Any Perth rides this weekend?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by eldavo, Mar 8, 2007.

1. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Mmmmmmmmmmm beer and chicken wings :freaky
  2. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Isn't it obvious? You enjoy the Sporty and Bully gets to carry all your shit:deal:lol3.
  3. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

hi John :wave hows the plans for the Quit rally coming along ??
  4. JayBo1

JayBo1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    The QFR-Moto plans are steaming along - just a bit slow getting the info out. I put my hand up as CoC on the understanding that I am hell busy with a major project for work so very limited in how much time pre-event I can spend on it. The rest of the organising team is working hard on it and getting everything to the point I just have to review and sign stuff and send it places:deal:clap. Permit was issued yesterday so Entry and Supp Regs will be issued now.

I do however still desperately need someone to man the remote "splash and dash" point, otherwise anyone with a small fuel tank will not make it past about half way of day 1! (You're not allowed to bribe people to not volunteer just because you can ride to Sydney and back on one tank!:lol3)

EDIT: Someone has contacted me with a MD roadbook scroll and an ICO for sale. Used previously for a QFR-Moto on a 250 Yamaha and prior to that in an Oz Safari. Anyone building their bike and needing the gear let me know and I'll put you in touch with the owner.

Cheers
    JayBo
  5. Istanman

Istanman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Jaybo - interested - please PM details.
  6. fatgut

fatgut Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    3 more days then back to a bike with power and more than 25mm of suspension. Went to a tiger reserve today, but some one forgot to tell the fucking tigers about it. Or they have shot them all and just dont want to admit it.
    Kev.
  7. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

need finals by Tuesday for Rick and Merv.
  8. Istanman

Istanman Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Will be a no show mate.
  9. vk6yjs

vk6yjs The answer is yes

Oddometer:

I gota bail too. Last minute plans.

Jay
  10. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:

oh Jay I've had these visions in my head of you on that Hardley, bit like this :eek1

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Cg52C-no-C4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pity you can't make it :1drink we'll have 1 or 2 for ya :deal

that leaves

me
    Guzzi
    Pommy Steve
    Aussie Digger
    Davey Sprocket
    Reklaw

be meeting at Macca's Armadale @ 6.30 for 7am depart.

any one I've left out ????:ear
  11. vk6yjs

vk6yjs The answer is yes

Oddometer:

Yeah Bully me too.

You choose ur outlaws but not in-laws ..Family visit ...from over East..

Next time

Cheers Jay
    PS...
    Shit might have cu off from maccas at 7am Just cuz ur in my patch. Hehehe Jay
  12. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just in from work, gotta finish packing, see some of you in the morning.

Rick reckons it could get a bit damp down that way............riding in the rain.......nothing like a new experience :lol3
  13. treborbig

treborbig Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    So any way im off in northern thailand tooling around on the amazing roads like mae hong son loop ,etc its my birthday so go to burmese border couldnt get across cause of a bamboo stick gate[and a guard with an m16]:Dso get back to digs and get EM from daughter happy bday etc and...they found one of my two DRs that got stolen 2 1\2 years ago :clap:freaky.Turns out not to be insured one:D and has only done about 13 ks which now makes it 1013 ??so got it back now have to finish running it in :lol3:lol3:lol3
  14. neilaction

neilaction Slightly Less Adventurous

Oddometer:

:clap:clap:clap Amasing :lol3
  15. treborbig

Oddometer:
    yeh good for me ignition box/dash has been ripped off so wiring bit shit but hell they stole it then :huh:huh put in the shed ...thank god :D:DMotor looks fine not a sctratch on cases ,original tyres, tanks now matt black :roflheadlight broken and no cowl, cost $350 to get out of tow yard .I just bought a old XR 600 for hooning to:lol3.A bloke bought it then got suspicsous? contacted police and they took it away
  16. KTM Pilot

KTM Pilot Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Great news Robert:clap

Hope to see you on some rides soon then.

17. treborbig

Oddometer:
    Was going to start with the XR riding again .Just trying to find a bigger tank around 25 litres .Goes well but only 125k to reserve :D.Beats me why bikes got so heavy but better ?that thing only ways 135kg .Was thinking about the new husky 650 till saw one:huhAnyway out to shed to fiddle:D:1drink
  18. Gobby

Gobby Trust Me!

Oddometer:
    Bloody excellent news - hopefully we get to catch up for a ride again soon. :wings
  19. Vince_WA

Vince_WA Rides badly :)

Oddometer:
    Are there any rides planned for Easter - March 31st to April 1st?

Alternatively - is anyone interested in joining me for a ride out to the goldfields to have a look over all or part of the 965km Golden Quest Discovery Trail? Take the unsealed roads out to Yellowdine, then start the Discovery Trail in Coolgardie. An extra day may assist with this ride - probably the preceding Thursday. See here for details on the Trail - http://www.goldenquesttrail.com/

And lastly - for those riders with a road bike or sidecar looking for a sealed road ride - I've fired up a little group on a new social networking website - check out http://www.meetup.com/Perth-Motorbike-Sidecar-Riders/ I'm trying to organise a road ride most weekends and occasional midweek night rides, and we've got quite a mix of riders and bikes joining in.

Welcome back from Thailand Rob - post up a photo of you cuddling a tiger why don't you :clap
  20. bully1

bully1 Long timer

Oddometer:
    had a great weekend with a crew of 6, a bit different doing the whole weekend on bitumen but had a blast.

found some awsome roads and rode in the rain for awhile, different sensation over here in the west.

pictures will be forthcoming shortly.