Central Valley Dual Sport Rides more fun good times

Discussion in 'West – California, the desert southwest & whatever' started by dsrider, Jul 18, 2007.

1. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    When is this?
  2. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    The last weekend of January... Mikey are you coming?
  3. lsellers

lsellers a DSRIDER

Oddometer:
    Looks like great conditions pcv. Great photos - thank you for taking us along with you!
  4. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Thanks, conditions dont get much better than we had that day....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :clapended the day with a nice faceplant.
  5. theredrocket23

theredrocket23 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    The new years day ride looked fun. I am jealous , Have a blast in Death Valley and send lot's of pics okay.!!
  6. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a ride this saturday or sunday? Local, dirt, play in the snow for a minute just to see how slick it is :D
  7. McKay

McKay Long timer

Oddometer:
    Its slick, you might be able to find my best snow angel on the service road at Miami trails from Sunday! :D
  8. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    JP,
    I've been scoping out the south side of Pine Flat lake, have you ever ridden White deer/Hopewell area? It looks like it might tie into Crabtree/ Trimmer Springs...
  9. sfeatherstone22

sfeatherstone22 Young Grasshopper

Oddometer:
    I took Trimmer Springs to Big Creek Rd. (10S69) on up to Bretz C.G. yesterday. Couple mud sections and that's it but some of the trails branching off looked like a good time for you guys,
  10. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:

I have always wanted to but have never found a way in. Hopewell is right there where the USFS building is at clingans junction...never tried getting in that way. Where white deer comes out next to pine flat dam is blocked off by concrete blocks. There is also another USFS building there too so U can't really sneak by.
  11. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:

Thanks for the update on the rd conditions. That is where I was thinking about riding this weekend, Soaproot saddle is the first left on big creek rd and has creek crossings to deal with:evil Much funner on a more dirt oriented bike for sure.:D
  12. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Do you want to try it out from Hopewell & 180 Saturday. It would be cool if it ties into Crabtree & Davis flat. Looking at it on the satellite image, it looks like it goes through. Looks like it goes to Pine Ridge also...Chip and I rode up to the lookout tower on Pine Ridge from Crabtree last year.
  13. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:
    Absolutely:thumb name the time and place & i'll be there.:dllama
  14. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Clingan's junction @ 9:30? I'll be trailering the 525...gotta save the tires/miles for DV.
    Dang high maintenance orange bikes.
    That area has alot of potential if we can get in...
  15. JPaccassi

JPaccassi ...searching

Oddometer:

That works for me :nod :super :jive
  16. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    It is mostly private land without public access. locked gates on both ends. I know since I have the key. :D

Scrambleon
  17. Scrambleon

Scrambleon Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I should clarify.....White Deer between the Army Corps of Engineers near the dam to Hopewell is locked. I have no idea about White Deer between Hopewell and PineRidge other than it is mostly USFS land. My guess is that will be closed as well, but you never know. I might join you two hooligans on Sat. Waiting to see if the family is skiing or not.

Scrambleon
  18. up in smoke

up in smoke RIDE

Oddometer:
    you are correct. tried it about a year ago. all the warning signs are very intimidating.
  19. pcvance

pcvance Walk Verplank

Oddometer:
    Josh, I was hoping you were needing to do a pre fire season re-con patrol of the area and in need of a couple of volunteers. (hooligans):deal:lol3the skiing sucks!
  20. montibank

montibank Happy

Oddometer:
    Been an interesting/frustraighting week with the DR. Back up and running now, justin keep an eye on your float valve o-rings, if they look worn/shrunken, change em for new ones! No DVDaze for me this year I think that is Caren's birthday weekend.

Rear tire is damn near dead... Mileage on it ~11500 miles, not too shabby. Front mounted at the same time is still healthy, gonna try a pilot road 3 I hope after I burn up a set of 50/50 tires on the 21"/18" setup. Rear sproket is gonna need replacement here too as well.