Nascar 2013

Discussion in 'Racing' started by RedRocket, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Motorcyclist

Motorcyclist Drag a Bag!

Oddometer:
    A few comments from Bristol:
    1. Nice to see that the modifications made it much more like the old layout, and forced the drivers to fight for the same groove at times.

2. There were a TON of empty seats in the stands. Nice day, first race of the year there, no reason people who wanted to be there should have stayed home. Bristol is one of the communities that really took advantage of the fans during the boom years. Restaurants, motels, etc. all jacked up the prices to ludicrous levels, and I think it is biting them in the ass now.

3. The racing was good, particularly the last 20 or so laps.

4. Kurt Busch had a great drive. But even in the post race interview he came off as an unsmiling douche.

5. It will be interesting to see how the Logano-Hamlin love fest plays out.

6. Danica finished 5 laps down. Looks like she was the last car that didn't get many laps down making repairs. Not a good show for the equipment she was in.
  2. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    Kurt Busch was at Supercross in Indy on Saturday night. I noticed that it seemed there were more people there than at Bristol.
  3. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    Another example of why this driver shouldn't be in Cup.

Qualified 41st out of 43. She got lucky to get a 28th place finish while being 5 laps down because of all the attrition from tire failures and the resulting crash damage of the real contenders.

It's a real shame that there are so many drivers who have the talent and need a break to get into Nascar while Danica gets a top ride without the talent to drive at this level.

The closest she should be to the Cup drivers is maybe serving them as their waitress.....not Hooters though, maybe at a pancake house.:lol3
  4. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Bruton Smith made changes to Bristol in order to bring back the fans.Looks like he wasted his money!Friends who never used to miss a race there said its all way more expensive to camp,etc.Even Danica couldn't fill the stands.Maybe if she raced in a bikini?
  5. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:
    Denny could wipe the floor with that runt Joey, I've met him and he has that strong grappler build, could probably put him in a full nelson and make him cry for his mother...I wouldn't mess with him. :eek1

Running slow and safe got Danica a better finish than Jeff Gordon, I'll give her that. :wink:

I just love that the Busch boys are so sour with any finish that isn't first, reminds me of Sr. :thumb

Speaking of bikinis...why oh why are the trophy girls wrapped up in burlap and nomex? Come awn.
  6. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    :dhorse
  7. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Both those guys are over rated punks ass bitches.Logano was always the"next big thing" and Hamlin's just a dick.Both seemed to need more "seasoning" before the big leagues,jmho.
  8. r_bin

r_bin Long timer

Oddometer:
  9. Pantah

Pantah Jiggy Dog Fan Supporter

Oddometer:
  10. MotoMike

MotoMike Washed Up Desert Racer For The 2nd Time

Oddometer:
    Kind of like Danica. Except she's a bitch ass punk.
  11. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    :ddog:huh:shog
  12. larryboy

larryboy Just obey!

Oddometer:

One of them is over rated, that's for sure.

“He said he’s coming for me,” the Joe Gibbs Racing driver said of his former teammate. “I usually don’t see him, so it’s usually not a factor.” It was a cutting response that underscored the stark differences in on-track accomplishments between the two drivers -- one with 22 victories who’s made the Chase for the Sprint Cup every year, another who’s won twice and never qualified for the playoff.

22 victories put him in "rated" territory in my book. More wins than Buddy Baker, Harry Gant, Neil Bonnet, Dale Jr and Harvick is a pretty damn good driver.
  13. pbarmy

pbarmy Long timer

Oddometer:
    Seems to me most all those guy you mentioned were around way before any made for tv"chase" and would have punted that punk out of the park on several occasions.As for the other two,:csm overrated punks too.But I think Jr. would be ok to have a beer with.You cant help who your parents are.:lol3
  14. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    Nascar needs a powder puff class for Danica and Joey.:rofl
  15. Rick West

Rick West Function not Farkles

Oddometer:
    You can say that again.

Although she would still finish last in that class too.
  16. vettex2

vettex2 X-Racer

Oddometer:
    -Fontana will probably be a yawner

-Sure has been a lot of engine issues this year
  17. Bowhunter

Bowhunter Single Trackin' & Stick & Stringin'

Oddometer:
    I see Danica is starting at the rear of the field again using the best equipment you can get.
  18. ADK

ADK .

Oddometer:
    :dhorse
  19. RedRocket

RedRocket Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer:
    And I thought I was a cynical prick.
  20. exoff-roadgoat

exoff-roadgoat Will ride for food

Oddometer:
    But....everytime she starts from the front she finishes near the front. Fontana is boring. I think I'll spend the day fixing the NSU on the DR.