Westfest 2013

Discussion in 'The Rockies – It's all downhill from here...' started by COXR650L, Nov 19, 2012.

1. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just want to chime in that if any riders are holding out because of the well publicized fires around Colorado - they are not in areas close to the WF site. We have also been getting a lot of rain lately so that is helping supress the fires that are or were still burning. This is a great area to ride and I am really looking forward to this event.
  2. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I sure appreciate all you are doing Ben. Can't imagine the time you've spent. Part of my thanks will be an ear to ear grin at Taylor Park! :D

BTW....just signed up Michael (my 21 YO son). He's official. Arriving Wedn for a little Gunnison Spur action on Thurs (AKA Doctor Park). Anybody else interested? Not a noob trail, but not a real hard one either. Just plain ol fun....with a few climbs and a likely deep water crossing....that you can avoid if you bail out early.
  3. in2dabluz

in2dabluz ARTFUL DODGER

Oddometer:

Hey, Got any soap I can borrow ?
  4. in2dabluz

in2dabluz ARTFUL DODGER

Oddometer:
    COUNT ME "IN" !

FINALLY had to tell the boss "TAKE THIS JOB AND SHOVE IT"
    Richard Cranium wouldn't give me any time off for what I want to do,
    SO, It's 5 o'clock somewhere :1drink

NOW when I wake up, everyday is a S A T U R D A Y :clap

Seizure later in Bueny . . .
  5. Pablo83

Pablo83 Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer:
    Wow, he's 21 already? Guess I should buy him a beer.
  6. delta21

delta21 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Hi Y'all. I drove over Cottonwood pass last night(this morning) around 0100 the temp on the jeep showed a chilly 41 degrees. So you Dixie folks bring some warm gear :)
    It has snowed measureable amounts every month of the year here in Colorado!
    Ride safe
  7. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    What are you doin, trying to get a good campsite? :rofl

Good point about warm stuff...a good rain jacket is a must-have too on the trail. The monsoons are here...at least currently.
  8. delta21

delta21 Long timer

Oddometer:

Actualy, we were East-bound. We had been camping Northwest of the lake but had to break camp around midnight due to a sick family member (it's no fun leaking out of both ends in the woods)

We stopped at the divide, I usually feel that I am over prepared for the outdoors but I was reminded that "Nature can be a mother" here in Colorado. If you were not prepared for near freezing temps in July I think you could get into trouble in a hurry.

We saw a bunch of tourist last year in Silverton the weekend of RMAR in rental side by sides with nothing but shorts and t shirts all but freezing to death (kinda funny to see but also potentially serious)
  9. Trl Rdr

Trl Rdr Big Red Bird

Oddometer:
    Got my reservations in!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
  10. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:

Got you down and congrats, so a summer full of riding with no job to hold you back:deal Cheers:freaky:lol3

TRL RDR...Got you down, see you there!

Dave..... I got Michael's reg! We are happy to do it, I hope everyone has a good time.

I have been in TP the last two weekend, both times getting in before the sun came up and yes it was chilly. Last saturday as I was leaving I just got to the top of Cottonwoods around 3pm and it looked like a real thunder storm was rolling though the valley. Luckily Arrowhead Point is a lot lower though so no one should freeze to death:eek1
  11. MotoMinded

MotoMinded Rally On Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    IN :clap
  12. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:

Thats awesome, got you down. I am looking forward to seeing your bike, I love the look of your rally kit:deal
  13. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:

Also if people are interested in getting a t-shirt inmate Hayduke is making them again this year.......

14. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    So regarding the $10 per rider to COHVCO.

I want to apologize about the confusion I created over this statement. When I first decided to do Westfest last November I said I would give $10 from each registration to COHVCO. I did not really consider a lot of budget issues, probably over estimated attendance, and mostly based this off what was done at the last Westfest.

A few months ago as the expenses for this event started to come in and it was apparent I was not getting the number of registrations I originally expected, I amended that statement, $10 per registration *after expenses are covered. I have used my savings to pay for Westfest and the unfortunate truth is I do not have the additional money to pay COHVCO out of my pocket, trust me I wish I did!

The original statement was an oversight and a mistake on my part and I should have been more diligent estimating expenses, it was not meant as any kind of bait and switch, and I apologize to anyone that feels mislead or deceived. Right now I cannot say for sure how much will go to COHVCO, it may end up being $10 per person or it may be less, until the event gets closer I don’t know, but rest assured I will do my best to put as much money as possible towards COHVCO. If anyone feels this was done purposefully to mislead them into registering, I am sincerely sorry and will certainly give them a refund if they want.

Ben
  15. trailjammer

trailjammer Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Thanks for keeping everyone updated Ben. Ben is a top notch guy and great to work with. I fully trust him. Don't let that little hiccup stop anyone from registering. Have some great rides!
    -Cain
    Trailjammer Designs
  16. CaptRick

CaptRick Still crazy..... Supporter

Oddometer:
    Ben,

First I want to thank you in advance for all the work you are doing to make this happen. I think you should pass the het around for some additional contributions and I for one would be more than happy to kick in some more $$ for COHVCO and to make sure you do not lose any money on the event.
    I am really looking forward to this!
  17. eddyturn

eddyturn Eternal Wannabe Supporter

Oddometer:
    +1
  18. JStory

JStory Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    + one more.
  19. COXR650L

COXR650L Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks guys for the responses, I dont want any additional money, just wanted people to know whats going on. Regardless if the $10 is meet or not, we will still pass a hat around Saturday night to help preserve and fund a lot of what we rode during the weekend.
  20. dmac1

dmac1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Either way, I'm in. Thanks Ben!!