KTM Advenure Windscreen

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by Happy Pants, Mar 17, 2005.

1. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    I second that emotion :nod

Sweet screen WS! And nice install. You're gonna get a reputation if you keep this up :lol3
  2. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    Hey Creep, are you prescient? I read the post 5 times and can't find a price, dealbreaker or not.... :deal
  3. creeper

creeper Still alive...

Oddometer:
    It's on the Santa Cruz BMW link... honey.
  4. 2 SPOT

2 SPOT bring the rape whistle

Oddometer:
    click the link and look on the right side, it clearly states $129 or somethin:lol3
  5. WageSlave

WageSlave Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    A good reputation around here would be a welcome thing.
  6. ChrisC

ChrisC Amal sex?

Oddometer:
    That's waaaay to fuckin' complicated for my tired ol' ass, but thanks... baby :huh
  7. PASSMORE

PASSMORE Just the last name...

Oddometer:
    absolutely agree :thumb

Much better than the stock F650 mod.

Nicely executed as well.
  8. Carlos M

Carlos M www.motoxplorers.com

Oddometer:
    Thank you! Looks clean and it ain't expensive.:clap :clap

Please let us know your impressions after riding it.
  9. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    Hey Loaded,

Just to cover all bases, this never went anywhere? With the WonderLick screen that WageSlave mounted looking pretty good (awaiting ride report) perhaps other options are not so desirable - unless the mounting and such is smooth. Velo wants adjustability but that, I am guessing, wouldn't be cheap.
  10. WageSlave

Oddometer:
    I rode the bike quite a bit last week. The wind is being deflected higher (as if I'd expected anything else) than stock. The gap between the Wunderlich screen and the stock screen allows for air circulation, there's no turbulence behind the screen. At speed I feel no airflow with my hand until I move it up above the Wunderlich screen (sorry guys but I don't own a windtunnel, slow mo' camera, and smoke machine). Air flow is currently directed in such a way that it is contacting the top of the helmet (not chest and above as was the case with the stock wind screen alone). I may post an ad on craigslist.com for a female research fellow who'd be willing to ride in front of me, taking appropriate measurements as I pilot the bike.

When wearing my Arai XD helmet, with visor in place, the Wunderlich screen isn't causing any significant turbulence or buffeting. The only buffeting I've encountered with the Arai XD has been from gusty cross winds (the wind screen does nothing for cross wind) and when turning to look over my shoulder to check lanes (that action seems to position the helmet outside of the "zone" provided by the Wunderlich screen so the visor is caught by the jet stream).

Wind noise overall is reduced as well (though with the XD there's always more wind noise than with my Scorpion EXO-700). Due to my recent (a + b + c = d) mishap (where a = dark room, b = toys on floor, c = bunk bed, and d = great photo op) I'm wearing the XD on all rides for the time being since its fit is slightly more relaxed than that of my Scorpion (the later fits better). Doc said no anything (riding, exercise, exertion) for two weeks... whatever! I figure that riding with the Arai XD will reduce the chance of complications arising from pressure around the eyes.

d = [​IMG]

The rain has hit here as of this morning, although that could provide for an interesting ride report... put the face shield up and ride, see how much water I get in the face! With the eye though... that probably wouldn't be on the list of brighter things I've done.

I plan to drill some more holes this weekend (plugging the existing holes temporarily), bringing the Wunderlich screen up another 2 inches or so, to see if there's any noticable difference in the above mentioned results. I suspect that due to the curvature of the stock screen and that of the Wunderlich screen I've come pretty close to max beneficial effect. But I'll look into this more closely once I've got the drill in my grubby paws. [​IMG]
  11. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    OMG, it's storming up here too; and I hear over in the Sacramento area... the whole state is covered in rain :eek1
  12. meat popsicle

meat popsicle Ignostic

Oddometer:
    So you are going to try relocating the screen? creeper would be proud; he does so luv to drill holes in his fairing!
  13. WageSlave

Oddometer:
    I'm a pioneer, clearing the way for others who may follow.

In for a penny... in for a pound.

Blah, blah, blah
  14. Carlos M

Oddometer:
    WG,

Thanks for your report! Can you post your measures? height, inseam... and is your seat the standard one?

Thanks again! Hopefully I'll wait for the end of your experiments, so that I'll get by with just three holes in my fairing :D Not that my cosmetics are that beautifull anyway :D

Sorry about the a+b+c+d thing. A friend of mine once stepped on a hoe (?) in a kennel in the dark and got hit by the handle straight in the forehead. He though he was being assaulted and shitted his pants, cried for his wife :D really comic shit :D
  15. WageSlave

Oddometer:
    I hope, for your sake, that your buddy doesn't read this thread.

My bike has the stock seat.

My stats... (hmmmm why do I suddenly feel like a contestant on the Dating Game?):
    Height: 6' (182.88cm)
    Inseam: 32" (81.28cm)

A few of my favorite things: walking on the beach, sunsets, the scent of freshly mown grass, bee stings, snake bites, abrasions, photos of personal injuries I've sustained (though video footage of the actual incident is preferable), etc., etc.
  16. Carlos M

Oddometer:
    Thank you. You are almost the perfect guinea pig :D , I'm about the same height (183 cm) and longer legged - 88 cm inseam (34.6"), so your results will apply. And thanks for the metric conversions:thumb

My friend is now over is accident, he had a good laugh about the hoe thing :D
  17. thechickencow

thechickencow Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I realize this thread is old as hell, but WageSlave (hopefully you'll see this), how is that windscreen working for you?

I'm 6'4, 34" inseam, and looking for something that'd hopefully get my head out of hte wind a little bit more than stock.