Rideforsmiles, Solo Australian to Africa Europe and Beyond, starting June 26th 2011.

Discussion in 'Ride Reports - Epic Rides' started by rideforsmiles, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowPro

TowPro Single Track Geezer

Oddometer:
    Sheldon is trying to run his view count up. Its working :clap

This picture could also be posted over here.
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484912
  2. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:

Exactly mate if Ewa get's 4 thousand hits a day she will be past me in a few months, I've already got shrinkage looking over my shoulder so I thought two can play at that game, she can be all nice and angelic, write nice things, post pictures of butterflies and shit like that and Ill just go full on Kangarude :rofl:rofl:rofl
  3. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    As you already know went around Esteli doing the nausea nausea si si si routine yesterday and got myself some doses of the good stuff, an afternoon then morning dose of blood pressure pills, stroke pills, some puffer thing im not even sure what it is, some other pill that is called spasmo something and my anti malarial pills along with a few syrups they recommended and im feeling great, don't know which one hit the spot but one of them did. I feel like I'm 20 again taking all these pills. :rofl

[​IMG]

Hit the spot enough for me to take Ewa's new safety gear for a whirl. The pliability of these bike trousers is fantastic, they stretch into place nicely giving them a real snug feel.

[​IMG]

Time for a workout to see how they will go on the motorbike, well after a grueling 4 hour session on the treadmill at the local gymnasium they did tend to slide down a little but I think a good set of $10 braces would solve that issue.

[​IMG]

I think I might of taken one to many of those Spasmo pills.
  4. mettalique

mettalique Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    :puke1 those last couple of pics are far too much information:eek1
  5. OldPete

OldPete Be aware

Oddometer:

Rather imprinting ain't it. :puke1
    What is seen can't be unseen. :eek1 :lol3

Ya doin' a double dose of :jose:jose

Please get well and start travlin'. :ricky

I bet the OP watched The Paul Hogan Show as a youngster. Gads! I liked that show.
  6. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:

I guess to be fair I could of left it till after Valentine's day to review Ev's new safety gear, it might of killed the mood of the day a little. :rofl
  7. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    See it isn't just me on the wrong side of the road down here in Central America, it's just the way we roll in this part of the world. All in a beautiful days ride the capitol of Nicaragua, Managua.

8. Cameleer

Cameleer Back to Real Life

Oddometer:
    Best comment is No Comment ha haa! All the best! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:

Hey Kiko how are you mate? As for the no comment, come on your telling me you don't wear snug fitting safety gear when you are flying those big A380's, I hear this kind of stuff its good for deep vein thrombosis :lol3

Ride and fly safe my friend Ill review them again in Bolivia for altitude testing and post the updates just for you :rofl
  10. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    We left Esteli feeling good and headed to Managua here's a short video of a relaxing fun ride.

11. RoadRdr

RoadRdr Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    :clap:clap::clap I liked the video and background song. I came into this late now have to backtrack through your RR.
    Be safe.
  12. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    We only spent the night in Managua the hotel was basic and pretty much on the expensive side for what and where it was so didn't even feel enticed in the slightest to stay another night, really just another big city. Ewa had heard that Granada was nicer so that's what we did got up packed the bike and rode over to there. It was only about 100 k's I think didn't take us long at all, we only managed to get lost twice which was a bonus but all good stopped and talked to a few people along the way, well Ewa did I make sounds and jibber rubbish waving my arms around, I still reckon it's me they understand Granada Granada Granada point point point si si si seems to work nearly every time. The road was dual lane separated road, I wouldn't called dual lane expressway but close enough in Central American terms, made for easy riding anyway.

We were riding along and I saw a nice restaurant that looked like it had amazing views back over one of the volcanos in this region so we did a U-turn and headed back for a drink, and of course I threw a burger into me as well, hey got to keep the economy going now don't you.

We finished off in a hurry when the mariachi dudes arrived, Im not listening to them pump it out in my ear when Im trying to be romantic with Ev, it was valentines day after all, you know it doesn't take much to line up a few future massages, a kiss on the cheek here, a hold of the hand there, that keeps em happy, I've actually had to step up my game, she has been blogging like a maniac, making videos, looking through pictures, she just doesn't have the time she used to for me, she better be writing a dam good blog as im missing out on quality massage time if it keeps up im getting her pc stolen on purpose.

We arrived in Granada, its a nice enough town, plenty of el gringos here, its the most I've actually seen in any of the Central American towns, the only thing I can put it down to is that its just over the border to Costa Rica which they say is full on touristy. We rode around for awhile and eventually found a hostel 9 bucks a night each yep you guest it, Ev's pick, I guess it will be ok there is a fan in the room and two crusty looking pillows on a slab of concrete they call a bed, a share toilet that has an open section right next to the common area so if someone is watching tv other than a 7 foot wall that is open to the room at the top your going to the toilet about 10 feet from there head, just lovely, Ewa and her shitholes seriously. I guess the good news is with that is if me and Ev ever did happen to stay together (I know I feel sorry for her to if that happened) in the future I could just build two man sheds and chuck a portable toilet out the door of one of them and she would be happy, I could even park my bikes in her side of the shed ooops I mean the side with the kitchen in it, if she reads this that should pretty much seal the deal that we will go our separate ways at some point :rofl

Anyway enough jibber here's a few photos from Granada .

