2013 Sandblast Rally - March 2 - SC

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Anders Green, Sep 26, 2012.

1. johnson357

johnson357 Bad Monkey Racing

Oddometer:
    That will buff out!
  2. crankshaft

crankshaft Guns are for pussies

Oddometer:
    Irish courage wins again:lol3
  3. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Looks like I'm Rallymoto number 13 in 2013:lol3 Maybe I'll have a black cat run across the stage at SB and complete the package?
  4. hardwaregrrl

hardwaregrrl Can't shoot straight Supporter

Oddometer:
    I just noticed on the pament options for early registration there is a Deluxe and a Basic package.? What's that about??? It's a $40 difference.
  5. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Pedicure and hot towels?
  6. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Yes!!! Throw in a facial and I'm IN!:freaky
  7. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    How about a Brazilian?:lol3
  8. AnyDay

AnyDay Wants more time off

Oddometer:
    Current discussion about riding styles going on over the dinner table. Two more entries coming in soon... :)
  9. hardwaregrrl

Oddometer:
    Oh god no! That would call for a shite load of monkey butt.:huh
  10. seasider

seasider Just a rider Supporter

Oddometer:
    You can do it!!!
  11. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow, I just learned of this rally a couple of hours ago and am really excited about it. I've read all the pages here and found the website, but haven't learned what the race format is. Can someone give me the race format for dummies? I did see approx. 200 miles in sections of about 10 miles maybe. I guess what I'd like to know is the mileage length. How many sections it is divided into. What time the race starts, and what time it ends. Is all in one day? I saw some night racing lights and was thrown off a bit. Also what about gas fill ups and how much time in between sections waiting around, if any. Could you just load your bike in your truck and do this without a friend??

Thanks, and sorry for the questions. I know it's a learning process that will require just doing it for the first time, but I'd rather learn competiting than adventure riding it. Any help would be great. Look forward to it....course I've never gone 130mph down an open sand course:eek1. I know some said it's not a good idea to hit some sand roads at race pace to get the feel, but it'd be nice to drive up one weekend and get a feel for it.
  12. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Everything you need to know is in the Sup Regs....

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2013/comp-supp-regs.php

Read those first and then ask questions:lol3
  13. fastdirt505

fastdirt505 Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Wow!!! Would it kill you to add another post to your 13,000+ post count to answer out of the box questions to someone who has no idea about something you know everything about. Oh, wait you did reply with a smartass answer(maybe you thought the emicon softened your otherwise dick reply). Tried the site over and over earlier today. Tried the link and it shut my browser down over and over and reading news from 2008 gave me doubts about the site. I like you am only as smart as a browser.

Could've been real simple like.... yeah it takes 8 hours to complete the approx. 200 miles diveded into eight sections. No need to worry about fuel and wait time after sections is about 5...10..20 minutes and if all goes well you can do it without any help...or you need a friend for fuel.
  14. shipwrek12001

shipwrek12001 Shipwrek

Oddometer:
    Arron, your a bad bad man.... making people do home work...:lol3

Mr fast, in this section of the forum, most people here already know the rules and info that your looking for, If you don't do your home work be prepared to get slammed, or go to the regional forums and ask these questions there. Your just mad cause he told you to do home work....
    I guess he could of written, "all the information you need is in the above link..." then you wouldn't of been upset.... but hey, this web site is praying on people who don't do their homework before posting...

:1drink
  15. crankshaft

Oddometer:
    Sorry, wasn't a smart ass answer, it's the truth. It's the instruction manual for Sandblast and its very helpful. Or you can just pawn it off on me, your choice. I'm using an iPad, so typing takes me forever, not to mention I worked 60 hours this week and I was a bit tired but I still made an effort to get you to read a document that you should read anyway. In the sup regs, it shows 7 stages, 3 sectioms amd a total of 69 stage miles (not a joke, I just read it in the regs). Generally, the sections means three services and in the case of Sandblast, two fuel stops and one long service(lunch). Its a fast pace, so don't expect to do any engine swaps or new stickers. Spanmer check, fuel and maybe a quick bite to eat. You don't need a crew but be sure that someone at the rally has your back or as Mouse McCoy said to me in the desert last year...... "have a back up plan"

The rally starts on Saturday morning at 8 AM and the start order is posted, usually there is a drivers/riders meeting and then the bikes start rolling out on thier minute to stage 1 start.
    There is a chance that the last stage will be in the dark but since the rally has been moved up month, its possible that we won't. Wy not be a Boy Scout and have a light. Previous proper planning, prevents poss poor performance. For the record, all the above info is in the sup regs, except for the loading of the pick up.... Now that my thumbs are sore from typing and re-typing on my iPad, I'm heading to work. Haveaniceday
  16. Doug Mo

Doug Mo Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Merry Christmas and festivus and holidays to all the SB and RallyMoto movers and shakers!!! Aaron, this is what we were discussing yesterday. :D. Anders, good strategic move, with date and fee!! Rally on!
  17. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

This isn't in the Sup Regs,,,,, last years stage schedule. May or may not be the same but will give you an idea of the way the day goes.

http://sandblastrally.linaracing.com/2012/SB-Stage-Schedule.pdf
  18. toro618

toro618 Long timer

Oddometer:
    I emailed the contact person list on the site, but have not received an answer yet. Do you guys know if changing a class after pre-registering is a a problem? I signed up in Adv Heavy but even though this will be my frist rally I think I'll just enter in the Heavy class.
  19. Boatman

Boatman Membership has it's privileges ;-) Supporter

Oddometer:

You can change any of that info right up until check in. If you wait until the last minute though you will need to pay a late paperwork fee.
  20. Bruno T .

Bruno T . N8YQ

Oddometer:
    "We've also bundled the usual running shakedown and T shirt buying into a “Deluxe Package”

Shakedown and T shirt included in the reg price.