Wolfman New 2014 Product-The Universal Saddlebag Strap

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by wolfmanluggage, Oct 11, 2013.

1. wolfmanluggage

wolfmanluggage Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    These are exciting times for Wolfman Motorcycle Luggage! For 2014 we have some Really Good News. And some, well, awkward news. <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    The awkward news is that there will be no more Wolfman Side Racks. Berg of Backroads Moto, the talent and muscle behind our racks, is heading for new horizons. Though we're disappointed in this change, we wish him the best in those endeavors. Thank You! to all our customers who have purchased our racks over the years. We still believe they are among the best in the industry and we expect that they will serve you well for many years to come. Some styles are still in stock, but they'll only be available until they're sold out. <o:p></o:p>
    Here at Wolfman, we are striding forward toward our original and ongoing goal.<o:p></o:p>
    Wolfman Luggage has always been about making the best quality motorcycle luggage. We will continue to design, innovate, produce and distribute the highest quality motorcycle luggage while striving to deliver superior service to current and future customers.<o:p></o:p>
    Which brings us to the Really Good News.<o:p></o:p>
    For 2014, we've come up with some innovative new products that we hope will make Wolfman Luggage an even better choice for riders who demand the best in American made motorcycle luggage. We think these products will help make our bags even more versatile, more universal, and more practical for more riders. For starters, there is an innovative set of straps that allow Wolfman saddlebags to fit on virtually any motorcycle rack made today. <o:p></o:p>
    Universal Saddlebag Straps<o:p></o:p>
    These straps will now come stock with all our rack-style saddlebags. Straps sets are also sold separately.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    New for 2014 Wolfman is Going Universal.<o:p></o:p>
    &#8220;Sometimes the Simplest Solutions are the Best&#8221;<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> [​IMG]</o:p>
    Introducing our 2014 Universal Saddle Bag Strap.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>​
    Our NEW 2014 Universal Saddle Bag Straps allow Wolfman Rack Mounted Saddlebags to fit virtually any rectangular/ oval motorcycle side racks. <o:p></o:p>
    Use these saddlebags:<o:p></o:p>
    · Rocky Mountain Saddlebags<o:p></o:p>
    · Expedition Dry Saddlebags<o:p></o:p>
    · Monarch Pass Saddlebags<o:p></o:p>
    With virtually any side racks being made, including these we&#8217;ve specifically tested:<o:p></o:p>
    · Wolfman<o:p></o:p>
    · Touratech<o:p></o:p>
    · Hepco-Becker<o:p></o:p>
    · Happy-Trails<o:p></o:p>
    · GIVI<o:p></o:p>
    · SW Motech<o:p></o:p>
    Once set up, mounting and removal of the saddlebags goes very quickly using 4 locking sliders per bag. The 4-point mount is very secure, durable and stable. And when the bags are removed, there are no straps or mounts left on the rack, so it's easy to switch between hard luggage and our saddlebags, depending on what you need for your next ride. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Note: Some racks require the removal of mounting tabs, etc., such as GIVI and SW Motech. See Compatibility for more information.<o:p></o:p>
    This strap set replaces the former Other Strap Kit, and can be used in place of that kit with our saddlebags. Wolfman saddlebags shipping after October 15, 2013 have these mounting straps included when choosing Universal Straps. These straps can also be used with our new Pawnee Plate for mounting RotoPax fluid packs.<o:p></o:p>
    Features:<o:p></o:p>
    8 straps per set<o:p></o:p>
    Mil-Spec nylon webbing and thread<o:p></o:p>
    Chrome plated catch-buckle<o:p></o:p>
    Duraflex nylon slider buckle<o:p></o:p>
    Made in the USA<o:p></o:p>
    Dimensions:<o:p></o:p>
    3/4" Mil-Spec Nylon webbing<o:p></o:p>
    4 ½&#8221; total length<o:p></o:p>
    Rocky Mountain Saddle Bags <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> [​IMG]</o:p>
    Expedition Dry Saddle Bags<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG]<o:p></o:p>
    Monarch Pass Saddle Bags <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG] </o:p>
    Close Up of Saddle Bag Strap<o:p></o:p>
    [​IMG] <o:p></o:p>
    The Universal Saddle Bag Strap Kit contains: <o:p></o:p>
    8 straps for one pair of Wolfman Saddle Bags and Detailed installation instructions.<o:p></o:p>
    <o:p>[​IMG] </o:p>​
    Compatibility:<o:p></o:p>
    How Universal are these straps?<o:p></o:p>
    Wolfman Saddlebags will now fit on virtually any modern rectangular or oval, flat side rack designed for soft or hard luggage. Height of hoop must not exceed 9.5 inches. Tabs must be removed from certain racks. Rack tubes must be less than ¾&#8221; inches in diameter. <o:p></o:p>
    Racks that we know work:<o:p></o:p>
    Wolfman<o:p></o:p>
    GIVI<o:p></o:p>
    Hepco-Becker<o:p></o:p>
    Touratech<o:p></o:p>
    Happy Trails<o:p></o:p>
    SW Motech<o:p></o:p>
    Precision Motorcycle Racks-Side Utility Racks<o:p></o:p>
    Moto-Racks<o:p></o:p>
    Dirt Racks<o:p></o:p>
    These racks require some modification:<o:p></o:p>
    GIVI and SW Motech Side Racks Require-Removal of the Hard Bag Mounting Hardware.<o:p></o:p>
    Part #: <o:p></o:p>
    A146<o:p></o:p>
    Retail Price: $29.99

