Hotrodding the GS - Pre-Order Sale!

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by Poolside, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macadamia

macadamia XK Red 27 Technique Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    How/why did I get bumped to the next batch? Now, I'm #1 on the batch that has not even started the build process... WTF...?
  2. phubner

phubner Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I just got mine today :-) I'm on the list as P.H., TX, so Im the second to last in the shipped list. Now all I need is for my replacement final drive to get here!
  3. kimokk

kimokk Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Didn't you just order yours in late May? I'm the last one in the prior batch and ordered back in January. So, you do have to wait a little. Some of the orders (international) are multiple ones so they don't correspond one for one. Have patience grasshopper. :D
  4. GOZFST

GOZFST Gozfst

Oddometer:
    Got mine today, woo hoo! Butt I was expecting some destructions in the bag too?? I know how to install it, just not about the adjustments. Why is there epoxy oosing out? Just kidding.:rofl
  5. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    No one was bumped, Mac. It's close to what kimokk said. I just hadn't placed the dotted line between the 30 piece batches.

<BR>
  6. tps

tps Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Mine got shipped. I can't wait... well, yes, I can. I've waited this long.

I hope it gets here in WA before Friday. I want to install it before I ride down to the BMW rally in Salem Friday Morning...

:happay
  7. tps

tps Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, it's gonna be hovering around 100 this weekend. Is that 'really hot' and mean I choose the -10 offset?
  8. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:
    Yeah we missed the cut but we get the "new" resin! :rofl
  9. tps

tps Adventurer Supporter

Oddometer:
    It was waiting for me when I got home yesterday! It took a whole 3 minutes to install. Yep, you can definitely feel it in the seat of your pants, and, although it was around 90 degrees, lugging around in 5th gear produced no knock/ping. Woohoo!
  10. SloDon

SloDon Hey...where am I?

Oddometer:
    OK I will ask first.........:evil

Will the "left over" 12 make shipping on the 19th as you (and the anxious remaining few) hoped!

Signed....one who was soooooo close!
  11. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    <BR>Thanks everyone, for your recent orders!

<BR>
  12. davemon

davemon High Speed Airhead

Oddometer:
  13. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    I really appreciate your generosity, at least that's what I'm calling it. You folks are aces.

Speaking of updates, yes I'm just tonight finishing up assembling the 'additional six pieces' added to the six pieces that didn't ship from the last batch. The six pieces were added to make 12 total, which is the minimum batch size for epoxy without wasting half of it.

<BR>
  14. Andrew

Andrew Optimus Primer

Oddometer:
    I love the smell of epoxy curing at 3:30 in the morning... :D
  15. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Yea. I wonder about people like us sometimes.

<BR>
  16. torquerat

torquerat just getting started

Oddometer:
    I know this was talked about before but after installing mine and putting approx. 200 miles with all kind of riding (and perhaps a little more aggressave) because how good my bike runs I noticed my MPG went up from a average of 42.7 to 45.2

Very happy, very impressed :D
  17. Leop54

Leop54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    I've just signed the receipt and opened the envelope, pulled out the little box and I'm looking at the device, waiting for the time of placing it on my bike.

Once installed, I'll report my opinion from oversea.
  18. Leop54

Leop54 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Well, some impressions after a 550 km tour: my Adv2011 runs smoothly, takes the revs faster, and now I'm able to drive in 6th gear at a speed of 50 km/h (more or less 35mph) with a sort of ease, like the IICeAir added a couple of cylinders to my bike, and I' don't want to say that running at or slightly below 1750rpm is my preferred way to drive, but now I can cross limit zones with no problems.
    It is possible also that my bike drinks a half a liter less every hundred kilometers, but I cannot state this for sure. For sure, I'm waiting the Cool!
    Ah, one more: installing it requires more time to choose where to place and how the Air, because of the lack of an appropriate space in the frame, than the time needed to unscrew the six screws and unplug the sensor and set again everything.
    My best compliments, Poolside, and thanks for the time you devoted to develop that idea.
  19. TommyHolly

TommyHolly Teaparty member

Oddometer:
    Hello,
    I'd like to buy the IICE-Air (and IICE-Cool if available?) Please let me know how I can place my order, thanks.

-Tommy
    2008 BMW R1200GSA
  20. Poolside

Poolside Syndicated

Oddometer:
    Thanks for your interest, Tommy. Go to the first post of this thread, and click the Add to Cart button.

<BR>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.