADV unit that is bomb proof, but also costs nearly as much as the full Rumbux 3-piece unit.

All new Rumbux orders will be delivered with the thicker 4.5mm skid plate that is now standard. Honestly, the 3mm skid plate is pretty stout, but it's still a 600 lb bike and if you hit something immovable at a good clip, well you can use all the protection you can muster.

Please feel free to PM me or call if you have any questions not answered here. I can place another order as soon as I get the demand, so once pre-orders start happening, it can move along quickly. The usual 6-8 weeks from when I place the order to Rumbux is expected, but we have been enjoying fewer unexpeced delays now that I've done this many times. Customs no longer needs to "re-inspect" my shipments, as they all come from the same source and go to the same destination. The current order is expected to arrive stateside at the end of Feb if things continue to go well.

Do understand that Rumbux has raised prices as of 2/1/13, so my prices have gone up accordingly. I will post new pricing tomorrow. The one potential customer that contacted me recently will receive the quoted price.

Eric 435-817-0809
  2. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    New 2013 pricing will be as follows and still includes all shipping to your door:

Full Rumbux 3-piece set - Upper Crash bars, Lower Bash Frame, 4.5 Skid Plate - $775.00

Rumbux 2-piece set - Lower Bash Frame W/4.5 Skid plate - $475.00

Upper Add on Hoop to OEM Yamaha bars - (replaces the stock upper hoop to give better side protection, no skid plate option) - $375.00

Rumbux 3-piece Aux light brackets - (can be used with Yamaha/PIAA lights or others) - $40.00

Upgrade 4.5 mm Skid Plate - $75.00

My prices went up ~11%, but I'm keeping my increase to you lower than that to try and maintain a competitive pricing structure. The 4.5 mm Skid Plate is now standard on all orders, so this is only an upgrade for Rumbux customers already out there. As always, all prices include shipping to your door, never an additional charge beyond what's listed.

I currently have (1) person committed to the next order and another on the fence. I need to order at least 5 sets in order to make the shipping cost out. Shipping and transport, customs, etc. is the biggest cost to me in this process. Once I reach (4) pre-orders, I will place my order with Rumbux in SA, ordering (1) unit on speculation. Typically I order that as a full 3-Piece set and typically it's sold before it arrives in the US, but don't count on being the guy to get that set, please commit to the order if you want the product so that you won't miss out on the next order and have to wait until the next one builds.

At this point, it's looking like the next order placed with Rumbux will happen in the next two weeks, meaning delivery around the middle of April, just about the time many folks will be getting back out and riding more.

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to post them here, PM me, email me at eric.gonedark@gmail.com or call me at 435-817-0809

Eric V
  3. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    For those that missed the order in process, the next order is building and is up to 3... so now is the time to jump in and get on the order that will bring your bars to you by spring!!

Give me a call or ask your questions now so that you can have your bars mid April when Momma Nature starts to let up and we can go riding!

Eric V.
    435-817-0809
  4. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Ok, for anyone interested in the Rumbux crash protection, the minimum has been reached for the next order and I will be placing that order on Wed Feb. 20th. This order will arrive on peoples door steps in early to mid April, just in time for Spring riding for many, so now is a good time to jump in and be prepared for Spring Adventures.

Give me a call at 435-817-0809 to order.

Questions? Post here, send me a PM/email or feel free to give me a call and I'm happy to answer them.

Eric V.

Where will your Super Tenere take you?
    Rumbux Protected!
    [​IMG]
    Dante's View, Death Valley, CA
    [​IMG]
    Black Rock of the Gunnison N.P.
    [​IMG]
    Remote Nevada, catching a full, ground to ground rainbow in between storm cells.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  5. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Update on the January order - This is expected in Las Vegas on Friday 2/22/13.

Feb. Order - I will be placing this today, so still taking customer orders until 12:30 MST this afternoon. After that, I will be building pre-orders for the next batch.

Thanks everyone!
  6. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    The January order is shipping to customers now. If you haven't already, you should receive an email with your tracking number this week.

The February order was placed on 2/20/13. I sent the first update out by email today, if you are in that order and have not gotten an email update, please let me know by PM or email, as I may have erred on your email addy.

i am taking pre-orders that will again build until a qty of 5 is reached and another order will be placed with Rumbux SA.
  7. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I had (1) OE add on Rumbux bar available and in stock, it has been sold.

The orange part in the first pic is what you get. It adds much better side protection, especially for the side mounted radiator, and greater rigidity with the additional mounting point at each side. This replaces the Yamaha upper hoop. This is last year's price since it came on the order before the price increase. Future orders for this will be at the $375.00 price listed in the 2013 pricing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Just a heads up for anyone considering the Rumbux Crashbar/Skid Plate. I generally place an order when I get to 5 pre-orders, needing at least that many to offset the shipping costs. I am at 3 pre-orders now, so if you're on the fence, now is the time to ask questions and jump on this order that should be delivered to customers in early May.

