The OLD Old's Cool Flea Market (closed & archived)

Discussion in 'Old's Cool' started by Nata Harli, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombie

zombie lost in space

Oddometer:
    Got a 79 gold wing all there with clean title
    Have a new water pump for it and its only 400 for the bike
  2. badweatherbiker

badweatherbiker Long timer

Oddometer:
    Got 3-4 project bikes here and no time to work on them due to the new job, looking to trade them or a couple of them at least for something I can ride.
  3. Robb

Robb Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    1972 Honda CB350 twin, one of my faves. So far as I can see this one is completely original and unfiddled, and in surprising good condition with just 7600 miles on it. Clear title, numbers on the title match the motor. Very "straight" overall. Steering stem is a little tight, but brakes are NOT locked up. Paperwork indicates the last registered owner bought it in 1987 with 6900 on it. License plate expired in '04. Clearly it's been sitting, but as I said it's in relatively great shape.

It will need some work, naturally. Carbs will need a pre-emptive cleaning, there's no battery, air filters are shot. Kicks over nicely. Nearly all the chrome will clean up. Seat is in gorgeous condition, both top and underneath. Original paint is nice, tank has no dents and is spotless inside. Pipes are solid.

Not a good time for a nice original classic to roll into my driveway, when I'm just back from a bike show with a head full of ideas. I'm not a restorer, and I know what'll happen if it stays here ... the wrenches will come out and I'll start modifying this and chopping that. This one deserves better.

Have not tried to start it, I think it should be thoroughly checked over by the next owner, rather than just getting the starting-fluid-and-jumper-cables treatment. Seriously, it's a very, very solid and original start on a special or restoration. Contact me directly if interested, $700 cash as-is takes it home, not a penny less. Bike-related trades always considered.

Quick teaser pic:

http://hawkfan4life.com/1972CB350/img_2200.jpg

PM me if interested.
  4. VitSports6

VitSports6 Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    PM'd you.
  5. Robb

Oddometer:
    NO TITLE. Ran for p/o on starting fluid. Appears complete and all straight, great start on a resto or project. Has the 400-style frame, not the funky frame found on the later 440's.

Interior of tank is nearly spotless. $350 cash takes it home. PM if interested.

[​IMG]
  6. jberg98n

jberg98n Intermediate MotoGeezer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Currently parting out a 1980 Honda XL185S and 1979 XL250S. No cosmetics or seats, mostly motors, wheel, suspension parts & mechanical stuff. Need anything?
  7. SERE Nate

SERE Nate Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    I recently was in an accident on my BMW R75/7. A driver turned in front of me and I had no where to go. My right Cylinder head hit her rear bumper and thats the last thing that I remembered. Anyways, I'm healed up and the bike made it through without any major damage. Mostly cosmetic. I have replaced the valve covers, seat, bars, grips, mirrors, turn signals, levers, etc.

I have not been able to locate a headlight. The bucket is fine, I just need the chrome bezel, lamp, and lens.

Can anyone help me out?

Attached Files:

8. tommcbride

tommcbride Long timer

Oddometer:
    Glad your ok!
    Try Joshua Buck Parts Haus Long Beach
    Or
    Beemer Bone Yard.
    (Google them for contac info)
    Good luck and again, Glad your ok!
  9. shootmymime

shootmymime Adventurer

Oddometer:
  10. Plaka

Plaka Brevis illi vita est

Oddometer:
  11. SPEIRMOOR

SPEIRMOOR Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Glad you're ok. Try these for parts
    http://www.re-psycle.com/default.asp
  12. Robb

Oddometer:
    Excellent candidate for restoration, or start on your custom project. CLEAR TITLE. Not sure what it'll need to run, but $500 takes it home. Sussex Wisconsin, just north of Waukesha and west of Milwaukee. PM your email, and I'll send you pics.
  13. rhlrdr

rhlrdr Adventurer

Oddometer:
  14. Robb

Oddometer:
    Several years back, I sold a truckload of CX500 parts and parts bikes to a local fellow, who was heavily into the CX scene. Last week I received an email from him, asking whether I'd be interested in buying some of the stuff back ... a recent back injury has left him unable to do much wrenching. I said sure, long story short he and his son delivered some parts last night, some of which I'm keeping for use on my own '79 daily-driver, and some of which I'm going to pass along. Figured I'd start here.

First up are a couple of motors. One's frozen, the heads have been pulled off, but I think I have most everything in a box required to reassemble (after unsticking it, of course). This one's got a radiator still mounted to it, so I'm figuring it's worth $75 to someone.

Second motor is complete and said to be a plug-and-play running unit. No radiator, but it's complete, yours for $125.

Lots more coming. Took pics, but our cable and phone are still on the fritz so I can't upload them. Once I can, I'll post pics to this thread. Got a lot of stuff ... titled frame, set of sidecovers, couple sets of carbs, will have another set of wheels soon, etc.

Sussex Wisconsin. Email me direct if you're in need of any of the above, robb.zimdars@gmail.com
  15. White Tenere

White Tenere 49 years on two wheels

Oddometer:
  16. White Tenere

White Tenere 49 years on two wheels

Oddometer:
  17. 4PawsHacienda

4PawsHacienda Inadvertent unrepentant wanderer

Oddometer:
  18. Disston

Disston ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer:
    There is currently one for sale over in Airheads. I will send this member a PM to terll him where it is.
  19. Volodymyr t G

Volodymyr t G Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Free - Bill Silver Restoration Reference guide for 1961-1967 CB72/77 Hawk & Superhawk, CL72/77 (250-305) Scrambler. PM me and it's yours.

Sorry all-i've already found a taker for it.
  20. Norton guy

Norton guy Serial bike owner

Oddometer:
    Looking for a Commando frame preferably 1972-1974. Would like one that isn't twisted. Will be blasting and painting it so it doesn't have to be pretty.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.