Suzuki TU250 - anyone seen/ride one?

Discussion in 'Thumpers' started by anomad, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap Gruntled and Imperturbable

Oddometer:
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your sweet new ride.
  2. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state Supporter

Oddometer:
    then wait a year, for the price of a used TU, you can find a clapped out enfield. nothing against enfields but you are comparing apples to oranges, used vs new. not to mention the dealer/part situation isn't the same on an enfield.

Glad your happy with your bike but....Different strokes for Different folks.

3. CaptTurbo

CaptTurbo Long timer

Oddometer:
    Not so bad if you are patient and shop for a deal on used one. I bought a used one recently and have to wait for it to ship to me. Due to arrive 5-8-09. I had not heard of the TU 250 or I might have looked into it before buying the WRR/X **I get both wheel sets with the WRR so I will have a sumo as well. :evil

The greatest feature of either bike has to be the FI. No more clogged idle circuits, no more re-jets or mixture screw adjustments! :deal
  4. richgroeneveld

richgroeneveld Adventurer

Oddometer:
    Motions, Marietta GA. They seem to be getting them in at all the shops. The shop in Bartow Georgia called me to let me know they had one the same day. I had called a couple of places to ask them to let me know when they get one a couple of months back.

5. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Really looking forward to your report. I realize you will be breaking it in for awhile. Im interested to see what top speed will be and if it will hold a comfortable 70 mph for some stretches of freeway time.
  6. HighwayChile

HighwayChile greetings from Wa state Supporter

Oddometer:
    cool retro styling. beats the ricky racer look for me:1drink
  7. Bar None

Bar None Long timer Supporter

Oddometer:
    Rich,
    I noticed Motions price on Cycle Trader is $3499. Did you get it for that price? Were there dealer add ons to that price other than sales tax /tag etc? I'm in Robbinsville,NC and could take drive down and pick one up.
    Thanks,
  8. richgroeneveld

Oddometer:
    I paid the price on the Suzuki site. 3799.00 They need to change that ad. I would call around some of the local shops. I bought the only one Motions had but they will be getting more.

9. richgroeneveld

Oddometer:
  10. Bar None

Oddometer:
    Rich,
    Thanks for the good TU revieew. I am about your size and am glad that the bikes fits you.
  11. UMass

UMass n00b

Oddometer:
    Hi Rich: I noticed you posted in the Yahoo TU-250X group. Nice blog on your new pick-up. I'm in fact picking up mine tomorrow (Friday 05/08) I changed out the seat vinyl to a "Saddle Brown" color. I dropped it off @ the dealership a few hours ago. Looks really nice! My local up upholstery guy had the material on hand & did the job in less then 24 hours.

I also paid retail @ $3799.00, but with no other fees. It was so nice of Suzuki to bump the price up $300.00 more just before the dealers were getting inventory. I'm sure I'll like her plenty. At least won't look like an idiot, considering I sold my Kymco People S200 scooter! I must admit that little scooter was bullet-proof & a blast to cruise on.

Good Luck!

Alex
  12. Bohh

Bohh n00b

Oddometer:
    I'm considering an '09 TU250X or CRF230L or a KLX250.

I really like the looks of the TU250, but I've never ridden before. Could you swap tires and stuff to make it drivable off road if you wanted? Like some of the stuff seen in this thread : http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201349&page=101

Or am I best to stick with a dualsport?
  13. UMass

UMass n00b

Oddometer:
    Yeah...Dual-Sport it is for you. Simply for the suspension & clearance. The TU-250X is a little showboat/around town standard bike. Nothing more. I guess you could slap some different tires etc., but it's not really made for that IMHO. BTW...Years ago (1990) I owned a Yamaha TW200 & had a blast riding that bike! Not really a street rig as it would top-off @ 55mph, but just ate-up the offroad!
  14. richgroeneveld

Oddometer:
    I like the idea of changing up the color. I'd like to have mine in black. I probably will do some work on that after I wear out the paint and the seat. I plan on keeping it a long time. Maybe teach my son to ride on it someday.
  15. K44rll

K44rll Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    [​IMG]

Karl
  16. Bugtussle

Bugtussle Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Damn, I love the black!! Maybe Suzuki will bring those in for the US next year.
  17. richgroeneveld

Oddometer:
    That black version looks awesome I saw this one online as well.
    [​IMG]
    The bike looks awesome no matter what color. I am going to ride mine for a couple of years red then switch it to black.
  18. Bar None

Oddometer:
    The Cycle World mag test had a top speed of 75 MPH.
  19. Dranrab Luap

Dranrab Luap Gruntled and Imperturbable

Oddometer:
    I read that Cycle World report. Not much to it really. I think they measured 16 RWHP. It should be pretty easy to boost that appreciably. The fuel economy they recorded was abysmal. My dealer got one in. I like it. Rear disc would have been nice. If I got one I'd probably +1 the CS sprocket to let it relax a little on the slab and do some things to boost HP.
  20. richgroeneveld

Oddometer: