ADV R80ST Registry

Discussion in 'Airheads' started by England-Kev, Oct 1, 2008.

1. FreeTheBeast

FreeTheBeast no road left untaken Supporter

Oddometer:
    I like that saddle a lot. Custom job?

2. Clay Spinner

Clay Spinner Been here awhile

Oddometer:

Its a corbin... and I like it too! It swaps between the G/S and the ST depending on which bike I'm riding. It gives me just enough room to slide around a bit without feeling cramped.
  3. mark1305

mark1305 Old Enough To Know Better Supporter

Oddometer:
    Wow! That's a nice Corbin.

I have an older Corbin on my F 650. From when they thought it took 15 lbs of glass to make a seat pan. My R80 ST came with stock seat plus a really low cut Corbin that had a lighter pan, was really great on the butt, looked great, but it made my knees hurt from the extra bending due to the lower height.

That seat looks very close to what I need on both bikes.
  4. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just came home with a new to me 1983 R80ST. Bought it in NYC and rode it home, Texas Hill Country. Very cold ride and far too much interstate, I was on a deadline. Last 4 numbers are 7623, looks like it was made in 03/83.

Bike was much rougher then the PO lead me to believe, used old pictures to show the bike. Perils of buying a bike long distance. Fortunately it seems fairly sound mechanically. I'm getting ready to change all the fluids, check the valves, sync the carbs, so that should give me a good indication of how sound the engine is.

Bike has 44,000 miles, a Billet Mini 6 front caliper, Works Performance Shock with remote resorvouir, Wudo oil pan and bash plate, and a R100R tank. The basics are there, just needs a lot of attention to detail. A lot of the rubber needs replacing, driveshaft boot, fork gaiters, pushrod seals probably, etc. I'll post pictures soon.

I do need help on the correct part number for fork gaiters. I'm looking for the heavier rubber gaiters with the fewer number of ribs. Max's BMW doesnt list a part number. The ones on the bike are the thin rubber type and are shot to hell.

Anyone know the part number and a source?
  5. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Yeah, right!

Oddometer:
    I got my fork gaiters from motobins in the uk.
  6. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Never ordered from them. Anyone in the states able to tell me how it is to order? I understand the VAT is removed? How's shipping cost and delivery time. I'm needing to order a butt load of parts and they look to have a great supply.
  7. Airhead Wrangler

Airhead Wrangler Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Shipping prices typically aren't too bad and orders usually arrive in 1-2 weeks for me in Seattle, probably sooner on the east coast or Texas in your case. It doesn't make sense to order just a cable or other small part from them, but if like you say, you're ordering a bunch of stuff it makes good sense. They've had great customer service in my experience. I ordered a BUNCH of stuff to build my bike and didn't end up unpacking it until 6 months after it arrived as I don't make it up to the states much. It turns out the clutch plate they shipped me was for a K bike and not an airhead. They immediately shipped out the correct one, no questions asked, 6 months after they shipped the order and just asked me to drop the incorrect one in the mail back to them the cheapest possible way and they'd refund the return shipping. Really nice guys to deal with. ...and no, you don't pay the VAT.
  8. mark1305

Oddometer:
    Welcome!

Lots of STs changing hands these days. By any chance are you the same new owner with the question over on on Yahoo regarding the rear rack? (A fair amount of crossover members between here and that group, although I rarely post over there.)
  9. Bluethumb

Bluethumb Long timer

Oddometer:
    Yep, that's me! Was on the list for awhile gathering knowledge.
  10. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Added to list:deal

Welcome..
  11. mark1305

Oddometer:
  12. 110Mike

110Mike Lug in my Kop

Oddometer:
    Am I on the list?

Cherry red 6054716

Airheaded greetings

Mike
  13. Clay Spinner

Oddometer:
    If you lived closer....

The seat is about 10 years old and is built.. from what I can gather... from an original st pan... or at least it looks like it is.
  14. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:

Yes you are :deal
  15. Barnston_biker

Barnston_biker n00b

Oddometer:
    Hopefully I'll be on there shortly !! :clap
  16. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Have you bought an ST then? if so, we like pictures :evil
  17. Barnston_biker

Barnston_biker n00b

Oddometer:
    You just sent me the V5c...shall I photograph that or wait for the bike to arrive ! :D
  18. Clay Spinner

Oddometer:
    Oh dear... you didn't buy that shed of a bike did you??? I bought the collector box and ss exhaust... managed to bodge together a replacement for it though. I hope its to your liking. :lol3
  19. Barnston_biker

Barnston_biker n00b

Oddometer:
    :D ......I'll stick it on Ebay...SOMEONE will love it !! :lol3
  20. England-Kev

England-Kev Long timer

Oddometer:
    Pratt!:lol3 if anybody on here has a wheel mouse they are in trouble now:evil