1off motorsports no more?

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by FlatDarkGS, Jul 15, 2012.

1. FlatDarkGS

FlatDarkGS Master BS'er

Oddometer:
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news... But I think I might have been one of the last to receive 1off's HID conversion kit. I went to their Website yesterday looking for instructions on the kit, and found:

"Thank you!
    We appreciate everything our family, friends, customers, vendors, have done for us and look forward to the next step in our lives.1 OFF Motorsports wants to thank all of our customers for the past 5 years for all of your business, support and friendship. It has been an amazing opportunity and a wild ride but unfortunately it is time for us to move on from this venture.
    1 Off Motorsports wants to thank all of our customers for the past 5 years for all of your business, support and friendship. It has been an amazing opportunity and a wild ride but unfortunately recent circumstances out of our control has forced us to no longer be able to operate.

We appreciate everything our family, friends, customers, vendors, have done for us and look forward to the next step in our lives."

Anybody know anything different?
  2. BeachMoto

BeachMoto Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well that sucks. They seemed to sell good quality products. Sierra BMW still lists their HID units on their web site.
  3. FlyingFinn

FlyingFinn Long timer

Oddometer:
    So much for the "lifetime warranty" that was big part of their claim to fame....

__
    Mikko
  4. skybo1

skybo1 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    these were good people that treated me right- sorry to hear this
  5. mikegc

mikegc Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    Gosh, I hate that! I'm using their products and have had great luck with them. When I rode from NC to CA back in February, I stopped by their offices and met Chris. He showed me around and eveng gave me a spare HID bulb for the tool kit. I'm sorry for him, Jose' and Zack. This shitty economy is just killing all of us.

Vote carefully in November.

Mike
  6. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Well that certainly sucks. . .. :dog
  7. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    Lower priced competition is probably more of an issue. Who can buy greater wholesale quantities? Check Alibaba.
  8. Das Boot

Das Boot down periscope

Oddometer:
    That sucks. I have their 35watt/4300 kit in the bike for the past year and love the light. It's tough out there to hussle a buck and stay in business.
  9. kildala2000

kildala2000 The GS Store.

Oddometer:
    WOW,
    Sorry to hear that they are no longer in business. They are a great bunch of guy's to deal with. It's a tough market place with a lot of vendors out on the net and with the economy taking a dump it's only going to get tougher.
    I wish them well on the new venture.. :D

Thanks for the 5 years of service to all us ADV riders.
    Rick
  10. mikegc

Oddometer:
    No doubt about it, Anorak. I'm at the tail end of my career as a furniture manufacturer in NC. Back in the mid-1990s, I attended a seminar conducted by some Department of Commerce employees about how to do business in China. They had all kinds of information, pie graphs etc, about how we could make a fortune saving on labor because, at that time, it was about 50¢ a day. Naturally, I recognized the value but when they started talking about how to sell in China, a little voice in my head cried BS. How's a guy making 50¢ a day going to afford one of my products?

To date, I've laid off over 120 souls and fear I'll fail within the next year if something doesn't turn around. Stuff like that keeps me awake while Washington tells us "The private sector is fine."

These days, many of usl know the rest of that story.

Mike
  11. Jazz62

Jazz62 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The private sector is fine for the Romneys of the world - oh wait, he's a politician. Sorry to see 1off is history.
  12. Anorak

Anorak Woolf Barnato Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think that's the case here. It looks like hid conversion kits have always come out of China. The game goes to the importer who has the lowest retail price or possibly has some sort of added value.
  13. NoVa Rider

NoVa Rider Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    At about :20 ff:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvUMvknc228?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DvUMvknc228?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
  14. subybaja

subybaja Long timer

Oddometer:
    There's a CSM for that, you know.

Good customer service and reliable products are added value...
  15. EJ_92606

EJ_92606 Rider

Oddometer:
    I'm guessing shut down by Customs/DOT...I had read previously that some of their shipments from China had been blocked by Customs because aftermarket HID lights are not US legal.
  16. twolane

twolane Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Anyone have a pic of the packaging from 1 Off? There's a big HID importer in San Diego that a bunch of people use and then repackage as their own. It may be an alternative source for kits.
  17. SHARKDIESEL

SHARKDIESEL STONE COLD BEAST

Oddometer:
    Dang... any recourse? I bought high and low beams from them and my low beam has recently failed. Not even sure where to begin as far as trouble shooting. Hopefully I can track someone down for some help.
  18. mikegc

Oddometer:
    I'd replace the bulb first. I had a VVME bulb die and the "globe" was very cloudy looking. The ballasts fail, too, sometimes.

Mike
  19. SHARKDIESEL

SHARKDIESEL STONE COLD BEAST

Oddometer:
    Thanks bud... I'll give it a try.
  20. Hubbman

Hubbman Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    MAN! I just got around to installing mine this rainy weekend! Now I come here to see how people are like there products and find that they went out of business!

Hope this thing last a while... anyone know if other bulbs are compatible with the wiring and ballast these guys shipped?