Lovely architecture everywhere .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was a classic we were sitting down for a drink and along comes this sales dude, usually they are carrying sunglasses jewelry etc but this guy was carrying a chainsaw and a sander, go figure hey someone must of bought one once to set the ball rolling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oh gawd here she goes cya later alligator im off to watch the football

[​IMG]

Plenty of color here in Granada.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  13. johnno950

johnno950 Long timer

Oddometer:
  14. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    I like the look of that workout Johnno

15. johnno950

johnno950 Long timer

Oddometer:
    That footage would have to be late seventys/early eightys?,karen west:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1
  16. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:

This footage would have to be 10 or 20 minutes ago Ewa Domagala:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1:eek1 This is the kind of attack I have to put up with it's just not right, I let her lash out on a new $1 top and I get woken up to the "is this nice, is this nice, is this nice" Im going to have sleep with a big stick next to my bed if this continues. The things you have to go through to enjoy a trip around the world on a motorcycle, it's not all fun and games you know guys, some times its tough, real tough.

[​IMG]
  17. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    After spending 2 nights in Granada we decided it was time to hit the road time is getting short to get to San Blas to get the boat to Colombia only a few weeks to go. it was only about 100k ride today, if that so a very easy, we had all good intentions of stopping at San Jorge and maybe going over to the island where there is a volcano on it but after lunch and being told the really beautiful part was on the other coast the decision was made to travel a little further to San Juan Sur.

A quick ride along the beach at San Jorge.

One of the stalls along the way, the road was in great condition but pretty boring straight riding and the scenery was flat farmland with a strong cross wind which made riding a little less enjoyable, it reminded me that I haven't ridden in real windy conditions for awhile, the conditions as a rule have been very good for motorcycling here in Central America.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Im guessing this is St Jorge but man it looked like a chick.

[​IMG]

See what I mean.

[​IMG]

The view over to the volcano on the island in Lake Nicaragua, read Ewa's blog she will have the name of it, its looking over from the shores of San Jorge anyway.

[​IMG]

Contemplating the meaning of life, oh ok I was deciding on either a burger or a steak, but that's a big decision for me.

[​IMG]

We decided to hit the road after lunch and came across these guys playing their baseball competition in the middle of a ploughed cane field, I just had to stop and watch for awhile, Im not a massive baseball fan bit I am a sports fan and to see any game being played on a pitch in this condition you know they love the game so that is good enough for me.

The first ball is in the zone.

[​IMG]

He swings its a high fly ball to centre field and he is outa here the Houston Astro's win the world series.

[​IMG]

So we head off down the road then all of a sudden we have a disagreement, Ewa wants to go one way and I want to go another.

[​IMG]
  18. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    Went for ride out to Playa Hermosa for the night its pretty relaxing out there laying around in the sun taking in the scenery. On the way back we unfortunately got a flat tyre but as per my luck it stayed up till we got back to town and the hotel in San Juan Del Sur, I'll worry about that another day, don't want to over do now do I.

We rode out to of San Juan Play which is the port town to find a nice beach and surf camp and came across Playa Hermosa, the surf here isn't that flash at the moment im sure there would be waves here at times but nothing that I would call a world class break, the beach had rock outcrops further out the back which would most definitely reduce the wave strength at this beach. We spent the night at the surf camp which was nice enough but nothing to flash. We had a fun night the rooms were all open at the top so you could hear everything from the other rooms. There was a family staying in one of them and the kids started crying and about 30 seconds later there's a yell from the room next to theirs from a girl, screaming "shut those friggen kids up" :rofl bloody hilarious Id hate to think how that girl is going to go being a parent, I knew the parents of the kids wouldn't say anything and thought about shouting up go fuck yourself on their behalf but in the end just shut my mouth and rolled over and had a laugh with Ewa about it.

While we were lying there I felt the building rock a little I said to Ewa that was an earthquake and she said no that was the couple next door, but I have felt a few earthquakes in my time and this definitely was one so I went online and checked it out and sure enough there was a earthquake not far over the border in Costa Rica and it had been blogged that it was felt in Nicaragua. I told Ev stories about the horrific tsunamis in Japan and Asia and told her that if you ever see the water receding from the shore line run for the hills but the bad news for us tonight is we will be asleep when it happens so we might be an trouble, needless to say she has dreaming about earthquakes and tsunamis all night the poor darling :rofl

Here's Ev enjoying a relax on the beach front after we arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time to ride.

19. 805gregg

805gregg Long timer

Oddometer:
    [

[​IMG]

Hit the spot enough for me to take Ewa's new safety gear for a whirl. The pliability of these bike trousers is fantastic, they stretch into place nicely giving them a real snug feel.

[​IMG]

Time for a workout to see how they will go on the motorbike, well after a grueling 4 hour session on the treadmill at the local gymnasium they did tend to slide down a little but I think a good set of $10 braces would solve that issue.

[​IMG]

I think I might of taken one to many of those Spasmo pills.[/QUOTE]

That e-cycle will never get you to a McD's, especially if you trip on your drawers
  20. rideforsmiles

rideforsmiles Sheldon

Oddometer:
    That e-cycle will never get you to a McD's, especially if you trip on your drawers[/QUOTE]

I just want to go on record to say that I was only TESTING out Ewa's new safety gear for you guys out there :rofl
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.