I will be out of the country between March 17th and March 28th and unable to take phone calls, but with limited internet access. If I can get a couple of more people this week to place pre-orders with me, I can possibly get the order placed with Rumbux in South Africa before I leave. That puts the deliveries a couple of weeks earlier than if I have to wait until after I'm back to place the order, and puts the bars in your hands that much sooner too.

I'm happy to have questions posted on the forum, it just puts the answers here too. That said, PMs and phone calls are also fine. If you are ready to order or have a question and would like to chat, give me a call at 435-817-0809.

Thanks!

Eric V.
  9. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Because I am going out of town, I went ahead and placed the next order today in the hopes that the customers on board for this order will receive their crash bars in early May. I have two full 3 Part Crashbar/Skidplate sets on order that are not spoken for.

If you want one of these, I will be available until Friday morning 3/17 to take your info. After that, I will have no phone access and only limited email, so will try to keep track of interest, but will not be able to take your CC info until after the 28th.

The order for April delivery is on track and going well, (and fully sold).

Thanks!

Eric V
  10. ridefire

ridefire Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Please put me down for a full set , email and pm sent
  11. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Hi everyone!

Ok, I am going to place a new order with Rumbux tomorrow, April 9th. These crash bars will be delivered to customers mid-May with the normal 6-8 weeks lead time from when the order is placed. There will be a gap in orders after that until July as I'm going to be unavailable due to the IBR.

Rumbux has a couple of new products coming out. They are working on a 3 part kit for the BMW F800GS and the new KTM 1290 Adventure. Another one is a soft pannier support system for the Super Tenere. I can sell these, (the soft pannier brackets), shipping included, for $200.00 for peeps in the lower 48. This is an introductory price and may go up for the next order. Shipping size should be small enough that I can make this work for AK and CAN, but those will be quoted on an individual basis.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If you want in on this order, please give me a call Tuesday. Same bat phone, 435-817-0809. I'll be out until 11 am or so MDT. After that, I'll be available.

Thanks!

Eric V.
  12. MooMoo

MooMoo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM sent.
  13. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    I updated the first post in this thread with Torque spec info.

We are getting close to delivery on the order in progress and I do still have some 3-Part kits un-spoken for. These should get to customers by mid May, so if you're in the market for a Rumbux 3-Part kit, it's a good time to give me a call. ;)

Note that I am also taking pre-orders for the next shipment. This will be ordered at the end of June and be an August delivery to customers. I'm trying to avoid too long a gap while I am gone in July, so will hold CC info until the end of June and only bill CCs when I place the order with Rumbux in South Africa, (same as always). While I typically do pad the orders with a couple of sets, the sure way to get what you want is to pre-order it now so you're locked in.
  14. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    It has and continues to be a learning curve for me, but I hope to continue to improve service and availabilty. I really need to work on a web site next, but July will be busy with other things and I'll be back at shipping Rumbux orders in August. I will be placing an order at the end of June, so if you're wanting Rumbux crash bars or pannier brackets, etc. Please consider giving me a call and placing your pre-order between now and June 21st. That order will get delivered to customers in early August.

And I do still have some 3-Part kits that are heading this way next week from South Africa, but availability is limited.
  15. luni

luni Non-artic explorer

Oddometer:
    Finally found a use for the left over packing.

[​IMG]

Goin camping!
    FREDO RIDER likes this.
  16. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    This is the new warning page that will go out with every 2-part and 3-part Rumbux kit I sell. I'll be editing this into the first post as well. It's intended to make riders aware of the dangers, not scare them off the product. But I'm sure I'll lose a few customers because of it. At some point, every bike will drag hard parts, but I want people to understand the potential risks. Most Super Ten riders probably will never scrape pegs, but there certainly is a contingent that does. ::008::

*****!Warning!*****!Warning!*****!Warning!*****

Adding aftermarket accessories to your motorcycle can alter the ground clearance. You may need to adjust your riding style to avoid contact with the ground during aggressive cornering or on uneven ground.

When properly installed, this Rumbux Crash Bar will cause your Super Tenere to be wider and lower than prior to it's installation. Because of this, it is possible to contact the ground just after the left side footpeg feeler will scrape during high lean angle turns and before the center stand contacts on the right side. This can result in levering the rear wheel off the ground, and directly or indirectly cause a crash resulting in motorcycle damage, injury or death!

By installing this product you are accepting responsibility for your own actions!

EVal Innovations can not control how you ride. Please use caution until you understand if and how the installation of your new Rumbux crash bar system impacts your riding style.

EVal Innovations Inc. is not liable for injuries or damages resulting from crashes where the crash bars may have contacted the ground during riding. By installing Rumbux Adventure Products on your motorcycle, you implicitly accept these terms, and responsibility for your actions of choosing to install this product and choosing to ride in a manner which could cause motorcycle damage, injury or death.

Motorcycling is an inherently dangerous activity. Please ride aware, ride safe and ride often.

Thank you for your purchase!
    -------------------------------------

The actual page has the "warning!" in red, but yellow shows up better here.
  17. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Just bumping the thread to let people know that I am back from my vacation, (riding the IBR and wandering home on the back roads with the wife).

I am building an order that I hope to place with Rumbux in Sourth Africa in the next two weeks. If you're interested or have questions, now is an excellent time to contact me.

Pricing remains the same at this time:

Full 3-Part Kit - Fulling integrated system of Upper Crash Bars, Lower Bash Frame & Skid Plate - $775 delivered to your door.

2-Part Kit - Lower Bash Frame & Skid Plate - $475 delivered to your door.
    (This uses the same parts from the 3-Part kit and the Upper Crash bars can be added later)

OEM Add On Upper Crash Bars - $375 delivered to your door.
    (This replaces the upper hoop on the Yamaha® OEM crash bars, adding greater radiator and body protection.)

Soft Pannier Brackets - $200 delivered.

Light Brackets - $40 (Free shipping with any other product, otherwise $6 shipping in the lower 48.

4.5 mm Skid Plate - $80 shipped.
    (This is standard now, but older units had 3mm thick Skid Plates)

All prices included delivery to the Lower 48 US States, residential or business. AK can be done for the 2-Part via USPS. Canada is an extra $100, but I am willing to ship to a UPS store location in the US, which will hold the product for a small fee.

I am also able to get Rumbux crash bars for the BMW F650/700/800 series bikes and the KTM 1190 Adventure. Pricing should be comparable, but I have not seen Rumbux pricing on those as yet.

This order should reach customers at the beginning of October.

PM and emails are great too. Phone is 435-817-0809 9am to 9 pm MDT appreciated.

Eric V.
    EVal Innovations Inc.
    Ivins, UT
  18. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Bumping this thread for the new order. I have 3 on board and will be placing a new order with Rumbux shortly if we can get a couple more on board. Everything is the same, except I have lowered the price on the three part kit. Current pricing is as follows. Feel free to re-post this to other forums along with my email addy eric.gonedark@gmail.com The KTM boards or GS800 guys might be interested, but I'm having difficulty getting on the KTM board due to their policies and I'm not willing to violate their forum rules. All prices are with free shipping in the lower 48 US states.

S10 3-Part kit (Upper crash bars, lower bash frame & skid plate) - $775
    S10 2-Part kit (lower bash frame and skid plate) - $475
    OEM Add on upper crash bars for the Yamaha OEM bars, (replaces the oem upper hoop with better side protection) - $375
    Light brackets, (pair), for OEM Halogen (can be used for most single post lights too) - $40 with any order. Separate would be plus shipping costs.
    S10 Soft Pannier brakcets - $250
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fyWzv78eI

S10 Upper crash bars - $350 (shipping kills me on these, same size box as a full 3-Part kit, and same shipping cost)

F800GS 3-Part kit - $800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MwdRh2sKjo

KTM 1190 3-Part kit - $800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__7F9avIz9E

Got questions? Please ask them! PM and email are fine too.
  19. Buster452

Buster452 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Unless you enjoy doing a bit of cutting, fabricating and welding the happy trails crash bars don't play well with the rumbux lowers.

I had the happy trails already when I wanted to add a skid plate. The rumbux was the top of my list for a skid plate, so I figured I'd see if it worked well with the Happy Trails crash bars.

The rumbux and happy trails both use the same forward mount points on the side of the bike. A friend with a welder and some creativity helped me get the happy trails mounted along with the rumbux.

The right side wasn't too bad. All we had to do was stack the happy trails mount tab on top of the mount tab for the rumbux. For this, we cut the happy trails mount tab off, shorted it up the width of the mount tab and welded back on.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The left side was a mess though. They both mount to the tab under the radiator and the rumbux tubing was sticking out so I couldn't stack the mount tabs. We had to cut and reroute the happy trail tubing round the rumbux. While we were at it, I noticed that the piece that holds the lower radiator was gone so we welded a chunk of pipe to hold the lower radiator also.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'm happy with the results, but if I were to do it over again I would purchase the full rumbux setup. I have some pretty stout protection for the bike with this combo now though.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Thanks for posting the pictures Buster. Glad you had the skills and friends to get it working for you, but wow, a bit more work than expected.

Looks great and should protect the bike very well.:clap