Atlanta Dual Sport Adventure Riders

Discussion in 'Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge' started by srelegante, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Thunder-dog

Thunder-dog Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    I plan to ride only Sunday pm somewhere...maybe towards Chatsworth. I'm open at the moment...might even trailer my 450 to moto mtn?
  2. Thunder-dog

Oddometer:
    I plan to ride only Sunday pm somewhere...maybe towards Chatsworth. I'm open at the moment...might even trailer my 450 to moto mtn?
  3. flyfire58

flyfire58 Put the monkey to it

Oddometer:
    Yeah funny you said that. Was talking with a buddy from work about that place (RM rider). Looks good! Interested in exploring that place. I'm on a DR 650 with DS tires I'd ride up there, as well as mediocre riding ability, so I might be a bit slow for your pace. I'm also planning on meeting up with some guys monday morning at Highland Park in Cedartown. 85 miles of trail there. Post here or PM me if you want to go either/both days. I've got the time.
  4. Thunder-dog

Oddometer:
    I have tentative plans to meet a friend sun pm, ride my 990. Won't know for a day or 2 but will keep in touch! (BTW, I'm SLOW!) I do know I can't ride Mon. If I do the 990 it'll be bout 150 mi pvmt, 6 mi dirt.
  5. Queen of Spades

Queen of Spades tall drink of water

Oddometer:
    Anyone know a bar in town that caters to motorsports? Comcast isn't carrying Fox Sports 2, and that's the only way to catch this weekend's Monster Energy Cup.
  6. flyfire58

Oddometer:
    Yeah let me know. Planning on mountain biking with my wife but may be able to do both depending on when and where.
  7. Thunder-dog

Oddometer:
  8. Mr_McBride

Mr_McBride 'The Cartographer'

Oddometer:
    I'm planning on going around 9am on Saturday...
  9. Magnum1b

Magnum1b Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer:
    The 2013 Edition of "Chomp-da Dogs" is scheduled for November 16th, 2013. We are welcoming the Grand Tour of Georgia Riders to come on down also as that tour finishes that week also. This will be the third year for our little RTE and we're looking to getting together with old and new friends at Nu-Way Weiners once again.

Due to the expected larger turnout and to be able to accommodate everyone more comfortably we'll move to the Nu-Way #8 location on Zebulon Road off Exit 9 of I-475. The address for you luddites with paper maps is 6016 Zebulon Road • Macon, GA 31210 • 478/474-5933 This location is part of a small food court and has more seating than the original Cotton Avenue downtown Macon store. The location is on the South side of Zebulon between Wendy's and Buffalo's and in front of the Kroger Store. The hours for the Zebulon Road location are 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM so feel free to come early for breakfast and tire kicking. We'll plan on the main gathering from 10:30 AM until 12:00 Noon when we'll announce the Long Distance Award and maybe something else. Remember," I'd go a Iong Way for a Nu-Way "
  10. srelegante

srelegante srelegante Supporter

Oddometer:
  11. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    I second this. I am going tonight but also reserved tickets for Sunday as I know I will want to see it again.
  12. Thunder-dog

Oddometer:
    I just saw this, checked out the preview and it looks great. I'll be there Sunday!
    Lee
  13. curses

curses Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Crap, I'll be at work. Any chance it'll get shown again?
  14. Magnum1b

Oddometer:
    Sunday sold out a couple of days ago. I'm going and taking the family.
  15. jgarp99

jgarp99 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
  16. flyfire58

Oddometer:
    Anyone riding this weekend?
  17. MrOdyssey

MrOdyssey Adventurer

Oddometer:
    What time are we riding tomorrow?
  18. Thunder-dog

Oddometer:
    I've had a knee replacement Dec 16th so it will be a few more days (weeks, months??) for me but "I'LL BE BACK"!
  19. R100RT Mark

R100RT Mark Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    All, Have to put a pitch in here for the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia's Georgia Mountain Rally. Always G/S and GS friendly - last year there were over 100 "GS" airheads, chain single/twins, and oilheads.

No need to be member to participate, but if you are a member ($20 to join) , as well as the other prize draw opportunities, you get an entry into the exclusive $400 value Members Only prize draw that meant a 75/6 got re-shod for free.

Details HERE
  20. 175grams

175grams Old Town Outfitters, Antigua, Guatemala

Oddometer:
    I just moved back to Atlanta, happy to find this thread. My DR650 and I are having a bit of post adventure lull... if anyone is planning on some dual-sport riding soon, maybe MLK weekend, I'm interested.

If you want to see pictures from my NY to Baja1000 to GA trip, you can check them out here:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=70fdd010b2

Look forward to meeting some of you guys soon.