W.A.R.D.S. of the State NC

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by SkylineKeith, Dec 10, 2007.

1. wparkinson

wparkinson Gear Whore

Oddometer:
    Hey Gunny did you bring your frufru coffee today :D ... Looks like yall had a good time..

Yo G the TM's won't last as long as that thing you had on before but you will learn to love it for the price. I can't wait to get rid of this 606 that I have on now... I am running some Donlop non DOT on the front and it is fine on the road but a little slippy on the dirt.... go figure.. you would think that as agressive as it is it would be good to go... Maybe less air.. oh well..
  2. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    No frufru coffee today it was warm and it was a great time today. :rofl
  3. Gotlabs

Gotlabs Killing with kindness

Oddometer:
    Yall sound like my dad when he called to rub it in by saying "I had to turn the ac on while driving back from...."

It was pretty warm here today, hi 40's.
  4. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc Percocet powered

Oddometer:
    I'm glad you didn't take my commentary on your camera any other way. I haven't ever really dumped the bike, it just falls over, like yesterday. Knock on wood we keep on saying that.

Those tires are only going to get me in trouble. I knew that I wasn't going to get the mileage out of it that I still have in the other one. Once uncle sam gives me back my money, I'm going to go ahead and buy a Teraflex rear (I found a place that has a secret stash of them). Looks like we'll be trailering to a few places this spring/summer, so might as well.
  5. mothra

mothra Rally Driver

Oddometer:
    I need to ride. If the IRS deems me worthy to receive my money I should have some new shoes. I think I am going to try the trackmasters this time.

.....and since I have been waiting now I need to get it inspected too.
  6. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    You can count me in, I should be able to make it on Sunday. :clap
  7. DirtDobbler

DirtDobbler love to ride

Oddometer:
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Almost done!!!:clap[​IMG][/IMG]
  8. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Let you all know tomorrow (Saturday) starting at 1100 am there will be an auction on all pre owned bikes at Brits Motorcycle Dealership on the 24 about a mile from the front gate of Camp Lejuene. They have over 50 bikes to auction off ranging from crusers, sport, and dirt. :lol3
  9. sarasotausmc

Oddometer:
    I should be good for Sunday. Rgr on the GPS. I like the breakfasts, so I'm in for a show time of 0930 at the grill.

Britts, I'll go to them in a pinch, but it has to be a big one. If I need it now, I'll either go to Mouse's or Cycle World here in J'ville. I don't mind spending a couple extra dollars to help out the small businesses. I refuse to deal with Lejeune Honda ever again.
  10. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    All dealerships in Jacksonville are equally horrible. I heard Greenville is the place to go but its to far of a drive. Let me know the time and place I wll be there it doesn't matter to me 0900, 0930, at the grill, bear pond or holly shelter I just want to ride.
  11. sarasotausmc

Oddometer:
    First off, I didn't back out of the hole, just diverted a little. Lots of fun today, feel bad about leaving them dudes there but when there is little to do but heckle, might as well let them to it. Can't wait for that video, pretty good show. It's the second time I've seen a KLR completely vertical.
  12. buddha

buddha buried in the sand...

Oddometer:
    Wow. :eek1 Ya'll weren't kidding when you said there were some truck-sized holes at HS. Glad I didn't wander into one of them with the jeep. Is Angola Bay the same way? And is it also closed until spring?
  13. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

The KiLleR that almost got away.
  14. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

George in the mud.
  15. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

George changing tracks but had no problems.
  16. sarasotausmc

Oddometer:
    It's that way all over here. It's just dirt sitting on top of swamp. We avoid potholes when at speed because it may be the only one for 1/2 mile and be 3 feet deep. And in both HS and Angola, it's not real mud, it's organic gunk, slickery and black.
  17. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yes, and it is hard as hell to clean off the bike. Today it took me about an hour to get my bike clean then the wife came home, yelling and it took another half hour to clean the drive way. Time for a beer!!:1drink
  18. buddha

buddha buried in the sand...

Oddometer:
    What kind of riding are ya'll doing on GS? I only know the dirt logging roads, so lots of sand, not much mud. Used to be a member of a hunting club down there, so been on quite a few of those roads, but don't know where ya'll are going.
  19. Gotlabs

Gotlabs Killing with kindness

Oddometer:
  20. Semper_ride

Semper_ride Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Thanks, but instead of showing off for the camera, it was don't let George get his statisfaction. :clap