Woof!!<o:p></o:p>
    Beginning today October 11, 2013 All Rack Mounted Saddlebags will have the Universal Saddlebag Strap Attached.<o:p></o:p>
    Also we will be offering the A146 Universal Saddlebag Strap Kit for a LIMITED TIME ONLY (UNTIL OCT 25, 2013) Special $15.00 (including First Class Postage. CON US only.) Please contact our Sales Staff to order. 800/535-8131<o:p></o:p>

Video:
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uohnXWWwjN4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  2. kbuckey

kbuckey Long timer Super Supporter

Oddometer:
    So, if I put these on the bags (Wolfman Dry Expedition) I can switch the bags between my Wolfman racks on the DR650 and the Happy Trails on the KLX250? Will it also work with the Rotopax fuel can on my left mount on the DR (with, I assume the additional straps I already use on that)?

If so, I do like this solution better than the current universal straps that go on the KLX Happy Trails rack to mount the Expeditions there.

Thanks!
  3. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Thank you too!!

Woof!!
  4. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Correct you can switch them between both bikes. Yes these will work with the Wolfman racks and rotopax plate. Thanks for the questions!

:clap
  5. VFR

VFR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Perfect!!! I'm up for these. I will be calling on Monday to order a set for my Monarch Pass bags on SW-Motech racks.
  6. oz97tj

oz97tj Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    What about a heat shield?

I have a GSW and I have a set of Globescout panniers and racks that should be arriving anytime. They are the "special set" with the exhaust cut out. I'd like to have a set of soft bags for trips that are more technical, but the exhaust side would still be sitting against the muffler due to the contour of the rack. How do I deal with this?
  7. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    :clap Thank you!
  8. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    That is a good question...for now what I have seen most guys do is buy a piece of sheet metal (or something like it) and create a heat shield and securing it with hose clamps...
  9. gen

gen Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Will be calling for a set of these straps for my Rocky Mountains to attach to my Rally Raid UK pannier rack for the 690 Enduro. :clap

Would be great if you guys could test this setup (the Rally Raid UK pannier racks) with your saddlebags and show those on your site (if you are no longer going to be selling racks.)
  10. effensteve

effensteve Enjoying the ride

Oddometer:
    Really, the $15 special goes untill oct 25, and I am just now seeing this thread. Mother @#%**@! Missed another deal
  11. MotoBoss

MotoBoss Go Ahead

Oddometer:
    Hey where has this thread been! Good until Oct. 25 only. DAMN IT !!!

I don't even need them ( I have Wolfman racks on the bikes) but would have bought a set for future use if needed.

Damn It !!!
  12. stephen.stallebrass

stephen.stallebrass Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just got e some mint Tetons off ebay. Not used them yet, but I'll be trying them out soon... will these straps fit on the Tetons? I currently have the other mount system for my Metal Mule frames.
  13. D-Train

D-Train Dusty Wessels

Oddometer:
    Nice score! Yes these new straps will fit the Tetons...enjoy:clap
  14. stephen.stallebrass

stephen.stallebrass Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great, thanks.
  15. stickman1432

stickman1432 Crusty Adventurer

Oddometer:
    So.Cal.& St George UT-Baja-riding anywhere
    So if I buy a set of Expedition Dry Saddle Bags do these straps come with the bags since I just got a set of "BR Moto" racks for my Wr250R? Or do I have to buy these separately and if not will the Dry bags still come with attachment clips like before? :wink:
  16. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    Yes, all of our bags now have the Saddlebag Straps Installed. It depends where you purchase from as we have no idea if there are "old versions" in the dealer network. Since you have our side racks either version will mount correctly and securely. :D
    Woof!
    e
  17. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    I've got a set of BRMoto Wolfman Racks, Dry Expedition bags, Rotopax and mounting plate. What straps do I need to extend the bag straps over the rotopax and to the Wolfman Racks. Will the universals work?
  18. wolfmanluggage

Oddometer:
    TRZ, the Saddle Bag Strap is not long enough to connect the bags to the rack while using the Rotopax. You will need to get our Rotopax Strap Kit.

Woof!
    e
  19. TRZ Charlie

TRZ Charlie That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer:
    Got it. I ordered em and received em. Thanks
  20. christian

christian Long timer

Oddometer: