Global Wild Card Tag

Discussion in 'Regional Forums' started by Stagehand, Jan 26, 2010.

1. truck6driver

truck6driver Proud Navy dad!

Oddometer:
    I cannot get a new TAG til later.

Ray
  2. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think the Uly would have way farther OUT of the woods ;)

You got this via Crapatalk :D
  3. truck6driver

Oddometer:
    The Ascot actually does well offroad up to it's limitations of a low exhaust and oil pan. I have done some exploring in the area and after today starting to miss my XR650L again.
    I'm running the Shinko 705 on it now and had a Kenda K761 last time. I had a thought of a Dunlop 606 but as little as it goes in the dirt I stuck with an 80/20 dual sport tire. They are good in the rain though.

these are from a little offroad exploring a few months ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ray
  4. truck6driver

Oddometer:
    OK new TAG.

Your bike next to a boat. In or out of the water doesn't matter.

Extra credit if it is an inflatable side boat. :D

[​IMG]

Ray
  5. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
    Do I go for my bass boat or my neighbors boat? Or neither since it's cold out and I need to clean my bike not ride it.
  6. truck6driver

Oddometer:
    Really? One in your yard and u won't push the bike outside? What gives? :huh

Ray
  7. Chad_NC

Chad_NC Long timer

Oddometer:
    That would be another 0 mile grab;). Did I start a trend with low mile grab/tags?

You got this via Crapatalk :D
  8. truck6driver

Oddometer:
    Well since the boat is the rescue boat at my part time job I didn't go anyplace for that one either. We ran non stop calls since 2pm so I didn't get off of work on time and just snapped a pic of the boat when it was sitting outside.

Ray
  9. 'Flagger

'Flagger ..this space for rent..

Oddometer:
    Well, it's has been fun watching this game bounce around North Carolina, but ... i'm gonna go now.
  10. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Oh hell no, jump on in! I don't want to be the only guy outside NC. That 'sconsin boy hasn't scored a tag in a while and it's getting lonely here with the North Cackalacka boys snagging all the tags. :D

I may have to find a boat tomorrow morning. In Utah, that's not a given...

Then there is the National Wild Card Tag game, which currently needs a smokestack with fumes/steam/smoke coming out of it. Nothing close on that one, but I know a place...

Its not like getting busted for Mopery in Maumee, now that just sucked!:cry This game is much more fun!
  11. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Actually, I think it also included a chimney, etc. Coldest snap this year here and I didn't see one chimney going with a wood fire on the way home. *Almost* stopped by a Burger King, but figured that would be pretty lame.

And giving up because a bunch of folks in NC are playing a lot now? Really?
  12. Dirty bike

Dirty bike EricV

Oddometer:
    Chimney, smokestack, tomato, tamaatoe. :1drink

And yeah, those NC boys might not know BBQ, :puke1 but they have been good at snaging tags lately, but there is opportunity for others too, just got to go for a ride.
  13. RidingDonkeys

RidingDonkeys Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer:
    We're fortunate to have some very active taggers around here, and what you're seeing is only one region of the state. It seems all our hillbillies are holed up for the winter. :D

Yet winter seems to be the problem. A lot of the great taggers in this game are holed up in the snow, meanwhile the NC flatlands are warm.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
  14. hscrugby

hscrugby "That guy"

Oddometer:
  15. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmmmmm.... Sure could go for some Utah barbecue right about now...:D What's in that stuff anyway, potatoes?

RD, I know it's not 50 below windchill here this morning, but I'm seriously debating driving the truck to work this morning due to the temps. :deal
  16. dirtymartini

dirtymartini Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer:
    -6 degrees here:vardy The Stelvio has been tucked away for weeks now:cry
  17. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    My phone is telling me it's 19F here right now. May get into the mid-30s by the afternoon. It's been a long time since I missed a day of riding due to cold. Hopefully, I can find a boat this afternoon. I'm going to give myself bonus points if I can find one on the water. :D
  18. eepeqez

eepeqez Long timer

Oddometer:
    My bike is parked outside right next to my boat.
    My camera is actually inside my boat.
    It's 20degC here at 11pm.

I started playing Global Wild Card Tag to get myself out of the house and onto the bike, especially when I get cabin fever in winter, so unless this one drags on, I won't deprive anyone else of a reason to get out of the house and onto the bike.

But be warned, if I go sailing, I will keep an eye out for a motorbike to photograph from my boat! Does it count if its not my bike, but it is my boat? :wink:

Mind you, 19f? Isn't that like, colder than my deep freeze? How do you survive??? I mean, metric temperatures start at 0C because that is the coldest it supposed to ever get! It's that whole "Right to bare arms" typo that causes so much trouble!
  19. BlueM00se

BlueM00se 'Cuse LAX Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
    You're better than me WB! I wimped out and drove this morning. Though without my gear I think I was colder in the truck for the first 5 miles than I would have been on the bike. I was wishing for a heated steering wheel!
  20. wb57

wb57 Long timer

Oddometer:
    30 years ago, I liked this weather. I have zero use for it now. Your freezer ought to be a bit colder, but food is certainly not going to spoil sitting on the front porch today. :D