The I LOVE THIS GUN Thread

Discussion in 'Shiny Things' started by HiTechRedneck, Nov 20, 2008.

1. ttpete

ttpete Rectum Non Bustibus

Oddometer:
    For that price, grab it and run! :eek1
  2. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    I may go pick up another single shot shotgun today...

I am on the fence about getting another Rossi or the EAA MP18 (Bakail IZH 18)

I will most likely come home with another 12 gauge...allthough a shop down the street has a Rmeinton Spartan 410 single shot (Bakail) and a cheap Italian folding 410 .. hmmmm
  3. Juanjo_NY

Juanjo_NY Made in Argentina

Oddometer:
    went shooting with an ADV mate and his new (to him) Remington .223

HOLLY SH!T!!! that "little" .223 have some MAJOR destructive power!!
    It DESTROIED my target like it was butter, and I'm talking a almost 1/2 steel, with some heavy duty chain.. that was no match for the .223, even a little tree fell victim of it!
    I think I need one.. actually EVERYONE needs one! :clap
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. sacto929

sacto929 Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Nice rifle! Did you check the butt plate compartment for a name tag? Many of them have a name tag from the previous owner in Switzerland....

The 7.5x55 Swiss uses .308 projectiles. The difference is that the Swiss measured the lands versus the grooves for the diameter.

Check out the following sites for tons of info:

Calguns Swiss Rifle Thread

Swiss Rifles Message Board

Grafs and Sons carries all sorts of accessories for Swiss rifles, particularly from a company called Swiss Products. These guys are Swiss rifle experts. Grafs
  5. Fe Man

Fe Man I am Iron Moran!

Oddometer:
    Finally got around to zeroing Fe Boys Ruger American .308 this morning (because my dumb-ass forgot to put my rifle in the truck and had nothing to hunt with). I gotta' tell ya' that for a $339 gun, it is a damn fine rifle. It took 11 rounds (3 were wasted due to handmade target error) to get it inside of an inch at 100 yards.
  6. Beelzabob

Beelzabob Ah man, I think the clock is slow.

Oddometer:
    Buddy of mine picked up the SIRT training pistol a few weeks ago and let me pracice a little bit. DAMN this thing is fun. Really helps with your speed & accuracy.

Take a look. http://youtu.be/VO1m1JNZNOw
  7. skysailor

skysailor Rat Rider

Oddometer:
    WooooHoooo the gun shop is putting my new baby in the mail tomorrow. Should be in my eager little paws by Tuesday. They MAIL these things? WTF? Guess it's normal? My big yellow rubber gopher is SO toast!
    Lyle
  8. El Guero

El Guero Long timer

Oddometer:
    I remembered reading that the robot guy from Top Shot was working on something like that. There he is in the video! :lol3
  9. newcastleadam

newcastleadam Artful Tagger

Oddometer:
    Friend is wanting a new hunting rifle in 308, the entry level plastic bangsticks have caught his eye. Ruger American, Remington 770, Savage AXIS, etc. Curious how well it works out for you.
  10. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:

Happy with my Savage Axis in .308! Bagged this 8pt Sunday at 110 yards. Came with a Bushnell scope 3-9 power. Was zeroed perfectly at 100 yards right out of the box. Used 6 rounds in practice, 7th round found its mark.

Pretty satisfied for the money(about $300). But the plastic magazine latch doesn't feel like it will last.
    [​IMG]
  11. RED CAT

RED CAT Bumpy Backroader

Oddometer:
    Nice Buck!
  12. doc_ricketts

doc_ricketts Thumper jockey

Oddometer:
    Remember with Savages you can swap barrels (and calibers) in about 10 minutes. But the other guns are good too. The Ruger American looks real sweet.
  13. KeithinSC

KeithinSC Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'm not so sure about my Savage AXIS, it is a gun built to a price point, it may not have that flexibility. I'll have to investigate!:deal
  14. Tmaximusv

Tmaximusv Separated at birth

Oddometer:
    I traded a sporterized Brazilian 7x57 Mauser for a 770 (OK, had to throw in a little cash). The 770 is in 30-06 and I traded out the scope for a somewhat better Bushnell in 3-9 power.

Great accuracy and not nearly as much recoil as I expected for a plastic stock. My only complaint is that it won't eject the S&B brass very well. I haven't had a chance to try other ammo but I do think that the S&B brass expands a lot in the chamber and gets difficult to eject until the receiver heats up.
  15. Signal

Signal it's such a fine line between stupid and clever

Oddometer:
    A savage 110- just above teh axis level, are excellent .
  16. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:
    anybody think one day the old top break S&W's and Iver Johnson's might be worth anything ? in particular chambered in .38 S&W ?? they are so cheap and cash and carry here in CA. ammo is a little pricey but they are still fun guns to shoot... found a blued long barrel Iver Johnson for a tick over $100 ...the longer barrel guns seem harder to come buy but even in tip top shape probably only worth $250 ?
  17. Rusty Rocket

Rusty Rocket Life behind "Bars"

Oddometer:
    Hard to predict future values. All the guns I have purchased have pretty much held their values. All the ones my buddy bought have doubled or tripled.

If I buy one of the models you ask about, they will not go up in value. Send me $25 and I promise not to buy one.:D
  18. JeffS77

JeffS77 cheap bastard

Oddometer:

wait now if EVERYBODY bought one then there would be little supply on the market and high demand so prices will rise :ear...so lets all go buy one and talk on public forums on how cool they are :lol3

The only firearm I have that is really worth anything is probably my original Armalite AR-7 .. other than that most my firearms are purcahsed for under $200.. I am cheap and like inexpensive guns :D
  19. Fire Escape

Fire Escape Long timer

Oddometer:

You mean one of these?
    http://www.impactguns.com/henry-arms-ar-7-survival-rifle-black-h002b-619835002006.aspx

An original by Armalite is probaly a more valuable example but having a new 'edition' available doesn't help the current price. I lost track of how many companies have made this gun over the years. It seems to be too good to die but not popular enough to be a success. My FIL got one 'back in the day' to run his trap line, that made me happy because it meant that I got my Nylon 66 back from him.

Bruce
  20. RuggedExposure

RuggedExposure Now with more rugged

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Just finished the rifle in the middle:
    18" 300 BLK

Already ordered the parts for my next build.