Here I go again on my own-B1k

Discussion in 'Racing' started by frog, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Kanook

Kanook Adventure zymologist

Oddometer:
    amen:D
  2. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    Frog you got me by one day of riding. I haven't been on the bike in over a month due to my shoulder. I haven't even been able to do any upper body in the gym. The only things that I have been doing is running and getting on the elliptical trying to get some strength back into it. We will see if any of this is paying off when we get to Baja on the 9th of next month.
  3. cross-country

cross-country .

Oddometer:
    Back in college I used to race mountain bikes and I figured out I needed 3 weeks before a race. I could f-off all I wanted, as long as 3 weeks before a big race I was training, I'd be OK. Of course that was a decade ago, it's probably like 3 months now! So I've got two more weeks before i need to do anything!!
  4. Cornbread82

Cornbread82 Sir Crash A Lot!

Oddometer:
    That is funny:lol3 Now you know why I started so early Tony, at my age I should have started sooner!!!
  5. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I think your math is off. You have at least a month or two before you have to do anything. :deal
  6. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    "Support Team Scorpion Bay" is get'n geared up!!!!!! :deal

[​IMG]
  7. YOGOI

YOGOI Prick

Oddometer:
    BTW, We have a group heading to Montana for the BIG SKY XC. Its not too late to sign up, and there is room on the floor, and a hot tub. :evil
  8. decafe

decafe Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    frog just found this thread good luck and hopefully you good charma is out there in the desert for getting me to finish line i think your son will be ready in a couple of years thanks again andrew
  9. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Decafe.

You made my kids vacation by pulling into his "pit". Hopefully one day him and I can team it but thats a few years down the rd. I dont think they let 4 yr olds race baja.:lol3
  10. Strong Bad

Strong Bad Former World's Foremost Authority

Oddometer:
  11. Baja Dad

Baja Dad Long timer

Oddometer:
    All race teams are strongly advised to prerun and race using the official gps course file.
    Failure to comply with the rules stated in this bulletin will result in a time penalty or disqualification, depending on the circumstances.
    -early prerunning from san felipe to la paz:
    the race course will open for early prerunning from
    san felipe to la paz on monday, october 1.
    A gps file will be available on the score website.
    Follow gps file closely to properly navigate the course.
    Begin prerunning on the dump road just west of the san felipe arches.
    The course will not be marked during this period of early prerunning.
    Do not attempt to prerun anywhere between ensenada and san felipe at this time.
  12. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    I'd love to make it down to early prerun but I doubt it will happen. I've hired a new manager to start monday. Hopefully he's a quick learner..... I have training to do and this work shit is screwing it up.:lol3
  13. AirborneAndy

AirborneAndy Vagabond

Oddometer:
    Cant seem to get my subscription to this thread to stick by just lurking :lol3... this should do the trick. Good luck Frog Im sure you'll do well but good luck anyway.
  14. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks Andy.

I've had some major setbacks in the past month. All with my business. It's kinda hard to leave for two weeks when you no longer have a manager to run it while your gone.:huh But I hired someone today and hopefully have it sorted out.

I was able to carve out an hour at 5:30 am :rofl and will be doing crossfit for the next two months to help me get into shape. As far as riding goes I've been doing what I can but nowhere near what I want to be doing at this point. But I'll take what I can get and focus more on getting into shape plus I'm not gonna get any faster between now and then so why chance getting hurt.:deal

Now I just need to find time to put a crank in my race engine and build a race bike. Maybe I can find time before the gym. :lol3
  15. Racinace

Racinace Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Just found this thread... Was planning to solo it myself this year but had some family stuff come up that has derailed this years plans (Father passed away in July). I would love to ride it in his honor, but used up all my vacation time....

I'll be following your effort down there! You'll do great! As fast as you can when you can, and as slow as you need to go to keep it upright... easy enough right!?!

If you need anything, let me know. Race radio, helmet lights, etc.

Ace
  16. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the offer Ace. I think I've got everything I need but if I find I don't I'll pm ya.
  17. neduro

neduro Long timer

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  18. El Zorrillo

El Zorrillo charity case

Oddometer:
    :lurk X2
  19. frog

frog Long timer

Oddometer:
    Was able to get out and do 230 miles of mixed terrain. Some really slow single track and some blasting on sandy roads.
    Fun day of "training". :D
  20. wrk2surf

wrk2surf on the gas or brakes

Oddometer:
    THE exact center of California/Bass lake/Yosemite
    and the Gym ??? :deal