A noob goes racing

Discussion in 'Racing' started by eatpasta, Jan 15, 2010.

1. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    Fukin' A bubba
  2. eatpasta

eatpasta Lawnmower Target Supporter

Oddometer:
    cant wait to see it in action

:thumb
  3. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    The bike will be awesome, me :dunno I have been eating fake hostess products and other various crap, I was drinking like a fish but have curtailed that activity. I'm sure I can race myself into shape by the national :D
  4. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    I envy your training regime and wish it worked for me as well.

However..... :huh .... that kind of activity will NOT help me at the SB Triathlon this year..... (sprint tri..... but still)
  5. Stretchah

Stretchah Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Nooooooo, I've reached the current end of the thread..... you guys have kept me entertained for the last week or so on the train to work. Great work eatpasta and the racing Obi-wan (Mike) just wish I lived across the pond and could join you for some of these races. Currently waiting for the head to be welded and new valve seats added then I'll be raring to get some practice in with the aim of going racing :)
    Although my fitness level is way low...hoping to ride into shape ;) thanks for the inspirational thread and keep going.... amazing to see how much you've improved over the course of the thread :)

I'll be heading over to Bluebull's thread, but, am looking to hear about more of your exploits oh and love the videos :)
  6. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    Really glad you enjoyed it! In the beginning I really wanted to be able to go back and see for myself what it was like to start racing but people seem to enjoy it - which is great.
    I would think though that the thread has run its course....
  7. Stretchah

Oddometer:
    It was great and yes, I guess you're no longer a noob now :) Well, good luck for your future races :)
  8. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    I think I might disagree

:lol3

Im still a noob having not done two loops yet. but perhaps one day ill have it in me to do so.

Oh! I met a fellow Londoner last night..... you may recognize her....

[​IMG]
  9. Stretchah

Oddometer:
    I'm afraid not, although, wouldn't mind knowing her :D
  10. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    Sarah Champion. A few years ago an amazing couple stayed with me on the tail end of their year long world trip - James and Emily. They are from London and contacted me via the Tent Space thread on this site. Well a week or so ago James mailed me and said a friend of his was in town and we should meet up.
    So the wife and I had a great time with Sarah and her man Lee the other night. Its enough to make me think about moving to the UK! Except apparently there's never any sun..... so.....
  11. Stretchah

Oddometer:
    Cool, it never ceases to amaze me how biking brings people together, it's a great life.. I think you'd definitely miss the sun althiugh o tye upside it's a bit rarer that you overheat on a ride...
    We also have a lack of desert and a lot of our green lanes are controlled or are bei g made no access...I think you guys win on the freedom to ride off road from what I've seen. We do have some great lanes though and a fair bit of mud to enjoy :D
  12. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    its on my bucket list to head over the pond and spend about a month looking around England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man, Ireland etc.
    Travel is enough for a lifetime but a lifetime is never enough for travel....

I'm thinkin about doing another video for this last Grand Prix that I did on Saturday...... it was a freakin HOOT. Hillclimbs, steep rocky bits, Supermoto style through a parking lot?!, onto a car racing dirt oval kind of thing, up stairs onto a trestle?? so much fun!
  13. CramerTV

CramerTV Still eating dust

Oddometer:
    That was my first GP and I had an absolute blast. I forgot my GoPro and am so sorry I did. It would have made for some fun scenes.
  14. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    i know!! how much fun was that? These Grand Prix's are spoiling me.... gunna make me so much more of a pansy for the desert
  15. eatpasta

Oddometer:
  16. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    Ive been tryin to strengthen like crazy for the past couple of weeks. Im feeling better and feeling stronger but im still going to get my ass handed to me. I just have to be mindful to not push early. I need to take the first lap easy and then maybe I can open it up.

I took the 525 to work yesterday and its running well - I just need to check it over once more before sunday.

After work I managed to sneak out for a few hours on the 650L and I cannot believe how much different the two bikes are AND they are both dirt bikes. The KTM might as well be a space ship.

Either way, I got into some dirt and was able to have some fire road fun.

It's been MANY months since I have even touched the dirt.... so sunday should be interesting.

:lol3

My core and my hands are sore, so I need to heal for the next couple of days

Here's the flier for Sunday

[​IMG]
  17. eatpasta

Oddometer:
    Rough weekend at Prospectors.

There was a fatality on Saturday - Steve Kirk passed away from an apparent heart attack.

In addition to that, there were a lot of injuries requiring people to go to the hospital.

Sunday was no different and our heat was more than an hour behind by the time we lined up. We waiting an additional hour on the grid so they could extract a racer on a stretcher.

All of this was sobering enough for me to NOT want to start on the 2nd row where I was supposed to be - I went straight to the back.

I had a blast - no accidents, just having fun on a sunday afternoon swapping spots with a few riders.

This is what makes racing so cool - me and this guy went back an forth the whole race and made a new buddy.

[​IMG]

garfey, KZJohn and The_Eccentric like this.