moto-mule a cargo trailer to pull behind your dual sport motorcycle

Discussion in 'Vendors' started by MrBracket, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
  2. GSA GIRL

GSA GIRL Been here awhile Supporter

Oddometer:
    Just goes to show how OLD I AM. I had to Wait for Mike's reply to find out what an FB Page Was!
  3. RedRocker

RedRocker Native Texican Supporter

Oddometer:

So you're the only one that hasn't been assimilated in to the FB Borg? :lol3
  4. eakins

eakins Butler Maps

Oddometer:
  5. ben2go

ben2go Long timer

Oddometer:
    :rofl

It's just a matter of time.:lol3

I didn't really want an FB page but it's the only way I can communicate with my techy family. :becca

Now I use my page to promote my blogs and small businesses that I am interested in,such as Mr.Bracket's. :type
  6. MrBracket

MrBracket Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Here is some great info from a customer in Washington State, he's the first I know of to go through the licensing process...

He also sent me some great pics, I'll post those up soon.
    Mike
  7. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Here are Joe's pictures:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. RedRocker

RedRocker Native Texican Supporter

Oddometer:
    I don't think Texas has small trailer plates, I had a Uni-Go at one time but can't recall what kind of plate I had for it.
  9. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    Put it together at work, hauled it home and mounted the box. Threw two bags of 7 1/2 chilled shot in it for the ride to work this morning (likely more weight than I will ever normally put in it).

I can tell it's back there, but it certainly doesn't upset things too much. I already feel confident enough with it that I'm going to take it to CroMag next week.

Pics here;

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19572030&postcount=182
  10. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:

Your racks for the fuel containers is mounted upside down. They are designed to get the weight as low as possible. Don't feel bad, I did the same thing :lol3

Just remove them and flip them over. You are going to love that trailer... :thumb :nod
  11. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    We stood here in the shop and debated which way to put them on. :D

Maybe when I flip them over my Pelican 1430's will fit like I wanted; as it is now, there's not enough room for them.

Thank's for the heads up.
  12. Mr. Fisherman

Mr. Fisherman Back in Black!

Oddometer:
    Lets see some pics when you get it done.... :lurk
  13. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    I think they're a little too big, I'm going to look for something else; small ammo can maybe.

The Mule leaves for Vermont tomorrow morning.
  14. _Davi_

_Davi_ Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Yikes! Not my business, but as a fellow super ten pilot, all I can say is, how much gear do you need to haul?? That bike could carry all the supplies for a six man expedition by itself!
  15. DakarNick

DakarNick Swabee

Oddometer:
    Mr. Bracket, do you/will you sell the adapters for a 950 Adventure separately?

I'm designing my own trailer but would like to see how you attach it to the Adventures and if I could purchase those.

Thanks
  16. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    This Mule leaves Fri AM & will get tested on the Croydon Turnpike. Have a great ride. & hope to meet you at the rally!
  17. Cromoth

Cromoth fan of the magic carpet ride

Oddometer:
    The 3rd Cromag rally I attended was a blast, again (thanks Shrineclown)! The Mule performed perfectly. Caught some air & laughed 'cuz I felt the 3rd wheel hit. Made a few dents but the Action Packer smothed back out again. Sometimes I'd see the box deformed vs the lid but it would reseal once righted. Will replace with a Hardigg (thanks Canuman). :D

Mule was clean when I started then happily covered in water/mud & gear stayed dry. Thought I'd take the easy way back home but then couldn't resist the call of the dirt - hammered it & 2 cans of Heady Topper ruptured 'cuz I forgot I packed for the easy way home. :cry

It was all epic! Thanks Mike!!:clap
    Here's some vid:
    http://youtu.be/woTLe5wEmRw

Laconic, maybe see you at Micatech or Recompence. Shrineclown said you were at Cromag.:freaky
  18. Laconic

Laconic Old Normal

Oddometer:
    Ha! I didn't ever lay eyes on you or hear there was another Mule there. :huh (I was on the road by the time you posted your departure or I would have tried to find you).

I put about 2400 miles on mine, much of it at highway speeds. Guys riding behind me said it tracks perfectly behind the bike and is stable as a rock. It tows at 85 as well as it does at lower speeds. It took until about half-way home before I quit looking behind me to see if it was still there. :lol3
  19. MrBracket

Oddometer:
    Took off last weekend to clear my head, needed to put down the welding torch for a while....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rode to a wedding on the other side of the mountains from me. Did some exploring on the way home :clap I needed that break!
  20. Dallara

Dallara Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer:

But it can't haul the specialized equipment I need to carry to certain specific events. :brow

But always a pleasure to meet someone who knows what I need better than I do... :rolleyes

Thanks!

Dallara

~