Yooperbikemike's 2013 MotoGP Thread

Discussion in 'Racing' started by yooperbikemike, Nov 11, 2012.

1. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    i understand the difference between his situation and the others but i was basing his comparison off the idea of "a candle that burned quickly..."

in retrospect i should not disrespect Wayne Rainey by comparing him to Casey
  2. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    He also could have retired because of seeing Simo's crash...That would have a devastating impact on anyone
  3. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    Casey himself said that if someone looked at what happened to Marco and decided to retire, they didn't know what it meant to be a racer.
  4. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    he must not know what it means to be a racer then:rofl
  5. brents347

brents347 Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer:
    Stoner qualified 2nd for that race (behind Pedrosa) and never saw the crash. They were red flagged and never came around to the crash site again. I'm sure he has seen the video, but that doesn't have the same effect.
  6. dsilver1007

dsilver1007 Long timer

Oddometer:
    thats true but im sure it has an effect not seeing someone that you see on a fairly regular basis around the pits...wether he stated it or not a death of competitor cant be an easy thing to stomach
  7. WSobchak

WSobchak Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    I really hope you're right. I might actually buy cable/satellite TV for the first time in my life. :eek1
  8. Tuttdog

Tuttdog Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Don't do it, the speed coverage will still blow goats compared to the motogp online coverage with no comercial breaks. The 130 bucks a year for motogp vs However much for cable will probably break even at best
  9. sprocketjock

sprocketjock Long timer

Oddometer:
    This. The speed coverage is sub par. $130 for a season pass is worth every dollar.
  10. Bounder

Bounder Typing...

Oddometer:
    I suspect Bradl is there because of his passport as well as being pretty fast.
  11. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:

+1

MotoGP online........GREAT coverage. :D

vs.

MotoGP on SpeedTV........so-so coverage and say hello to Flo. :deal
  12. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    MotoGP online $130

Speed $0
  13. DC2wheels

DC2wheels Castle Anthrax troll Supporter

Oddometer:

Not quite $0 in our case

We had to upgrade our basic DirecTV subscription just to get Speed- the rest of the package had nothing of interest to us.
  14. sailor22

sailor22 Jay Pegg pusher

Oddometer:
    This man speaks the truth. Believe him.
  15. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    Fixilated. :evil
  16. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    $130 ain't much if you're a trustafarian.

Speed ain't bad with the sound off.
  17. Mr Head

Mr Head Tired at the beach

Oddometer:
    Wrong!
    Speed HD requires cable and a special cable package at least for me. And while my cable is provided at an employee discounted rate, it does still cost significantly more than zero.
    I am fine with paying the subscription price and prefer it to what is offered by Speed. even the Speed HD feed is not has sharp in video detail as streaming to my iPad, then to AppleTV displaying on the same plasma flatscreen.
    When on travel, (as I am now and have been since last August) I am forced into streaming through my personal 4G hotspot as even wired internet is not fast enough to keep pace.
    And that costs a bit more than the subscription. One of the reasons I prefer Hilton over Marriott hotels and suites.
    It's still a bargain over the pathetic analog Speed feed found in the hotel.

18. mike54

mike54 You don't get me

Oddometer:
    For all intents and purposes Speed if free to me. I understand that every one has a unique situation an so what may be true for one person may not be true for another.

I find it pretty interesting how people will justify their spending. Like the person who 'needs' that BMW. :lol3
  19. wiseblood

wiseblood This checks out Supporter

Oddometer:
    :lurk
  20. jersey jim

jersey jim Long timer

Oddometer:
    I've done the MotoGP subscription the past two seasons, plan to do it again this season. Why? I can watch every practice session, every qualy session, and every second of every race. No missed laps due to watching Flo sell insurance. And, for the US races, I don't get Ralph MF'ing Sheehan, I get the regular guys, who I am very happy with. I'm not a rich man, but I think it's a bargain.

If I could pay for the same type of service to watch the WSB races I'd pay for that too. I don't know how I'm going to watch those this year, I'll have to try to stream them from somewhere I guess.